Where is a good place to buy armor in Fallout 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WEINER-GOBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WEINER-GOBLIN
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

I want a place where I can buy light, tough armor in Fallout 3. Any ideas where?

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

just get the winterized combat armor after you beat anchorage. it never breaks.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

LeGoofyGoober
Don't you have to do a certain glitch for that? If I were you, I would raise my Repair skill to the full 100, get yourself a really good set of armor (Linden's Outcast Power Armor, or Lag-Bolt's Combat Armor), and then just find corresponding armor throughout the Wasteland as you fight enemies, and repair the armor to your heart's content.
SDOT55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 SDOT55
Member since 2008 • 250 Posts
Theres not really any place that sells "good armor". Most of the time I just found some Power Armor and repaired it.. The armor that stores sell are most of the time in garbage contidion and arent rare at all. Just kill some Enclave Soldiers and repair it yourself.
bios101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bios101
Member since 2009 • 273 Posts

Why buying armor? i'm hunting down enclave soldiers for hellfire or tesla power armor, thats enough.

If you need a good shop to buy good armor, go to Canterburry Commons andpay the Major two times for an expension of Crow's shop. Then go to the gate of Megaton where the protectron is greeting you (or Moira if you blew Megaton up) and wait an hour, one of the four merchants should arrive. If its not Crowe, just wait for another hour. And wait and wait until Crowe is there. Cause of the expansion you paid for he should have some decent armor in stock.

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
If you want light armor, beat Reilly's Rangers quest and get ranger armor, i think its the best vanilla armor in the game
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

atm0073

Don't you have to do a certain glitch for that? If I were you, I would raise my Repair skill to the full 100, get yourself a really good set of armor (Linden's Outcast Power Armor, or Lag-Bolt's Combat Armor), and then just find corresponding armor throughout the Wasteland as you fight enemies, and repair the armor to your heart's content.

no glitch. it just never breaks.

mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

Yup its true...i got the winterized power armor and i havent changed it since:D it never breaks,i also have the nuke anomoly perk so as im being bombarded with enemy fire i dont have to worry about my armor breaking,and as soon as my health drops below 20 i turn into a nuke obliterating all around me:)...its freakin awesome

[QUOTE="atm0073"][QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

LeGoofyGoober

no glitch. it just never breaks.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
the most annoying armour is the T-51b power armour, which is amazing, but cant be repaired :(
mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

ya but the winterized T-51B power armor is just as amazing and its indistructable:)

the most annoying armour is the T-51b power armour, which is amazing, but cant be repaired :(chaoscougar1

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
Theres not really any place that sells "good armor". Most of the time I just found some Power Armor and repaired it.. The armor that stores sell are most of the time in garbage contidion and arent rare at all. Just kill some Enclave Soldiers and repair it yourself. SDOT55