Which do you prefer: Halo 5 or Gears of War 4?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

Poll Which do you prefer: Halo 5 or Gears of War 4? (46 votes)

Halo 5 Guardians 39%
Gears of War 4 61%

My bad for the limited choices, but to be clear the people I am asking this question to are fans of both games, just like me. I just felt like making this poll because I thought I was a bigger Halo fan, and I played a lot of Halo 5.....but then when Gears 4 came out I have been playing that mostly(as my go-to online shooter).

I'm not really sure why, maybe I played so much H5 this is a welcome change. It helps Gears 4 is one of the grittier games in my library, a fast paced action shooter. Horde is a great change from competitive online.

But I really enjoy the core gameplay of H5 and I love Team Slayer Arena and Firefight/Warzone.

I'm not really sure which I prefer, they seem different enough for me....but I voted Gears 4 because right now it's my preference. I can't really say why, wasn't such a huge Gears fan on the 360 as much. So anyways, I was just wondering what others thought.

• 
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

That's a tough one... In general I prefer Halo, but only for the campaigns. But since H5's campaign was pretty mediocre imo, probably go with Gears 4 (which had a pretty decent campaign).

Not sure about MP :)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Fair enough

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

How 'bout 50/50 ?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alucard_Prime

@raugutcon: I thought about that....but what if you were forced to choose right now? Not necessarily saying one is better but there should be one that at this very moment you might choose over the other.....for whatever reason. There is the fact that one is an fps while the other is a tps. Serveral distinguishing characteristics, they are very different experiences.

Overall Halo 5 is the larger scope game, more features such as Forge, more game modes, large and small scale battles, vehicles, etc. Gears 4 is a more focused, in your face experience. It's more limited overall, but has great action and you rely on your partners for revives a lot. The coop aspect can be more pronounced sometimes in Gears, I like that.

TrumpTowerLR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TrumpTowerLR
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

Easily Gears of War, the first 3 were incredible, the 4th was okay - still maintained the fun but story was nowhere near the standard of the first 3...

Halo...well, never really enjoyed it...

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: Halo would be my choice under those circumstances, simply because I've been playing Halo like forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Forza :)

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#8 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Halo 5.To be honest, I have not played a Gears of War game since the original on the Xbox 360.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alucard_Prime

@i_p_daily: lol nice....Forza is a more relaxing kind of game for me, it fits well in that trio of franchises when I need to take a break from the other 2.

Have you tried Dirt 4 yet? I bought it but haven't had much time.....it's pretty cool but I thought the graphics looked slightly dated compared to FH3....I'll have to play it more though, gameplay is excellent

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@i_p_daily: lol nice....Forza is a more relaxing kind of game for me, it fits well in that trio of franchises when I need to take a break from the other 2.

Have you tried Dirt 4 yet? I bought it but haven't had much time.....it's pretty cool but I thought the graphics looked slightly dated compared to FH3....I'll have to play it more though, gameplay is excellent

I know this sounds strange but I've only played 1 Halo game and 1 Gears game, and I did finish them both. From that I would say that I hated Halo less.

Yeah I got Dirt 4 but haven't gotten around to playing it yet, works been killer, been doing 50+hrs a week for a few months now :(

Hopefully it's as hard or harder than what Dirt Rally was, i'm a sucker for punishment when it comes to racers :)

Reagan2791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reagan2791
Member since 2013 • 342 Posts

I've tried Gears and don't care for the cover based mechanics. I still have a new, unopened copy of Gears 4 that's been taking up shelf space for 3-4 months.

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

I prefer gears of war 4 as one of my favorite games but halo 5 is amazing and I love the online.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I voted Gears. Never liked the Halo Series, not my thing. Gears is an IP worth making a console purchase for. When Dom died, so did a little piece of me :(

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

Gears 4 for me personally, the story and everything. My dude Dom is a role model for the selfless souls out there like myself, he took one for the team.

However in this entry, the Coalition seems to not give a damn about servers (I know they are a new company but many who worked on Gears are apart of this new company).

However, I'm thankful that I'm alive to see Marcus have a son and finish the fight.

(When the servers do work and shots register, it is by far some of the most fun I've had on XBL).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halo 5 is great as well, the servers on that game are top notch.

Matchmaking and shot registration actually work.

I got into Halo (H4) wayy later than others.

I don't consider myself a fair judge because I wasn't there when the series started. The story is decent, I like it.

But deff the MP is where it's at, especially with the addition of firefight.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

For SP - GoW4, for MP - Halo 5

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Gears of War 4, both the single player campaign is top notch and the online is great.

Halo 5 is one of the weaker offerings in the series, though still good overall, it lacks in the campaign end because the story was split between the game and supplemental media (i.e. tie-in movies and TV series, books, etc), collateral damage from Don Mattrick's tenure. I haven't played in a while though, but am excited to fire it up again, as I've been informed they have Firefight mode now.

Hopefully 343 will hit it out of the ballpark on the sequel, from what little I've played of Halo Wars 2, I thought they handled the story elements a lot better not having fractured it with supplemental media.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#17 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'd go with Halo 5. I may have been disappointed with the campaign but the game plays incredibly well.

And I've never been the biggest fan of the Gears franchise. Gears 4 was good but didn't excite me that much.

bragr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bragr
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

Gears 4. The first half of the campaign was great, but both of these franchises have regressed this generation.

Halo 5 was the first real generic Halo campaign.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Both!

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

gears 4 ... halo 5 campaign took a step back ... gears was simple easy to follow and got really interesting

killingjoke94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killingjoke94
Member since 2017 • 26 Posts

I'd say Gears of War 4 for me. I've enjoyed Halo games in the past, but feel that Gears online is quality and the graphics are far superior

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

I'm 50/50 on this.

Ap3xLyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23 Ap3xLyfe
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Definitely Gears 4

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#24 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

Halo 5 is my preference but I enjoy them both.

TehJaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TehJaymez
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Halo 5 due to more customization, game modes, features such as forge, and the free updates which were really nice.

KoopaNeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KoopaNeck
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Gears of war 4 hands down.