Which game has pushed the XBOX 360 the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

carleton0502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 carleton0502
Member since 2006 • 90 Posts

Has there been a game out there that has pushed the XBOX 360 to its limits (Graphically), or is it yet to be released? Do 360 exclusive games such as the Gears of War franchise push the console further than multi-platform games?

If there has not been a game yet that has really pushed the 360 to its limits, I'd like to see that game!!!!

Any thoughts?

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Gears 2. You can see from all the technical issues it has.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Oblivion and Fallout 3 have tested the 360 and the 360 past those games with flying colours...so i'm pretty sure the xbox can handle photo realistic graphics.(BRING ON CRYSIS !:D)

The game that pushed xbox the most was Gears of War 2, and it runs very smoothly i might ad.;)

Xbot_720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xbot_720
Member since 2008 • 834 Posts

Fallout 3

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Gears 2. You can see from all the technical issues it has. shabab12

That hasn't to do with the xbox 360, Slowdowns are close to none, there ain't any freezes (that i've noted), the lag online is due to the servers or the connection, and the bugs and glitches are due to lazy programming :?

If there is one that really pushed it to the limit, then it has to be mass Effect, slowdowns are constant, slow loading textures and graphical glitches littered all over it. Still doesn't reap away the title as the best RPG of 2007 :D

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="shabab12"]Gears 2. You can see from all the technical issues it has. DoomZaW

That hasn't to do with the xbox 360, Slowdowns are close to none, there ain't any freezes (that i've noted), the lag online is due to the servers or the connection, and the bugs and glitches are due to lazy programming :?

If there is one that really pushed it to the limit, then it has to be mass Effect, slowdowns are constant, slow loading textures and graphical glitches littered all over it. Still doesn't reap away the title as the best RPG of 2007 :D

Id agree with that. Mass Effect is my favourite game on the 360 but the Graphical glitches are crazy. Every single time I land the Normandy at the space station i get slowdown and pop in.
kepadogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 kepadogg
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Im also on the Fallout 3 side. It seems the longer you play it the worse the technical glitching is. Apparently you can clear the cache somehow and maybe this would help but so far this is the most testing game for the 360 (bar online multiplayer technicalities which are a completly separate issue I believe) I have come across.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Gears of War 2

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Do keep in mind that Mass Effect used the Unreal Engine. While its been a very versatile and all-encompassing tool, its also been notoriously difficult to optimize on the consoles, particularly with larger scale games like RPG's.

To be honest, I'd say that the Xbox360's limits have beenskimmed pretty early on. Many developers have raved about the ease of programming for it, so I dont think there was ever much potential left untapped from games made even back in late 06, early 07. I mean, if you look at the difference between early PS2 games and some of the most recent ones, there's a noticeable gap in quality. I dont think this gap is very prevalent with the Xbox360. Part of the reason would be the obvious difference in storage capacities for the respective mediums. The PS3 Blu-Ray can hold a massive amount of information, and while you can hold similar amounts over multiple DVD's on the 360, the publisher has to pay more for these multiple discs and only certain games can realistically be multiple-disc without inconvenience.

Not that this is really a bad thing, though. Everybody knows that the PS3 is on-paper the more powerful console, but so far, very few developers have taken the time and effort to actually exploit its full potential, and this is largely because the PS3 is notoriously hard to develop for, and they've paid the price for it early on. Why spend extra time and effort(which costs them $$$) to make a game for this one system whenyou can do it for this other highly popular system for much cheaper?

Anyways, yea, I dont think we'll be seeing any new games that suddenly blow previous 360 games out the water in terms of superior technical graphics or anything, but the 360 is also quite versatile. So while it may not match up to some of the best PS3 games for the discerning eye, there's not really much the PS3 can do that the 360 cant. I imagine that games like FFXIII will still look stunning on the 360 and the graphic difference to the PS3 will be comparable to high and ultra-high settings on a PC game. In other words - negligible for the majority of gamers.

But I do think FFXIII will probably be one of the first games to really 'push' what the 360 can do.

eTrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eTrace
Member since 2003 • 3042 Posts

there have been many games that have pushed it to its limits. from piss poor programming or whatever

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Well, I went through my first playthrough of Mass Effect and I felt it really pushes the 360 with the constant freezing and some frame rate drops.
STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

Gears of War series:!::!::!:...and Halo 3(sigh):roll:

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

far cry 2

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#14 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

imo pure is the most fluid graphical game on the 360, its wonderful to look at.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

The answer is Grand Theft Auto IV

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Beautiful Katamari, hands down. No other game has that kind of ball rolling powuh'.
cooper_che14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 cooper_che14
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts
Dead Space!!! :)
JoduanLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoduanLive
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Fallout 3 must be that game, with the new patch(well not so new) they added it looks much better even better that the boring gears 2... the mapping thing.

ChidoriBoyU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChidoriBoyU
Member since 2009 • 392 Posts
gears 2,dark sector and probably alan wake
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
On the 360 I personally don't feel like their exclusive games really push the limits of the hardware, not yet. PS3 exclusives hell yeah. (MGS4, KZ2) Character models in Killzone2 aren't matched by anything out or coming out this year. To bad the gameplay doesn't match. Fallout3 on the 360 had graphic glitches that the PS3 version didn't. (and yes I played hours upon hours on both)________________________________ Now with that said best graphics has to be Dead Space, some of the best textures out. 6 play throughs on different difficulties and have noticed one glitch in 2 of the 6 play throughs. Meaning replaying of the same part glitches didn't repeat themselves. They were anomalies. Thats graphic fidelity for you.
Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

Beautiful Katamari, hands down. No other game has that kind of ball rolling powuh'.vashkey

ROFL! I totally agree!!! :lol:

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
gears 2 of course
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

he said "pushes it to the limit"

this takes into account more than just a good looking still image

it's either fallout 3 or GTA IV but the nod goes to GTA for me because fallout is just miles of the same textures

GTA has SO much going on so much to process, AND it has some of the best graphics - that was the game that truly made my jaw drop like super mario 64 did

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Assassin's Creed and RE5. GTA IV too with the level of scale it has.