Where are all the Xbox gamers?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I have been here for just over a year, and this place is pretty much dead if you're an Xbox gamer. I was wondering has it always been like this? It's a shame that a site as big as this has very few gamers with the same interest as me (XB1) to have a conversation with.

Avatar image for logicallizard07
logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 logicallizard07
Member since 2015 • 325 Posts

I have been here just a few months and noticed the same thing

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@i_p_daily: last gen some of the band wagoner's were on the 360 but as the name implies they go with whats popular. I've been here about 10 years and its always had more PS fans imo. Sony is more popular world wide and has a longer legacy in the industry. Plus Japanese devs support Japanese consoles without question it seems and there are a lot of gamers that love those JRPG games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I´m here, probably my favorite console is the X360.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#5 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

The Sony forum has always been more populated than the Xbox forum over the last 6 years imo.

Usually this forum isn't active.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@cainetao11 said:

@i_p_daily: last gen some of the band wagoner's were on the 360 but as the name implies they go with whats popular. I've been here about 10 years and its always had more PS fans imo. Sony is more popular world wide and has a longer legacy in the industry. Plus Japanese devs support Japanese consoles without question it seems and there are a lot of gamers that love those JRPG games.

Yeah I know the sheep mentality of gamers these days, but this forum is basically dead which is a shame because it was the reason I joined this site. I guess people just want to argue about games on system wars than have an actual conversation about them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cainetao11

@i_p_daily: Its true. People would rather A) argue that they have chosen the "right" team; B) be entertained, which SW can be at times. I'm having a laugh at someone now in that forum over Nier Automata

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cainetao11

@shadowchronicle said:

The Sony forum has always been more populated than the Xbox forum over the last 6 years imo.

Its easier to go with the masses. Sony is and has been the heavyweight in the console industry with the exception of when they got full of themselves. But I've always liked home incorporated companies and underdogs.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Place is dead overall. Not as huge as 5-6 years ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@cainetao11 said:

@i_p_daily: Its true. People would rather A) argue that they have chosen the "right" team; B) be entertained, which SW can be at times. I'm having a laugh at someone now in that forum over Nier Automata

That's why its sad to see this place in a such a quiet state. Yeah SW can be funny at times, but most of the people take it waaaaaaay to seriously even when they say they don't.

Still I will try and post some questions and the like on this side of the forum, and hopefully try and breathe a little bit of life into it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cainetao11

@i_p_daily: Look forward to it.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

Busy playing. I only come on the forum when I'm at work.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@cainetao11 said:

That's why its sad to see this place in a such a quiet state. Yeah SW can be funny at times, but most of the people take it waaaaaaay to seriously even when they say they don't.

Still I will try and post some questions and the like on this side of the forum, and hopefully try and breathe a little bit of life into it.

Sounds good mate. We need a few more Xbox fans on here for sure... we are massively outnumbered, especially in "System Wars".

Need some more balance. Too many cows, lol.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

I check this forum every day but I usually find nothing new to talk about. I do go in SW once in a while and some may have seen me around there, but for the most part I find the majority of the users who frequent that place to be toxic and narrow minded. Although I have enjoyed my time here on gamespot, the bias towards all things playstation from the staff and majority of the users makes me want to visit the site less and less. I really think I only visit this site these days simply cause I haven't been able to get enough people to talk to over on my own site.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#16 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@shadowchronicle said:

Its easier to go with the masses. Sony is and has been the heavyweight in the console industry with the exception of when they got full of themselves. But I've always liked home incorporated companies and underdogs.

I imagine Microsoft being a large corporation that creates software for computers other than game consoles also takes away positive rep on their consoles. People associate them with greedy corporations who have no interest in gamers even though all business are out there to make money.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

To me personally, it's not just Xbox gamers, it's also Sony gamers, Nintendo Gamers the there own boards are dead. I go to each every one of them just about every now and then, there's hardly anyone talking anything about games. Even here, I really expected to see someone actually make a thread about Quantum Break discussion, that didn't happen. I'm a gamer, a Manticore, Xbox/PS/Nintendo forums are always dead and hardly anything to talk about anything good. Even if I do make a thread on this exclusive game, it takes at least a day to actually get a reply or two. Even Games Discussion is slow and it's a shame cause I love to go over there but the truth is, System Wars is the only forum that's always active and I admit that I don't have a choice to go over there. Even the Retro forum is even deader and I love to talk about classic games and consoles, even I find myself not to go there and it takes a day to get a reply when making a thread.

@i_p_daily said:
@cainetao11 said:

Yeah I know the sheep mentality of gamers these days, but this forum is basically dead which is a shame because it was the reason I joined this site. I guess people just want to argue about games on system wars than have an actual conversation about them.

System Wars is all about bashing the other guy now, it's the reason why the forum is always popular, just wanna down talk Xbox gamers and it's getting to the point it's getting really ridiculous seeing lots and lots of Sony fanboys and less Xbox/Nintendo gamers over there. But then again, everyone loves SW and like I said, I don't have a choice since it's the most active forum in all Gamespot.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cainetao11

@davillain-: Well we do have a choice. I like posting and reading others posts but this isn't a necessity for life. Need a break from SW now. I've been posting there almost 10 years now. I've seen friends leave the forum and I understand now. It does have its laughs but its also a negative place. A lot of know it alls that have done piss all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@cainetao11 said:

@davillain-: Well we do have a choice. I like posting and reading others posts but this isn't a necessity for life. Need a break from SW now. I've been posting there almost 10 years now. I've seen friends leave the forum and I understand now. It does have its laughs but its also a negative place. A lot of know it alls that have done piss all.

I know what you mean, after only being here on GS for 10 months, I left the site for 3 months because of the amount garbage that gets thrown around on SW. It's the same shit everyday, it's only the depth that varies.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cainetao11

@i_p_daily said:
@cainetao11 said:

I know what you mean, after only being here on GS for 10 months, I left the site for 3 months because of the amount garbage that gets thrown around on SW. It's the same shit everyday, it's only the depth that varies.

Yep. I've been in a back and forth about Halo 5 campaign with someone. He doesn't like it, I do. I read a lot of extended Haloverse stuff and am involved in the community. He doesn't like that the devs are connecting with other mediums. I say ok, its obviously not for you then. But it has to escalate into an argument. People there just don't get that no matter how much you believe yourself to be right, it doesn't mean your opinion is right for me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

were outnumbered, I'm neutral though because I own both consoles but more xbox members the better I say.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

OK, so who's hyped about Gears of War 4, me ? Oh boy, somebody please put me on standby until the 18 th, the suspense is killing me ! Anybody played the Firefight Beta this weekend ? What are your thoughts about it ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@raugutcon said:

OK, so who's hyped about Gears of War 4, me ? Oh boy, somebody please put me on standby until the 18 th, the suspense is killing me ! Anybody played the Firefight Beta this weekend ? What are your thoughts about it ?

This might sound strange coming from an Xbox gamer, but I don't like the Gears games, I'm the Forza fan. Hopefully Gears 4 is as good as you expect it to be :)

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#24 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I tried the beta seemed like the same old Gears which is ok by me, although I kind of expected some change, and to the community you guys could create threads around here to see more movement.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I have been here for just over a year, and this place is pretty much dead if you're an Xbox gamer. I was wondering has it always been like this? It's a shame that a site as big as this has very few gamers with the same interest as me (XB1) to have a conversation with.

I'm still enjoying my 360, I won't be getting the XB1 until the fall. But I wouldn't consider myself exclusive to MS because I have a PS3 and PS4 as well. I think that's the road that most gamers are going this-gen.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Pretty sure it used to be more active, but this site now has Hollywood movie reviews on its front page, so the gaming-only focus seems to be dissipating over time. There are still a good bunch posting here though, so its decent enough.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

I seldom post on this site. It caters to 16-year-old trolls. It always has.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Puggy301 said:

I seldom post on this site. It caters to 16-year-old trolls. It always has.

I think you're being a bit generous there, one look at System Wars and you can tell the average age is like 12.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#29 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

GS as a website overall has plummeted in quality since they changed the format the last time. I been here for years and hardly even read it anymore.

A lot of people just got tired of arguing with Sony fanboys so they stopped posting. You're not even safe in the Xbox forum they weasel in here and pee in the Kool Aid in half the threads.

Halo 5 is easily the best console shooter this gen with the most content and its free, but according to GS Sony trolls here its a flop. Same with Forza. Thats my biggest gripe around here. You cant even talk about gaming or gameplay without some stupid troll derailing it.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Well let's change that. I will try to post here more often. I am burnt out on SWs as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@the-a-baum: The more the merrier.

I know what you mean about SW, I just go there to stir some people up, but it gets boring after awhile.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 doubalfa

Halo 5 is great in both content and gameplay, I don't even get all the criticism about the campign, anyway, we can make this a healthy forum for actual xbox users

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@oflow: Yep. That's how you know they're trolls for sure. Anyone who has actually played either Halo 5 or Forza and views them as flops can be nothing but a troll, or someone recovering from severe head trauma and not in possession of all their faculties

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 doubalfa

@Puggy301 said:

@oflow: Yep. That's how you know they're trolls for sure. Anyone who has actually played either Halo 5 or Forza and views them as flops can be nothing but a troll, or someone recovering from severe head trauma and not in possession of all their faculties

or hasn't played them at all, but you know this is the internet, people actually try to form opinions on things they haven't tried yet

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#35 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

It's dead if you are an Xbox gamer and a PS gamer, if you are in those specific sections. Everyone has moved to SW. Lots of Xbox and PS gamers there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@kvally said:
@i_p_daily said:

It's dead if you are an Xbox gamer and a PS gamer, if you are in those specific sections. Everyone has moved to SW. Lots of Xbox and PS gamers there.

Fixed that for you.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#38 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@kvally said:
@i_p_daily said:

Fixed that for you.

"It's dead if you are an Xbox gamer and a PS gamer, if you are in those specific sections. Everyone has moved to SW. Lots of Xbox and PS gamers there."

Fixed it back for you.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 doubalfa

don't turn this into mini SW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@doubalfa: I agree save the garbage for the other side of this site :)

WellofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WellofTruth
Member since 2013 • 39 Posts

I've been wondering the same, we need to get this forum back to life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@welloftruth said:

I've been wondering the same, we need to get this forum back to life.

Well the more people the better :)

MajorCodeBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MajorCodeBlue
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

Hi I'm Joel and I'm an Xbox One gamer and I'm willing to contribute to the XONE fanbase on this site.

We should form a clan or alliance or something.

My Gamertag is MajorCodeBlue and I play Halo MCC, Halo 5, Battlefront, Destiny: TTK, and Minecraft.

Add me and we'll play.

XBOXLEWISUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XBOXLEWISUK
Member since 2016 • 15 Posts

@majorcodeblue: hi joel, I'm new to this forum/site, love gaming....started way way back many years ago, with a zx spectrum 48k, then too a spectrum 128 plus 3, then super Nintendo, then sega Saturn, ps1, ps2, xbox 1 , xbox360 and finally a xboxone , what games everyone like? my gamertag XBOXLEWISUK add me I'm friendly :0

MajorCodeBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MajorCodeBlue
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

@xboxlewisuk: I like halo mcc, halo 5, minecraft and destiny. I play bo3 and other games too if people are into other fps i have a few others.

BLUESTREAK23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BLUESTREAK23
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Haven't played my Xbox One at all in 2016. I only use it for Netflix.

Compared to the original Xbox, and the Xbox 360, the quantity of games has exponentially decreased, while the quality of games has linearly decreased. There just isn't the same amount of buzz in the gaming world as what existed in the 2000's. Back then, there were usually 10 games a year that I wanted to buy (usually ended up getting 4-5). Now there are 1-2, and that's all I end up buying.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@BLUESTREAK23 said:

Haven't played my Xbox One at all in 2016. I only use it for Netflix.

Compared to the original Xbox, and the Xbox 360, the quantity of games has exponentially decreased, while the quality of games has linearly decreased. There just isn't the same amount of buzz in the gaming world as what existed in the 2000's. Back then, there were usually 10 games a year that I wanted to buy (usually ended up getting 4-5). Now there are 1-2, and that's all I end up buying.

Well, to be fair, the Xbone is no 360 in terms of getting the lionshare of games this gen.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wildhoney66
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

i just got my 1st 360 last week i got it used for get this $50 bucks. through a friend of my mom's who was selling theirs. she says to me if i wanted it i said hell yeah. for that price? i'm more of a nintendo fan and a Playstation fan than an X Box fan to be honest so getting this system is actually the 1st time i've ever even played any of the systems they've put out. i've talked with friends at work and it seems at least to the couple of people i've talked to they don't have a 360 but they got an x bone.the funny thing is nobody's said to me that the x bone is a better system at all. i've heard the 360 is a far superior system to be honest. as for the amount of games i get per year i have various systems so i get a good portion of them for those systems. my current ones i buy for is PS3, i bought a couple of Ratchet & Clank games for my PS2 not that long ago as well. my Vita and my 3DS as well.

i bought Arkham Asylum for the 360 and i also have it for my PS3 as well. i bought it for my 360 cause it's a game i somewhat know and funny enough i think i play a bit better at it than on the PS3 cause the controls are easier to use funny enough. there's a couple moves on it that i can remember to use on the 360 than on the PS3 if that makes any kind of sense. anyone have a game for more than one system?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@wildhoney66: Save that for your blog.