What should I get as a first game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

okay so I am getting an Xbox 360 on friday, and I am trying to decide what game to buy first. Now, I have the following games either on PC or PS3 already:

Mass Effect, Bioshock, Gears of War, Overlord, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Battlefield: Bad Company, Condemned 2, Burnout Paradise, Grand Theft Auto IV, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden Black, and LotR: BFME2

I might have more, but I just might be forgetting them. I need whatever game I get to last a long time. Also, if I get the game used, I can get an Xbox game with it (because Xbox games used are wicked cheap) so I was thinking whatever I get I will get Fable with it. Anyway, go ahead and recommend me some games, but for the love of all that is holy, do not recommend Halo, or I will find you.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Maybe NG2. Not that it's a huge change from Black, but it's just another good game in the series.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian
I heard that game was pretty short, and I need whatever game to last me a pretty long time. I need it to last me about two and a half weeks at least, though I would like it to last longer. So either a really really long game, or one I will want to play over and over...or one with MP.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

u have all the best RPGs from what i can see so

FPS-Halo 3
Racing-Forza 2
Sports-NBA 2K9 or Madden 09 (coming soon)

and there are also tonnes of great games coming soon Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, APB etc

TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
Gears of War, Mass Effect, GTA IV, or Oblivion would be my suggestions.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
GTA IV or CoD 4
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaoscougar1
in all curiosity can u two ^^^ read anything but the topic sentence?
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Essian
dangit chaos...now I have to come find you. I told you not to recommend Halo! Anyway, I listed the games I have, and you guys pretty much repeated them...I was thinking maybe Lost Odyssey...or maybe Dead Rising? There have got to be some good games out there that I will want to play for a long time!
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 CharlyMurphy
Member since 2007 • 461 Posts
Dead rising is sick if you like zombie games. Lost oddysey is probably the best Time consuming game ever
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
You own most of the best games already. But i'd say grab the Orange Box. Great Value and should last you a while. Are you into RPG's though, i'm talking JRPG's. You have the 2 best Western RPG's already. If you do then i'd suggest Lost Oddysey and Eternal Sonata.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaoscougar1

dangit chaos...now I have to come find you. I told you not to recommend Halo! Anyway, I listed the games I have, and you guys pretty much repeated them...I was thinking maybe Lost Odyssey...or maybe Dead Rising? There have got to be some good games out there that I will want to play for a long time!Essian

i know what u said, but uve alrdy got the other best shooters, cod4, battlefield and gears, i couldnt suggest just a racing and a sports game :P

COD4_Shinedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 COD4_Shinedown
Member since 2008 • 5673 Posts
Forza 2, or Viva Pinata.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

The Orange Box is a good choice and Gears of War

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chaoscougar1

The Orange Box is a good choice and Gears of War

gta4_2112

:|

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Essian

[QUOTE="Essian"]dangit chaos...now I have to come find you. I told you not to recommend Halo! Anyway, I listed the games I have, and you guys pretty much repeated them...I was thinking maybe Lost Odyssey...or maybe Dead Rising? There have got to be some good games out there that I will want to play for a long time!chaoscougar1

i know what u said, but uve alrdy got the other best shooters, cod4, battlefield and gears, i couldnt suggest just a racing and a sports game :P

just playing Chaos. Anyway, I think right now it is just between Lost Odyssey and Dead Rising. Although, what is Eternal Sonata? Since the name of that game vaguely reminds me of Viva Pinata, I avoided it like the plague, but what is it really?

CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CharlyMurphy
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="Essian"]dangit chaos...now I have to come find you. I told you not to recommend Halo! Anyway, I listed the games I have, and you guys pretty much repeated them...I was thinking maybe Lost Odyssey...or maybe Dead Rising? There have got to be some good games out there that I will want to play for a long time!Essian

just playing Chaos. Anyway, I think right now it is just between Lost Odyssey and Dead Rising. Although, what is Eternal Sonata? Since the name of that game vaguely reminds me of Viva Pinata, I avoided it like the plague, but what is it really?

if you want a game to last long. RPG"s are the way to go

Lost Oddysey

Mass Effect

Eternal Sonata

Blue Dragon .. just to name a few there all probably dirt cheap now

TheRevanent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheRevanent
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts

dangit chaos...now I have to come find you. I told you not to recommend Halo! Anyway, I listed the games I have, and you guys pretty much repeated them...I was thinking maybe Lost Odyssey...or maybe Dead Rising? There have got to be some good games out there that I will want to play for a long time!Essian

oh sorry dude i thought you said those were the ones you want. well if you have all those already then idk man.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="Essian"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

[QUOTE="Essian"]dangit chaos...now I have to come find you. I told you not to recommend Halo! Anyway, I listed the games I have, and you guys pretty much repeated them...I was thinking maybe Lost Odyssey...or maybe Dead Rising? There have got to be some good games out there that I will want to play for a long time!CharlyMurphy

if you want a game to last long. RPG"s are the way to go

Lost Oddysey

Mass Effect

Eternal Sonata

Blue Dragon .. just to name a few there all probably dirt cheap now

in terms of SP, for sure u cant really beat RPGs for longevity (and maybe some action/adventure games). but some short SP games can have MP that will keep u happy for months

imdawiinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imdawiinner
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts
I cant believe its only been reccomended once but Orange Box. I dont have live ( i know its a sin) so i dont know what Team Fortress is like, but im Addicted to Half Life now and Portal was extremely entertaining the first time through ( i reccomend playing it straight through from start to finish in one sitting, preferably later at night so that when you actually escape the testing area it seems so much creepier than it actually is =)!!!). So yeah, 5 games for the price of one, id say its good first games.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

no no no no no!!! dont get Dead Rising, rather go with Lost Odyssey than Dead Rising. But Eternal Sonota is a whole lot better then Lost Odyssey.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chaoscougar1

I cant believe its only been reccomended once but Orange Box. I dont have live ( i know its a sin) so i dont know what Team Fortress is like, but im Addicted to Half Life now and Portal was extremely entertaining the first time through ( i reccomend playing it straight through from start to finish in one sitting, preferably later at night so that when you actually escape the testing area it seems so much creepier than it actually is =)!!!). So yeah, 5 games for the price of one, id say its good first games.imdawiinner

i love portal, never bought the orange box, but now im extremely happy cause portal is coming as a stand alone arcade game with the complete SP game with extra challenges

mhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mhitman
Member since 2006 • 3836 Posts

RPG- Oblivion

FPS- Bioshock

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Essian
I hate to tell you, but I have Orange Box for PC... I just forgot to list it...anyway I heard that Lost Odyssey trumped Blue Dragon so I figured I would get Lost Odyssey, but is Blue Dragon actually good?
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CharlyMurphy

I hate to tell you, but I have Orange Box for PC... I just forgot to list it...anyway I heard that Lost Odyssey trumped Blue Dragon so I figured I would get Lost Odyssey, but is Blue Dragon actually good?Essian

Do you have live? download the demo. see if you like it i did. but i just like every RPG. but i dont think anything came close to Perfection Than Lost Oddysey so far for a complete RPG on the 360 other than oblivion

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="Essian"]I hate to tell you, but I have Orange Box for PC... I just forgot to list it...anyway I heard that Lost Odyssey trumped Blue Dragon so I figured I would get Lost Odyssey, but is Blue Dragon actually good?CharlyMurphy

Do you have live? download the demo. see if you like it i did. but i just like every RPG. but i dont think anything came close to Perfection Than Lost Oddysey so far for a complete RPG on the 360 other than oblivion

yeh, demos are your friend for sure

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Essian
I'm actually not getting the 360 until friday, so I dont have live yet, but I will get it with the 360 obviously. I think Lost Odyssey will be the game I get first.
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CharlyMurphy

I'm actually not getting the 360 until friday, so I dont have live yet, but I will get it with the 360 obviously. I think Lost Odyssey will be the game I get first.Essian

Oh yeah and lost oddesey is long... try 4 discs long

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

I hate to tell you, but I have Orange Box for PC... I just forgot to list it...anyway I heard that Lost Odyssey trumped Blue Dragon so I figured I would get Lost Odyssey, but is Blue Dragon actually good?Essian

LO is way better. And a Jaw-Dropping story to boot

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Essian

awesome! Although I heard that it has some really annoying nonbattle elements in it, is that true?

CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CharlyMurphy

awesome! Although I heard that it has some really annoying nonbattle elements in it, is that true?

Essian

Not at all. but be weary this is a deep game. The cutscenes will make you forget your playing a video game its like a feature lenth movie

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Essian
sounds awesome to me man!
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Im thinking of getting Kameo, Dead Rising, or Crack down when I first get my 360 in a couple days. All of them are dirt cheap at gamestop.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Essian
wait is Crackdown an XBLA game or a hard disc game? I thought it was XBLA, but if not then maybe I will consider that.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
It's a hard disc.
drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts

You own most of the best games already. But i'd say grab the Orange Box. Great Value and should last you a while. Are you into RPG's though, i'm talking JRPG's. You have the 2 best Western RPG's already. If you do then i'd suggest Lost Oddysey and Eternal Sonata.vendettared468

definetly

jbf948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jbf948
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
I had a lot of fun with Crackdown. Give it about 10-12 hours before it starts to get OLD. LO and Eternal Sonata probably are more next gen in the graphics dept. and will LAST. Orange Box is a good value to boot.
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

Im thinking of getting Kameo, Dead Rising, or Crack down when I first get my 360 in a couple days. All of them are dirt cheap at gamestop.Minishdriveby

Kameo is really good if you like platformers, also its the best looking game out this gen imo! LO is sweet fi your down with a FF like game, Crackdown was fun but get a friend and its super fun, Dead Rising was awesome, but its a hit or miss with people.

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts
Halo 3, Forza 2, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, or Lost Odyssey (IMO, this is really a AA game).
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
I cant believe its only been reccomended once but Orange Box. I dont have live ( i know its a sin) so i dont know what Team Fortress is like, but im Addicted to Half Life now and Portal was extremely entertaining the first time through ( i reccomend playing it straight through from start to finish in one sitting, preferably later at night so that when you actually escape the testing area it seems so much creepier than it actually is =)!!!). So yeah, 5 games for the price of one, id say its good first games.imdawiinner
might as well get it for his pc though if its upto spec be alot cheaper than the console versions
Lord_Syll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lord_Syll
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts

The Most helpful list ..... its in no particular order...

Civilization Revolution

Rock Band or Guitar Heroes (i hated music games b4 but i tried it out and i can honestly say its entertaining)

Fight Night Round 3

Ghost Recon/ 1 or 2

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

(any Ubisoft game, all ubisoft games have gotten higher reviews on the 360, it just runs better)

Need for Speed/ Most Wanted or Carbon

Hitman: Blood Money

The Godfather (only if ur into the movies)

Condemned THE FIRST ONE (i said u had part2 and i think personally like 1 better, plus its dirt cheap)

Lost Odyssey

Conan (it has a God of War kinda feel to it, its nothing like it but theres no other game to compare to)

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
halo 3 is a good game if not played it before. very balanced multiplayer game. if u play lone wolves after ur rank starts to get close to ur actual skill u will notice everyones always on nearly the same score just before the end. making it a very even online fighter. if ur poor at it then u stay on the poor ranks and play people of same skill. so unless u totally suck u wont feel like ur playing the people who dominate u all the time like alot of online games the campains alright as well but mp is the main part of the game lost oddessy is good too, deffos worth getting., Ninja G 2 is good,. never found it short, its quite hard at times if u liked the first one then its worth getting definetally
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

Welcome to the forums!!!! Also congrats on getting a 360.

In the future whenever you are looking for game recommendations check out the 360 Game Recommendation sticky. There is a lot of helpful information throughout the whole sticky.