When we canadians could be able to download movies?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
hi,i live in Canada and i really want to download HD movies and watch it on my 50 inch HDTV but i cant... do you guys know when we can download movies?thanks:D
Fyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fyper
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts
Sometime this month it releases in whole America and Europe.
orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
Sometime this month it releases in whole America and Europe.Fyper
is there any sites about this confirmation for''xbox live video market place coming to Canada''?
pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 pigonthewing
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

Its a CRTC ruling about viewing of foreign content which includes the US of A. You may notice that yes we get all their movies and tv shows but they are all distributed by a Canadian companies. Right now there is no medium to the xbox live marketplace its a US distributer.

Thats why you have itunes Canada, because we can not purchase content from the normal iTunes since its not a Canadian distributer.

Its faaaar more complicated than that, but its the gist of it. I know that there may be a solution for some kind of medium for distribution to Canada that will take place in the fall.

FreedomReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FreedomReign
Member since 2006 • 1178 Posts

Sympatico is MS partner in Canada... at least I think they are. Content was promised this month @ E3 for Canada and parts of Europe. Price Drop will probably usher. We'll see if MS can make good on their promise.

pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 pigonthewing
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts
That would explain why Aliant now bundles the xbox elite with our high speed now over in the maratimes.
Avatar image for alexisonfire828
alexisonfire828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 alexisonfire828
Member since 2005 • 1304 Posts

Sympatico is MS partner in Canada... at least I think they are. Content was promised this month @ E3 for Canada and parts of Europe. Price Drop will probably usher. We'll see if MS can make good on their promise.

FreedomReign

Nope. You're dead on man. They're most certainly partners. And at E3 they did confirm that the Video Marketplace is coming to Canada (and Europe). Jst for some reason thought it was coming next year in the latter part of the year lol :?