What type of games do you collect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guitarsmash09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 guitarsmash09
Member since 2012 • 145 Posts

I will divide it into 2 choices you choose

1. Popular Games or Under the Radar Games?

2. What type of genres?

Also, what games?

I myself collect mostly under the radar games such as Devil May Cry HD Collection, Silent Hill Downpour, Jet Set radio, etc. They really need more buys :l

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
I have a strict no RPG Policy (seriously I realy hate RPG's). I like casual games but i definately wont pay full price for them. And i totaly went all out to get Gears Of War and Resident Evil 5&6. Basicly any game that takes skill and practice is my nichè.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

shooters

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

I tend to be drawn towards games that haven't got much attention but are nevertheless highly regarded. I suppose a part of me feels sorry for the developer for getting ignored and another part intrigued by what an unrestricted team can do without a major publisher breathing down their necks and forcing them to stuff in mechanics and multi-player modes where they're not wanted or needed.

Shadows of the Damned released with little to no fanfare(even though it was actually published by EA), despite it being a really, really excellent title. Anyone who likes Quentin Tarentino, or B-movies should give that a shot.

Obviously, high-profile games interest me too, like Halo 4, but markedly less so these days. I get a weird feeling that all these big-name games are slowly beginning to feel exactly alike, even if they operate in totally different genres. Just the vibe I get off them or something. They generally always comprise of the same base elements, even if the paintjob is different (oftentimes, even that is remarkably similar to something else.)

Frankly, I'm a little bored of that, fatigued even, which is why I stray towards games that dare to be different and can give me fresh experiences. Not games that rebox the same code from last year, and then trick me into thinking I'm having fun with nasty, compulsion-heavy gameplay (how many people would play CoD if the leveling up and killstreaks weren't there?).

If you want unique, new experiences with real thought and passion, seek out games on the indie space, even XBLA. That's where the true talent lies these days.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i like RPG's, racing and sports games mostly
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I play and collect whatever games interest me, whether that means mainstream chart titles or lesser known indie games. As for genres, I like RPGs, shooters, and action/adventure games the most.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I collect good games.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I play and buy games for every genre and platform that I have. I don't usually get sports or racing games though.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I have a bunch of different kinds of games.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

Mainly racing games of all types ( off road, arcade, Sim, bikes etc )

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I own; Alien Vs Predator Borderlands Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Condemned: Criminal Origins Crysis Crysis 2 Dead Space Doom 3: BFG Edition The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Fallout 3 Halo 4 Halo: Reach Rainbow Six: Vegas I guess you could say first person action.
NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

im a big collector and i have a huge mix,

i have a mix of both 'popular games' and ones that slip under most peoples radar and i usually like to keep my collection around 100 titles (thats all my shelves have space for and the wife gets pretty pissed if i start overflowing into other parts of the house, lol)

i love a good singelplayer experience, doesnt really matter what genre the game is, if its a quality game i will give it a go and hopefully enjoy it

if i have friends online (i usually only play online with real friends) then i will usually jump into a either a shooter or a racing game with them, either co-op or competitive multiplayer depending on the game and how we are feeling

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Well... Uhhh.. I pretty much collect all kinds of games, they just have to be good. I pretty much get all the big name titles as well as I love collecting the obscure titles as well.

RyanCook52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RyanCook52
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
My favorite games are RPG's and first/third person shooters.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
JRPGS WRPGS fps third person shooters racing platforms sports action adventure fighting games open world games
JSambus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JSambus
I love going back and playing retro/retro style games like sega rally, but of any genre. I also like playing the games that don't get very much press(avatar is a great game).
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Whatever interests me! :P But do you mean when games are coming out? If two games are coming out at once, it all just depends on whatever I am in the mood to play the most. Whether it is a HD Collection or a new game that is probably more expensive, it doesn't matter. I just have to be in the mood for whatever game. As for genre, I guess you could say action or adventure, but only because those are the games that mostly come out.
NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Anything. Seriously, give me a game I've never played and I will give it some of my time.

tyguy9402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tyguy9402
I used to collect every PS1 game I could, so at one point I had about 150 PS1 games, and I also collected PS2 so I had about 100 of that, but with other systems such as the 360 I tend to just get the ones that are considered some of the best.
Avatar image for strategik_basic
strategik_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 strategik_basic
Member since 2002 • 364 Posts

Minus racing games, GTA type games, and FPS games (Bioshock games are the exception), every other genre is fair game as far as just breaking it down to the genre level.

TheLoneMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 TheLoneMortal
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

I try out most games that I hear good things about, popular or otherwise. Not big on sports and racing games anymore.

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

guitarsmash09 says no to RPG games but what about the Mass Effect games? You gonna say no to that?

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#24 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I collect games I enjoy. No specific genre or anything.. just whatever I want.