Which is better? Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero: World Tour?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dannnnnnnnnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Dannnnnnnnnn
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey, for my birthday I was thinking of getting world tour as I love music and music games and like the sound of the new studio feature to make my own music. But I heard from some people that rock band 2 is better.Before I buy either one I thought I might aswell ask on here and see what everyone else thinks, thanks :D
con-jon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 con-jon12
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts
Rock Band 2
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i havnt played them as it's not my style iam a hardcore fps/rpg fan. but think of this over 500 songs on dlc for rock band. only songs for wt is for dlc........rock band is cheaper so maby u can buy full rockband set then buy just the wt gameand have both??????????? then to me rock band songs are better then wt's but u do have the option to make your own songs`but u cant put voice in it and that would be a big letdown if i was into it......... ya...... i be hearing rock band songs are more funner but ya look for ppl who played both only and u can also google rockband vs wt
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#4 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
Rock Band 2...Much more (and better) songs to chose from with a much cleaner interface (imo) If you want challenge then GHWT is probably more your cup of tea but, Rock Band 2 feels more like a fun band experience.
FierceWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FierceWarrior
Member since 2008 • 415 Posts
GH Word Tour
wybo_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wybo_a
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
If you were a fan of Guitar Hero before Rock Band was around, Guitar Hero: World Tour will definitely disappoint you. Rock Band is by far the superior game in all aspects. Guitar Hero gets the nod for the design and feel of guitar, but as a game, Rock Band hands down.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Well I own Rock Band 2 and I've played World Tour at my friend's house. My verdict is that Rock Band 2 is overall better with more of a choice and variety for DLC songs. Also I like Rock Band 2's presentation as opposed to World Tour. I would probably say RB2 is the better of the two.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Rock Band 2...Much more (and better) songs to chose from with a much cleaner interface (imo) If you want challenge then GHWT is probably more your cup of tea but, Rock Band 2 feels more like a fun band experience.skinny_man_69
Ya, there were more good songs in rock band 2
MrMan2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 MrMan2000
Member since 2002 • 31 Posts

Both are good games. If you're familiar with GH 1 and/or 2 and enjoyed it....then you're probably better off with RB b/c the same team created both.

GHWT is aimed more at gamers who like music whereas RB is aimed more at music fans who enjoy gaming. That means that GH is cartoony / over-the-top with visuals and gameplay. You have "battles" and greater challenges (especially on the guitar). RB, on the other hand, has a very clean, simply interface with an emphasis on the music and the gameplay is driven by the music. GH will do things like add phantom "notes" to make the gameplay more exciting, which would never happen in RB.

Still, the primary difference is probably that RB has a "platform" approach. If you buy RB2 you can play not only the RB2 songs but also all of the available DLC and you can import RB1 songs. This means that while playing RB2 you can instantly access over 500 songs with about a half dozen added each week.

This is significantly better than GH where you have the GHWT songs and a smattering of DLC. In total, less than 150 songs available. For me, the ability to quicly choose among 500 songs make RB the better choice. But if you're looking for high scores, battles and crazy challenged, GH is probably the choice.

diegogarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 diegogarden
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

world tour

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
I own both. RB2 is just simply better in almost every category.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Haven't played World Tour yet, but Rock Band 2 has the far superior setlist.
Mr_Glorius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 Mr_Glorius
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts
I own both including instruments. The tracklist alone in RB2 makes it the better game, unless you really love classic rock. Guitar Hero does have the better instruments, especially drums. I perfer the drum tracks on GH better as well. Really, the only time I pull out GH is when I wanna play drums.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts
Rock band.
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
To me thier both the same game.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
I have both. Rock Band 2 is MILES ahead of guitar hero world tour
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Rock Band 2 has a better setlist and World Tour has better instruments.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please use the Game Recommendation Thread for all questions about what game to get. Thanks.