What's the update for?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#1 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

Is it just me or has anyone else getting updates galore recently?

I've had 3 in the last 3 days while I was playing which is annoying, but these updates don't even tell you what its updating or changing.

Anyone know what they were for?

Avatar image for sealionact
#2 Edited by sealionact (3208 posts) -

@i_p_daily: For the console? Haven't had one in a while... Never had 3 in 3 days.

Avatar image for brimmul777
#3 Posted by brimmul777 (3877 posts) -

@i_p_daily: I live in Canada and I didn't have any updates on my Xbox One for a while. Surprisingly you had 3 in 3 days??????? Very strange????

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#4 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17909 posts) -

@i_p_daily: No updates here mate. You must be in the preview program.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: No updates here mate. You must be in the preview program.

Yeah i'm in the preview program, so I kinda expect one every month, but 3 in 3 days, and no idea what they're for. That's the annoying part, at least detail what the updates are doing while its loading them would be helpful.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#6 Edited by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@i_p_daily: For the console? Haven't had one in a while... Never had 3 in 3 days.

@brimmul777 said:

@i_p_daily: I live in Canada and I didn't have any updates on my Xbox One for a while. Surprisingly you had 3 in 3 days??????? Very strange????

I'm sure its because i'm in the preview program, just wish they would detail what's in these updates.

Avatar image for Alucard_Prime
#7 Posted by Alucard_Prime (9867 posts) -

Might be related to this

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#8 Edited by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: makes sense for an update, not sure about 3 though lol.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#9 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

Got another one today, that makes 4 in one week, and strangely enough all of these "updates" are 378MB hmmmm.

Avatar image for qx0d
#10 Posted by qx0d (132 posts) -

Just be glad for the updates. Updates can fix bugs and add new features to software. You always want the newest update, they improve the software.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#11 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@qx0d said:

Just be glad for the updates. Updates can fix bugs and add new features to software. You always want the newest update, they improve the software.

They also create bugs with the UI too, so its not all good.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#12 Edited by robert_sparkes (1735 posts) -

How can an update make your console perform worse. I'm missing over 200 achievements score that haven't pooped up in notifications. It's a shambles this generation better off going back to the og blade system.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

How can an update make your console perform worse. I'm missing over 200 achievements score that haven't pooped up in notifications. It's a shambles this generation better off going back to the og blade system.

Not sure if you're a member of trueachievements, but those guys know everything when it comes to achievements and what to do when your GS goes missing. You should checkout the site.

Avatar image for sukraj
#14 Posted by sukraj (27808 posts) -

haven't had any updates as of late

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#15 Posted by robert_sparkes (1735 posts) -

I'll definitely check out trueachievements they are showing on the Xbox phone app but not on the system.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#16 Posted by I_P_Daily (9461 posts) -

Another update last night, while I was putting FH4 on the console. This is comical.