What's your guys opinion on Halo 4 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts
What do you guys think of Halo 4 from all the new screen shots and vids shown so far? Will it be a Disaster or is 343 bringing new life into the series ?
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I think it will sell as well as any Halo game before it. It is Halo after all. I think it will for the most part stay true to the Halo formula. It wont feel like a completely different game. The Campaign will have huge set pieces and be very flashy and epic and the multiplayer will be the good ol Red vs Blue that we all remember. I think that delving deeper into the character of Master Chief and Cortana will be very interesting to fans of the series but will be considered contrived or derivative by most. I think that Multiplayer will be tight and have a huge community. And I see these forums and the internet as a whole being flooded by complaints by TWO primary types of fanboys. COD fanboys whos lot in life is to stomp anything outside of their own favorite franchise and to insult the sanity and the sexual preference of anyone who thinks not as they do, and a new growing faction of Bungie fanboys who were convinced since the announcement of the inception of 343 Industries that the Halo franchise is forever ruined and that for any group of people to take up the mantle of Halo development is blasphemousalthough the irony is that there are Im sure, some people involved with 343 that were originally a part of Bungie. I think that the reviews for the most part will be fairly high, with the Halo fanboys complaining about a .5 discrepancy with what they think the scores should be. I think that on Metacritic the official review scores will average very high, while fanboy backlash will set the player review average very low. And although the ending will probably be some sort of cliffhanger to foreshadow Halo 5 and 6, it wont go too outside the box to piss off the fanbase. Theyll wait for Halo 6 to do that
shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

I'm praying it's good.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#4 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm confident that 343 will do a fine job with Halo 4. They did really well with Halo: CE Anniversary.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

I am reaaally hoping it turns out to be good. Being a long time Halo fan, I am going to buy the game regardless. I'm just hoping it's good, I haven't been too thrilled with what I've heard about it so far.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Venom951
Yeah the game is turning out pretty good at least from the snippets we have seen . Now the thing I still don't like is the fact that they do not have a Beta -_- I know it's not needed probably but still raises the question as to why ? Things I want in : No Bloom (confirmed) - Carbine Rifle -True skill ranking system - Better Forge with more options for building customization and personalization . Things I don't want : - ARMOR LOCK !!!!! - Bloom -Lag REACH is Horrific for this .
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Venom951

I am reaaally hoping it turns out to be good. Being a long time Halo fan, I am going to buy the game regardless. I'm just hoping it's good, I haven't been too thrilled with what I've heard about it so far.

MikeMoose
I don't like Spartan Points (Sounds too Childish ) , Also Spartan OPs replacing Firefight why not have both like Gears Of Wars Beast Mode .
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

idk. but has a halo fan. i will try it. i was little disappointed with reach with the crap they added like abilities loadouts ect. \

basically it's not looking very promising to me. but i give halo one more change. IDK i like halo i played it for nearly 10 years without playing other games that much

custom loadouts = to me halo has been that everyone starts out the same. I can live with this easy BUT rest crap is on other level

ability= na disliked it much. i could only play 1-2 game till i was done with it in reach. once that classic mode hit i could play more matches because that crap wasn't in it.

random weapon spawns= like really? ya should we even call the game halo at this point? just call it master chief...

remove of fire fight for a side co-op story or something= Well you don't remove something that is fun. you add on.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I'l wait for the reception it gets and see what everyone saying first.
Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts
I'll buy it day one. Looking forward to some serious couch coop with the hubby. We were dating when I admitted to him I was serious gamer (even belonged to a clan at the time). We picked up the first Halo and had a blast! Played the Anniversary edition when it came out and couldn't believe it had been 10 years since began! To us it's more than a game series and more of a wonderful collection of memorable gaming moments! Man, I saved his ass a lot!! ;)
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Not sure what to think. Going to wait for reviews.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Venom951
Im curious to see how Halo will Evolve into the Next gen . To be fair i am liking the Art Style of Halo 4 the lighting a texture are really great looking . One complaint will be the grunt it looks like a Locust from Gears
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Not even going to buy it.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
not sure.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
second most awaiting FPS for me looks fantastic day one purhase first its bioshock infinite
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I couldn't be more excited for it. 343 looks like they're really doing a good job of sticking to the Halo universe while adding a new mix to the fun. I can't waaaaait.

NeoDeaf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NeoDeaf03
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I wish they'd keep the firefight, while having new mode called Spartans ops. That'd make it load of fun!
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Probably gonna pass on it until it's cheaper.
leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

i love everything except instant respawning and the weapon custamization

and the elites, i think they should put them in there.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Honestly, I think the game will be fantastic. In fact I'm not even worried about it.

What I AM worried about, is them ruinning the lore of the series.. but I have faith that what I've heard I just took wrong. The whole "new threat" thing.

Avatar image for MaxPayneKillers
MaxPayneKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MaxPayneKillers
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
There's a heavy emphasis on multiplayer, but 343 is tight-lipped about the single player. I'm not worried in the least to be honest because in my opinion the franchise died with 3. I'm actually hoping that 343 either breaths new life into Halo and restores it to it's former glory, or kills it entirely so we won't have to see it rear it's ugly head anymore. Just saying.
JaySolus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JaySolus
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Just hoping the campaign is awesome.
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Venom951

i love everything except instant respawning and the weapon custamization

and the elites, i think they should put them in there.

leathaltaco
The Elites are in the game just not the Multiplayer .
The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
Looking forward to this game. Maybe Halo needed to be shaken up a bit but until we play the game (Still a bit upset over no beta) we will know if what they added/took out was a good decision.