which 360 to buy???quick question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

popsspop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 popsspop
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

i plan on buying a 360 but have a quick question.. which package should i buy..the elite seems nice for the hdmi( i have a 52in. samsung)but i know i will not use all that space, im no media crazy guy..also, i have a card for best buy valued at 264.00$ from a broken ipod that i was smart enough to get a plan on..i figure the elite is what everyone will say but i cant seem to find any at the three closets best buys around me..i basically answered my own question but what do you all think.. i guess ill just wait for a new shipment of elite'sto arrive at BB..

any input appreciated

tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
since u have a really nice TV, i would go for the Elite; cuz it has the really nice HDMI cable with it
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts
Just go Elite. Trust me it's worth it!
ygohome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ygohome
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts

definitely ELITE

120 gig hardrive is enough reason, hdmi is a major plus too... and two controllers I believe also

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
Since you have the nice setup, go for the elite.
beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#6 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts
Elite, it's black. I wish mine was black.
AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 AndyWilliams24
Member since 2005 • 7291 Posts
Elite if you have enough, or Premium if your not bothered about the HDMI or want to get extra games.
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

definitely ELITE

120 gig hardrive is enough reason, hdmi is a major plus too... and two controllers I believe also

ygohome

No. Just one. Trust me. I bout the Elite Launch day... just one.

KingVandalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingVandalo
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
yeah just go for the black ELITE ;)
christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
Elite.
monkey304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 monkey304
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
Anything but the core! :D
Skipper24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skipper24
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Haha...everyone recommended the elite. lol.
Cronjob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Cronjob
Member since 2005 • 789 Posts

definitely ELITE

ygohome
HDMI is a major plus? Really? Why exactly do you find it to be a major plus? Are you really that eager to have HDCP in your system so corporations can control content and what you do with your content? That's all HDMI really offers you -- except for the bandwidth for 1080p (versus 1080i which is the limit of component cables, which most A/V guys prefer). I don't know of any A/V geek that sees HDMI as anything other than a gimmick and a scam (though granted it is a gimmick and a scam that allows you to pump 1080p to your television). Now, I *do* have a 65" 1080p television... but there is no 1080p XBOX 360 games. So who cares?! It's hardly worth an extra $80 for a cable that further infringes on your consumer rights and offers you nothing in return (currently). Don't fall for the idea that there's something great about HDMI there is not.
Cronjob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Cronjob
Member since 2005 • 789 Posts
Since you have the nice setup, go for the elite.Tree06
That doesn't make any sense. Since he has a nice television, he should go for an elite? Care to explain why? The **ONLY** reason to go HDMI is if you want 1080p. For 1080p, your television has to support native 1080p and you need to have games that are in 1080p. At the moment, there is no 1080p content on the XBOX 360. And all we know about his television is that it's a "52 inch Samsung". We don't even know if it's a Samsung that does 1080p, so even if there were XBOX 360 content in 1080p, it wouldn't matter if his television doesn't do 1080p. Quality component cables will blow away HDMI any day for everything except 1080*p* (and I'm sure that Microsoft's provided HDMI cable will be at the lowest of the low-end when it comes to HDMI cables, too). So here is what you do: If you have a television that does 1080p **AND** you expect to have worthwhile 1080p content on the XBOX 360 any time soon (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this as well since I would love to have more 1080p content for my entertainment system) -- AND you don't mind the extra $80 for it, then go for it. On the other hand, if your television does not do 1080p or you don't expect there to be any 1080p content on XBOX that will be of interest to you or $80 is a significant amount to you... then skip it. There is nothing magical or special about HDMI and you can do your own research easily via google and various A/V resources for the details... but definitely don't buy into all the people who don't know what they're talking about trying to tell you that HDMI is some sort of next evolution in quality. The **MAIN** feature of HDMI is HDCP.... which is copyright control. It lets corporations control what content you can put through that device and what you can do with it. If you don't mind paying to give them that right, then go for it.
gamester2280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamester2280

Wow get off your conspiracy theories. Lol. Maybe he wants to spend the extra $80 to get the bigger hard drive. And actually a main feature of hdmi is the sound quality that you can get from it given the proper receiver. Although the 360 doesn't support these new formats such Dolby True HD or DTS HD at this time it will in the future.

Also it doesn't matter what quality hdmi cable you have as they are all pretty much the same just with different shielding properties, so unless you plan on playing your 360 right next to a microwave or something else that provides strong interference you don't need the most expensive cables you can buy. I also have yet to see any "A/V Guys" as you like to call them actually prefer component over hdmi.

In the end though i would definitely buy the Elite 360 given that it is only $80 dollars more and would be the best 360 you can buy currently. Given the bigger hard drive and hdmi compatibility it is well worth it.

themc_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 themc_7
Member since 2004 • 921 Posts
I guess you could say I'm in the same boat, I have a pretty nice tv, I guess the HD quality doesn't really matter to me, I'm just wondering about the hard drive.... is it worth while?
gamester2280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamester2280
I would say it is a good buy for the bigger hard drive only also. I currently have about 5 gigs left on my hard drive. Problem is all I have is a meager amount of videos downloaded,one or two demosand none of my music on it. The 360 is great though as it allows you to stream mostly anything from your computer to the 360. This eats bandwidth though. So I guess I'm just saying it would be wise to by an Elite 360 over a premium at this point.
popsspop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 popsspop

how often does best buy get shipments..in other words how long should i expect to hold off for my local bvest buy to have it in stock

thx for quick replies

Bolan5857

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bolan5857
Member since 2005 • 1153 Posts

Buy a working one... LOL Just kidding, I am a little irritated right now with MSs customer support for broken launch consoles.

That being said, I wish I had waited for the ELITE, and would suggest that you buy one. I love my premium, and will buy an elite to replace it if the support team at MS doesnt come through for me.

BEST REGARDS!

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

i plan on buying a 360 but have a quick question.. which package should i buy..the elite seems nice for the hdmi( i have a 52in. samsung)but i know i will not use all that space, im no media crazy guy..also, i have a card for best buy valued at 264.00$ from a broken ipod that i was smart enough to get a plan on..i figure the elite is what everyone will say but i cant seem to find any at the three closets best buys around me..i basically answered my own question but what do you all think.. i guess ill just wait for a new shipment of elite'sto arrive at BB..

any input appreciated

popsspop

Definitely the Elite - especially since you have a high end TV that will take advantage of the HDMI.

ygohome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ygohome
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts
[QUOTE="ygohome"]

definitely ELITE

Cronjob

HDMI is a major plus? Really? Why exactly do you find it to be a major plus? Are you really that eager to have HDCP in your system so corporations can control content and what you do with your content? That's all HDMI really offers you -- except for the bandwidth for 1080p (versus 1080i which is the limit of component cables, which most A/V guys prefer). I don't know of any A/V geek that sees HDMI as anything other than a gimmick and a scam (though granted it is a gimmick and a scam that allows you to pump 1080p to your television). Now, I *do* have a 65" 1080p television... but there is no 1080p XBOX 360 games. So who cares?! It's hardly worth an extra $80 for a cable that further infringes on your consumer rights and offers you nothing in return (currently). Don't fall for the idea that there's something great about HDMI there is not.

crontab, don't freak out on me. lol. I said it's a plus because, as you know, it is a single cable thatgives 1080p. weather there are 1080p games out now or not, i like having a single cable and knowing it's capable of handling 1080p when/if it becomes more available. lay off the espresso or switch to decaf