what platformer should be xbox 360s mascot? or should they create a new one? hmm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Baker04
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

who do u guys think should be the xbox mascot/face of the franchise and i dont mean halo or gears of war i mean a game that isnt rated m at all and a game that appeals to children all the way to adults and is a good welcoming mascot(similar to mario,sonic,what crash used to be,or sony's sack boy) that wont scare ppl away or for example if a kid sees that commercial for this mascot he'll be able to say hey i want that and be able to ask his mom for it and she wont see blood spilling every where with big guns and she'll be able to feel comfortable getting the game for him/her.

personally i dont think banjo would fit because for one hes second party and two he used to be on a different console and when ppl say banjo kazooie i think n64 not xbox360 so id like to see a new,original in-house creation an all-out answer to little big planet i want a great platformer with a brand new character a character that could be well associated with the 360 similar to sonic with sega mario with nintendo crash with psone bonk with turbo grafx. Microsoft did try to create a mascot sorta with blinx but that didnt work out and unless they change the way that entire space & time traveling thing works i dont see blinx coming back or him as the face of the franchise.

but if they come up with an ORIGINAL game that they take their time with that can revive platformers i think that my whole opinion on 360 would change and i would possibly jump ship. but personally i dont have an exact name or anything but i think that they should make up a new ORIGINAL character that can be the face of 360 a character worthy of spin-offs like racing party games,and possibly fighting game spin-offs (master chief wouldnt fit into that category) because its not too late to get a mascot remember sonic didnt debut until genesis,sega's second console.

Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mr_Baker04

i was thinking maybe they could actually make a 3-d version of braid and mascot that game idk i know the 2-d one was hot

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Whoa, please format your posts so they don't appear as huge blocks of text. I don't think there is any need for mascots for a system anymore. Since games are catering to a much broader audience than they were in the 80s-90s, there is no need for a cutesy/edgy little guy to get kids ramped up for a system or a game.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Master chief was in a fighting game. Also i don't really care about mascots if they made a great game sure it'll be fun but really what's the point? If they do create a cool mascot it'll just be overused and put in tons of casual games. I'll grow tired of the mascot pretty quickly more than likely.
Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Baker04
please games are not reaching a broad audience. they are reaching the mature and sure shoot em ups are great FPS are great but it gets repetative and there is a need for a mascot to get a system on the map (what would a console be without its exclusives?) look u wouldnt understand because ur either 16 n could care less or ur too old n dont understand the importance of a mascot.
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Whoa, please format your posts so they don't appear as huge blocks of text. I don't think there is any need for mascots for a system anymore. Since games are catering to a much broader audience than they were in the 80s-90s, there is no need for a cutesy/edgy little guy to get kids ramped up for a system or a game.spazzx625

That looks like a paragraph to me. Dont see anything wrong with it.

Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Baker04
thank u lol i thought so too but since ppl cannot read i changed it so that everyone can read even the ones who have troubles reading "blocks of texts" haha
Mike-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Mike-uk
Member since 2008 • 2088 Posts

Personally i think Bill Gates should be the mascot for the Xbox 360.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Whoa, please format your posts so they don't appear as huge blocks of text. I don't think there is any need for mascots for a system anymore. Since games are catering to a much broader audience than they were in the 80s-90s, there is no need for a cutesy/edgy little guy to get kids ramped up for a system or a game.deadbeat2381

That looks like a paragraph to me. Dont see anything wrong with it.

i couldn't be bothered to read it because of how poorly formatted it was.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Whats wrong with Blinx?
AlwaysHaveHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 AlwaysHaveHope
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

Personally i think Bill Gates should be the mascot for the Xbox 360.

Mike-uk
i second that
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
well didnt they try to get blinx the time keeper on xbox 1. i remember reading somethin about it in xbox magazine that it was supose to be the mario of xbox. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/159/blinx-the-time-sweeper.227231.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.testfreaks.com/xbox-games/blinx-the-time-sweeper/&usg=__RAIpxAfBCp09YdWzp_P1l8TJQOc=&h=400&w=296&sz=92&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=1dH03iPCdyR06M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=92&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dblinx%2Bthe%2Btime%2Bcat%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
Avatar image for im-a-roustabout
im-a-roustabout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 im-a-roustabout
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
They should just make a platformer with Master Cheif in it, and make him the mascot for X-box. Problem solved. No matter what you want it to be, more people prolly associate Master Chief with 360 than any other character.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#15 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts
I think it only makes sense to go with the hottest exclusive franchise....Geow.:)
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Master chief was in a fighting game. Also i don't really care about mascots if they made a great game sure it'll be fun but really what's the point? If they do create a cool mascot it'll just be overused and put in tons of casual games. I'll grow tired of the mascot pretty quickly more than likely.craigalan23
Are you talking about Dead or Alive 4? That isn't Master Chief. Her name is Nicole. As for a mascot? I would say Banjo or Rare could come up with something for MS, but I really don't think they care for a mascot.
BadBoy_Lo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BadBoy_Lo
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_Baker04"]

who do u guys think should be the xbox mascot/face of the franchise and i dont mean halo or gears of war i mean a game that isnt rated m at all and a game that appeals to children all the way to adults and is a good welcoming mascot(similar to mario,sonic,what crash used to be,or sony's sack boy) that wont scare ppl away or for example if a kid sees that commercial for this mascot he'll be able to say hey i want that and be able to ask his mom for it and she wont see blood spilling every where with big guns and she'll be able to feel comfortable getting the game for him/her.

personally i dont think banjo would fit because for one hes second party and two he used to be on a different console and when ppl say banjo kazooie i think n64 not xbox360 so id like to see a new,original in-house creation an all-out answer to little big planet i want a great platformer with a brand new character a character that could be well associated with the 360 similar to sonic with sega mario with nintendo crash with psone bonk with turbo grafx. Microsoft did try to create a mascot sorta with blinx but that didnt work out and unless they change the way that entire space & time traveling thing works i dont see blinx coming back or him as the face of the franchise.

but if they come up with an ORIGINAL game that they take their time with that can revive platformers i think that my whole opinion on 360 would change and i would possibly jump ship. but personally i dont have an exact name or anything but i think that they should make up a new ORIGINAL character that can be the face of 360 a character worthy of spin-offs like racing party games,and possibly fighting game spin-offs (master chief wouldnt fit into that category) because its not too late to get a mascot remember sonic didnt debut until genesis,sega's second console.

why are you yelling at me
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spazzx625
Mr_Baker04...You need to take criticism better. I can hold whatever viewpoint I want, forums aren't meant for only people agreeing with one another, I don't think that mascots are necessary and I have been gaming for over 20 years. That is my opinion, there is no need to get nasty when other people disagree with you. I have also re-edited your original post since you decided to make the font huge. There is a different between proper punctuation and just making your post obnoxiously large.
Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr_Baker04

Master chief was in a fighting game. Also i don't really care about mascots if they made a great game sure it'll be fun but really what's the point? If they do create a cool mascot it'll just be overused and put in tons of casual games. I'll grow tired of the mascot pretty quickly more than likely.craigalan23

i understand but what i am saying is i want to have a 360 mascot icon for the kids to see now just like when i was 10 or 11 loving to play crash and mario 64 i would luv for 360 to have a mascot like that i understand its no longer the 90s but thats just something that i want to see happen i want a mascot platformer or jus a plain ol great fun epic adventure game. IF U DONT WANT A MASCOT DO NOT POST!!!!!!!! If i wanted to hear u guys bash platformers and say they are too old i wouldve put said "say wether u want a 360 mascot or not" however i did not so ONLY POST IF U HAVE IDEAS AND WISHES OF A 360 MASCOT!!!!

Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mr_Baker04
Whats wrong with Blinx?DZBricktop
i agree he should come back if they change him up a lil bit hed be a nice mascot
Mr_Baker04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mr_Baker04
They should just make a platformer with Master Cheif in it, and make him the mascot for X-box. Problem solved. No matter what you want it to be, more people prolly associate Master Chief with 360 than any other character.im-a-roustabout
agreed but master cheif is not for all ages hes only for ages 17+ and i do agree that halo is the first thing that comes to mind when u mention xbox but whose to say that it wont change if a kick ass mascot comes along?
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spazzx625
I'm going to fill you in on some forum etiquette that will help you here in the future... You can create threads, but you cannot dictate who posts in them and why. People are allowed to disagree with you as long as they are respectful about it. I have been respectful and it has not been reciprocated. Making a thread and then telling everyone who disagrees with you is trolling, plain and simple. If you don't want people disagreeing with you, well, good luck. That's life. This is an open forum and you cannot bar people from voicing their opinions as long as they don't break any rules set in place by the Terms of Use. I am locking this because you do not seem to have a handle on the above.