What's the update for?

#1 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

Is it just me or has anyone else getting updates galore recently?

I've had 3 in the last 3 days while I was playing which is annoying, but these updates don't even tell you what its updating or changing.

Anyone know what they were for?

#2 Edited by sealionact (3208 posts) -

@i_p_daily: For the console? Haven't had one in a while... Never had 3 in 3 days.

#3 Posted by brimmul777 (3877 posts) -

@i_p_daily: I live in Canada and I didn't have any updates on my Xbox One for a while. Surprisingly you had 3 in 3 days??????? Very strange????

#4 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17909 posts) -

@i_p_daily: No updates here mate. You must be in the preview program.

#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: No updates here mate. You must be in the preview program.

Yeah i'm in the preview program, so I kinda expect one every month, but 3 in 3 days, and no idea what they're for. That's the annoying part, at least detail what the updates are doing while its loading them would be helpful.

#6 Edited by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@i_p_daily: For the console? Haven't had one in a while... Never had 3 in 3 days.

@brimmul777 said:

@i_p_daily: I live in Canada and I didn't have any updates on my Xbox One for a while. Surprisingly you had 3 in 3 days??????? Very strange????

I'm sure its because i'm in the preview program, just wish they would detail what's in these updates.

#7 Posted by Alucard_Prime (9867 posts) -

Might be related to this

#8 Edited by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: makes sense for an update, not sure about 3 though lol.

#9 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

Got another one today, that makes 4 in one week, and strangely enough all of these "updates" are 378MB hmmmm.

#10 Posted by qx0d (132 posts) -

Just be glad for the updates. Updates can fix bugs and add new features to software. You always want the newest update, they improve the software.

#11 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@qx0d said:

Just be glad for the updates. Updates can fix bugs and add new features to software. You always want the newest update, they improve the software.

They also create bugs with the UI too, so its not all good.

#12 Edited by robert_sparkes (1735 posts) -

How can an update make your console perform worse. I'm missing over 200 achievements score that haven't pooped up in notifications. It's a shambles this generation better off going back to the og blade system.

#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

How can an update make your console perform worse. I'm missing over 200 achievements score that haven't pooped up in notifications. It's a shambles this generation better off going back to the og blade system.

Not sure if you're a member of trueachievements, but those guys know everything when it comes to achievements and what to do when your GS goes missing. You should checkout the site.

#14 Posted by sukraj (27808 posts) -

haven't had any updates as of late

#15 Posted by robert_sparkes (1735 posts) -

I'll definitely check out trueachievements they are showing on the Xbox phone app but not on the system.

#16 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

Another update last night, while I was putting FH4 on the console. This is comical.