Where should I blow my fan at?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bikabenownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bikabenownz
Member since 2005 • 2613 Posts
Hey, I got my elite last year, working fine and everything, but I've heard that people are blowing their housefans on the BACK of the 360. I've been making mine blow on the RIGHT SIDE of it(Where the holes are on the right side) Anyway, is my idea better? It's supposed to help blow air out of the 360. Is that a better idea? It supposedly is going to help cool down the system since it's helping blow air out. Like, I have a housefan blowing at full speed,(It's kinda loud =P) directly at the holes on the right side. Discuss.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

Don't do anything like that at all. It'll make your 360 more prone to overheat in the long run. It does cool it down, but it also blows extra dust into your console which can/will block the vents, making your 360 prone to overheat

Just get a shop vac and use it once every other week

Bikabenownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bikabenownz
I actually blow the dust out of the 360 every week to make sure there's no dust in there.
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Blow the fan at the front of the 360. Helps cool it down without trapping dust or heat inside. I've been doing that with heavy usage on the 360 for over a year (and about a year without the fan before it) without any problems. It should work for you.
wii_dude101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 wii_dude101
Member since 2007 • 318 Posts

I have a lot of fans but I never would blow them.

and blow it from the front

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts
i used to blow a fan to the back/right side of my old 360 core. the thing RROD on me a few months later so either A) It doesn't help much, or B): My 360 Core was going to RROD no matter what. I replaced it with the Elite (got $300 credit on it when I traded in the busted core) and don't use a fan on it all. It's working fine.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
What's a good little vacuum to use to get dust out?
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
baaahhh it's the T3 guy again... i envy you...
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hrah
Member since 2003 • 1375 Posts

Hey, I got my elite last year, working fine and everything, but I've heard that people are blowing their housefans on the BACK of the 360. I've been making mine blow on the RIGHT SIDE of it(Where the holes are on the right side) Anyway, is my idea better? It's supposed to help blow air out of the 360. Is that a better idea? It supposedly is going to help cool down the system since it's helping blow air out. Like, I have a housefan blowing at full speed,(It's kinda loud =P) directly at the holes on the right side. Discuss.Bikabenownz

NEVER put a fan on the back of the x360, it will overheat and Rrod, the back fans vent the air towards the back of the console

Bikabenownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bikabenownz
I don't, I run my houssefan on the right side. I'm smart like that, I know the back fans blow air out, and running a fan to the right side cools it down and everything.
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrah
good boy !!!
the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikabenownz"]Hey, I got my elite last year, working fine and everything, but I've heard that people are blowing their housefans on the BACK of the 360. I've been making mine blow on the RIGHT SIDE of it(Where the holes are on the right side) Anyway, is my idea better? It's supposed to help blow air out of the 360. Is that a better idea? It supposedly is going to help cool down the system since it's helping blow air out. Like, I have a housefan blowing at full speed,(It's kinda loud =P) directly at the holes on the right side. Discuss.hrah

NEVER put a fan on the back of the x360, it will overheat and Rrod, the back fans vent the air towards the back of the console

Mate you've got to be kidding. The fan on the back sucks air out, not pushes it in. It creates greater air flow, I've had one on mine for nearly 3 years and it's working like a treat, no rrod etc.

hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrah

I never said the contrary , have you looked at the photo??? , ARROWS, When I said (NEVER put a fan on the back of the x360, it will overheat and Rrod, the back fans vent the air towards the back of the console) I meant never put a fan in the back venting air toward the back.

Bikabenownz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bikabenownz
So.. running a HOUSEFAN blowing air on the back of the 360 isn't a bad idea? I thought running a housefan on the side of the 360 is a better idea. I'm right, right?
hrah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrah

my bad, when I read this (but I've heard that people are blowing their housefans on the BACK of the 360) from bikabenownz, I thought that he heard someone was putting a fan blowing air towards the inside from the back of the xbox360 which would be bad, so my answers were to that, sorry, in that case, yes you can put a fan on the back to help suck the hot air out, sorry for the confusion, I made a fool of myself there.:oops:

well, if you want to see if putting a fan to the back would help, see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HNMoTGMHU