GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I'm looking for a good XONE external HDD because I have completely run out of space, I'm interested in this one:

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=31762&cPath=173&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed&gclid=CKSZ2frN7sgCFQGZvAodlTgNsg&gclsrc=aw.ds#googlebase

Also I'm not very sure how this works, Can I install all my games like Halo 5, MCC, CODs as well as my gamer profile? I want it to be like the X360 harddrive where if you take the HDD away no one can access your profile, the reason being is I'm going to share my XONE so the 360 HDD's functionality is essential. Thanks in advance.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Never done it, but you have the Require Profile Download on the 360. Presuming the same for the One. What you would want would be a multi profile option, not sure if that exsists though. Sure someone around here could help, if not try through the Xbox.com portal.

WD are good drives and usually mechanically sound. Maybe look towards a Raptor or Velociraptor. Insanely quick for a non SSD.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I use the HGST Touro S 7200RPM 1TB hard drive, which works great. It definitely loads games faster than the standard drive being a 7200RPM drive too.

And I don't know about installing your profile on it but you can set the external HD as your primary drive, and store all of your games on it... so if you take away the HD, the games won't be accessible (as long as you delete them from the internal drive).

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

I got a 2TB WD My Passport. Works very well. Under 100 bucks.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Got me a 5TB Seagate for just over a hundred bucks, couldn't be happier.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

If you want a external hard drive that will load faster than the internal hard drive the xbox one comes with look for a 7200RPM hard drive, there aren't many and even fewer larger than 1TB that cost under $200 but if 1 TB is enough for you that's the way to go for about $60 - $80.

pathofneo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By pathofneo99
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

Does it matter if it has a power source or not? These passports from western digital sound nice but will they load games any slower due to not plugging in the wall or is that just my imagination? In other words is there any benefit going with a 7200rpm drive that i can connect ac.

I'd also like to know if there will be a speed difference between using something like that Touro S 7200rpm external vs the new Elite console with the hybrid state drive? I will only have a few games installed at a time and want to make the best of it. I haven't yet bought an Xbox One so I can wait it out for the Elite. I'm thinking that's the case because I've been using a solid state drive on my PC for years now it seems and I'm spoiled by INSTANT loading times. Not seconds but NOW!! I think either option on console won't give me that..but whats the lesser of the evils?

harrygooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 harrygooch
Member since 2015 • 282 Posts

The elite consoles have a HYBRID ssd, its not a real full ssd. And they say the games load only 20% faster from the instant on mode. Dont expect to get the NOW wow factor from you ssd in your pc. With the elite you really are just getting the elite controller wvich everyone seems to be going gaga over. I personally dont think its such a big deal.

If it were me I would just get a regular 1tb xbox one console that comes bundled with a free game or 2. Black friday will most likely have deals, though I lile the fallout 4 bundle out now. That way you can spend thanksgiving weekend actually playing your console rather than digging for a deal to save maybe $25. The 1tb consoles also come with the updated controllers with the universal headphone jacks. I use my iphone headphones, they work great.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

@pathofneo99: This is quite a late reply lol but the My Passport hard drives do not have an external power source (only the USB cable) but they work great. I haven't noticed any slowdowns at all. It's quite small too and I like that it doesn't take up much space next to the Xbox.