What is the greatest 360 game ever poll?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Walker34
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts
I basically took the top 5 games from averaging out the average critic score and user score from both ign and gamespot and came up with these 5 titles. Halo 3 was next on the list and didn't make the cut. The Orange Box deserved to, but there wasn't any room and I had to cut one game and the orange box got cut due to the lower # of reader reviews because its a remake of sorts i guess. Not really fair but one game had to get cut.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I gotta say Oblivion. It had amazing graphics for its time, real good combat, incredibly deep, great story, interesting characters, and most importantly, its really fun.
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
bioshock baby, followed closely behind by mass effect
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

why no halo 3 on your list....instead you put a completely linear SP that lasts 5 hours max, and consists of MP where all you do is hide and shoot people in the back...i wont even list the game, everyone knows what Im talking about

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

why no halo 3 on your list....instead you put a completely linear SP that lasts 5 hours max, and consists of MP where all you do is hide and shoot people in the back...i wont even list the game, everyone knows what Im talking about

deadbeat2381

CoD4 kills Halo 3 in SP and MP. And I think Halo 3 is a great game.

LordGamer0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 LordGamer0001
Member since 2004 • 8752 Posts

i have to go with oblivion.

deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deadbeat2381
wow how did you guess what i was talking about...i am not fanboy of halo 3, as my xbox live has been expired for a monthnow, but i have played both COD4 on a friends account and Halo 3 on my account and I can say that Halo 3's story is much much better. COD4 is not really a story but fragments of stories and in all is a very short game. I admit it is good but no where on Halo's level, and anyone who has any sense can clearly see why that is. I also think Halo 3 has a much better MP system. Lobby systems suck, and I believe the controls and speed of halo 3 is much more intense...but to each his own. I can recognize why people like COD but I think Halo is a much more tweeked and finished product
JoshChambers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JoshChambers
Member since 2004 • 1646 Posts
COD 4 by a long shot. Although I just got mass effect last night and its pretty sweet so far.
Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Walker34
This poll was completely unbiased. Nothing against halo 3 or Orange Box. Both those games were right there and next on the list, but I basically went by average reader reviews and average critic score from each site. Just shows there are a lot of good games out, but the 5 i chose deserved to be there from the way I did it by average reader opinion and critics. These 5 averaged out to be the best. You can only have 5 poll options. If there were 6 choices, the next game would have been the orange box. the 7th game would have been halo 3. If I could have made this poll myself I would have made it a 7 choice poll with Halo 3 and the Orange Box also there, but there are only 5 options. These 5 averaged out better. Orange Box actually was right there in the average and had the same score. but it got cut because not as many readers reviewed it. Halo 3 was a step below but very close. Every other game was a good step behind. I thik the next closest game was Assasins creed and it was a good step below those 7.
kerplop9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kerplop9
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
Where is Viva Pinata?
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
Gears of war, but all of themare great.
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
Very good list. Gears does it for me since its exclusive (well ME is also, but Gears still beats it)
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deadbeat2381
first off you didnt look to hard for the highest ranked games for xbox 360. Go to gamerankings.com which lists every gaming website and magazine that ranks games, and then comes up with a cumulative score for each game. Number one on their list is the Orange Box which is not on your list. First off you didnt even put the highest ranked game on your list. Sorry but your poll is flawed
Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Walker34
i used the average critic score ranking but i also averaged it with the reader reviews. Orange box has great critic scores but its reader reviews are lower. Orange box was right there with mass effect in my ranking but got cut ebcause not as many readers reviewed it. I already explained that. The top game by my ranking was COD4. NExt was Gears, then bioshock and oblivion were tied. the final spot was between mass effect and the orange box. Halo 3 was a step behind. the only flaw is there are 7 games deserving and only 5 spots. But the top 5 according to the average are the ones who made it. Halo 3 also had very high critic scores but low reader reviews. OB and Halo got cut because of the reader reviews. There is an argument that the orange box should be there instead of mass effect. But I went by the reader reviews because they tied. Mass effect had a higher reader review score average and more people reviewed it. if i went by the critic score it would have been the orange box.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
Mass Effect and Bioshock are equal for me, but I voted for Bioshock.
Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
Out of those options, I'd pick Mass Effect.
jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

Gears/Call of Duty 4 for me!

And your right, Halo3 didnt deserve to be on there, it did nothing innovative. It was exactly like Halo 2 with some new guns

jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

first off you didnt look to hard for the highest ranked games for xbox 360. Go to gamerankings.com which lists every gaming website and magazine that ranks games, and then comes up with a cumulative score for each game. Number one on their list is the Orange Box which is not on your list. First off you didnt even put the highest ranked game on your list. Sorry but your poll is flaweddeadbeat2381

you put "first off" 2 times :lol:

Avatar image for Fenrir_DarkWolf
Fenrir_DarkWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Fenrir_DarkWolf
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

deadbeat2381

ME and Oblivion are at least 20 hours each, unless you rush them... you really need to play games outside of the FPS genre.

Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
You should have dropped CoD4 and Oblivion, they are both great games but they're multiplatform so not only 360 games. But of that list I would say Mass Effect.
Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

And your right, Halo3 didnt deserve to be on there, it did nothing innovative. It was exactly like Halo 2 with some new guns

jchaff

weird..i didnt know halo 2 had map editing and replayable videos. and full stats online and the ability to share pics, vids, and variants with the entire halo community. Halo 3 maybe not the most innovative game, but theres no way anyone can say its exactly the same as halo 2

butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts
replace oblivion with halo 3. But if you wont, then i choose Gears of War :)
dnumba1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dnumba1man
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
[QUOTE="deadbeat2381"]

Nifty_Shark

Cod4 is garbage, the custimization is garbage and the gameplay is worst than COD3, but I have to agree that the single player is better than H3s.

Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
[QUOTE="jchaff"]

Chuman231

weird..i didnt know halo 2 had map editing and replayable videos. and full stats online and the ability to share pics, vids, and variants with the entire halo community. Halo 3 maybe not the most innovative game, but theres no way anyone can say its exactly the same as halo 2

Exactly what I was thinking, and Halo 3 is the first game to offer four player campaign coop online. THe fact is Halo 3 is very innovative as long as people take advantage of its new features.

Avatar image for NorwegianWinter
NorwegianWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NorwegianWinter
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts

first off you didnt look to hard for the highest ranked games for xbox 360. Go to gamerankings.com which lists every gaming website and magazine that ranks games, and then comes up with a cumulative score for each game. Number one on their list is the Orange Box which is not on your list. First off you didnt even put the highest ranked game on your list. Sorry but your poll is flaweddeadbeat2381

Would you quit complaining! Halo 3 had a DECENT campaign, but it was not that good, not at all. Call of Duty 4's single player AND multiplayer blows Halo 3 out of the water. The first Halo was easily the best of them all: it had a good story-line and an adventure aspect to indulge the players need for diversity with every step. Halo 3 was monotonous and repititve, especially the multiplayer, man was the multiplayer horrible. Nothing changed since Halo 2... maybe a couple new modes, and the ability to save and send your gameplay footage and images, but the gameplay is exactly the same, so the new additions really don't count for much. Call of Duty 4 is much more fast paced, and the controls are far more consistent.

And on Call of Duty 4 you only get shot in the back if you run out in the open and expect to get 20 kills, like a fool. This isn't Halo 3 online where everybody runs out in the open and makes themselves easy targets because they have a rocket launcher and think they can manage to kill everybody in the match before they get a round off.

Bottom line is Halo 3 is way overrated.

By the way, I voted for Oblivion, though, I loved Mass Effect and Call of Duty 4 (obviously).

Avatar image for NorwegianWinter
NorwegianWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NorwegianWinter
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
[QUOTE="deadbeat2381"]

Fenrir_DarkWolf

ME and Oblivion are at least 20 hours each, unless you rush them... you really need to play games outside of the FPS genre.

Mass Effect is about 30 hours and Oblivion, depending on how you go about the game, and if you download any extra content, can be more than 100 hours. I'm not too sure how you came up with 20 hours for Oblivion.

Chuman231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Chuman231
Member since 2006 • 1007 Posts

Would you quit complaining! Halo 3 had a DECENT campaign, but it was not that good, not at all. Call of Duty 4's single player AND multiplayer blows Halo 3 out of the water. The first Halo was easily the best of them all: it had a good story-line and an adventure aspect to indulge the players need for diversity with every step. Halo 3 was monotonous and repititve, especially the multiplayer, man was the multiplayer horrible. Nothing changed since Halo 2... maybe a couple new modes, and the ability to save and send your gameplay footage and images, but the gameplay is exactly the same, so the new additions really don't count for much. Call of Duty 4 is much more fast paced, and the controls are far more consistent.

And on Call of Duty 4 you only get shot in the back if you run out in the open and expect to get 20 kills, like a fool. This isn't Halo 3 online where everybody runs out in the open and makes themselves easy targets because they have a rocket launcher and think they can manage to kill everybody in the match before they get a round off.

Bottom line is Halo 3 is way overrated.

By the way, I voted for Oblivion, though, I loved Mass Effect and Call of Duty 4 (obviously).

NorwegianWinter

why does everyone bash halo for not being a tactical shooter? and how can halo be repetative when u can customize all ur maps and game types? i really like both COD4 and Halo 3, but its jsut annoying how everyone compares the 2

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#29 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Mass Effect >>>>>

:)

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
I give it up to Bioshock. Don't get me wrong about Call of Duty 4, its addicting and all but its not that ground breaking. Bioshock isn't either but the story of the game is marvelous.
Xx-CLOUD-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 Xx-CLOUD-xX
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
I basically took the top 5 games from averaging out the average critic score and user score from both ign and gamespot and came up with these 5 titles. Halo 3 was next on the list and didn't make the cut. The Orange Box deserved to, but there wasn't any room and I had to cut one game and the orange box got cut due to the lower # of reader reviews because its a remake of sorts i guess. Not really fair but one game had to get cut.Walker34
xFogeLLx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xFogeLLx
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Gears of War takes it for sure. I have all of those games xcept for bioshock and Gears is by far the best. CoD 4 is hella fun though. I'm glad that orange box isn't on the list.
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

What a hard decision! This ust shows how awesome the 360 has been. The best current gen console so far, based on software. (I have a Wii, but it has fewer AAA titles). As far as this poll, I had to go with Gears, simply because it reinvented a genre that was getting somewhat bland to me. I love all the other on the list too.

Also, I think Halo 3 should be on the poll by default. It has broken records, and is the highest selling game to date. Regardless of what haters say, it was critically acclaimed and is a kiler app for the box.

Maybe a better poll would have been the best 360 exclusive game, which would omit COD4 and Obivion, and bring in Halo 3 and the Orange Box.

canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
Where's Condemned?
Bulldog-mT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bulldog-mT
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
WHO THE HELL SAID MASS EFFECT OR OBLIVION...DO U LIKE PEOPLE TO MAKE FUN OF YOU FOR PLAYING A ROLEplaying games(go get your narlie magic stick and shove it)...bioshock i can get its a sick game...but my vote goes to gears. it has the best MP EVER if you say it doest thats cuz u suck at it...COD4 is very close to gears though.
Halo3_RBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Halo3_RBS
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts

i went with CoD4 i would also go with Mass Effects to but i suck at Oblivion so i hate it man if i could vote twice it would be Mass Effetcs and CoD4

edgeofforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 edgeofforever
Member since 2004 • 349 Posts
[QUOTE="deadbeat2381"]

Nifty_Shark

I completely agree with you.

Anyway, I voted Mass Effect. An amazing roleplaying experience.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
What about Rainbow Six Vegas?
sliker2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sliker2525
Member since 2004 • 157 Posts
Wow how is call of duty 4 higher than Gears of War . Call of Duty 4 on PC maybe , but not on 360. Gears of War has best online shooting graphics for 360 to this date period! ( cod4 is a noob friendly average joe playing game , gears of war takes skill .... too bad its all lagged out on LIVE)
diamond2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 diamond2d
Member since 2007 • 750 Posts
[QUOTE="deadbeat2381"]

Nifty_Shark

I have both, H3 on 360, CoD4 on PS3. I'd rather play Halo3 for MP and CoD for SP ...simple!
Fingerella69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fingerella69er
Member since 2004 • 543 Posts
Gears even though COD4 is a close 2nd and you're missing 2 games The Orange Box, and RSV.... but still Gears gets my vote anyday
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

deadbeat2381
not everyone knows what youre talking bout...Halo 3 wasn't that great.
awia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 awia
Member since 2003 • 164 Posts

you forgot Halo 3.

Im sorry if you dont agree that should be on the list, but seeing as how its considered a System Killer in retail terms (banbang Sony!), and also is a cultural phenomonon, it deserves a spot

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
I would've voted for Halo 3 if it was in here but since it isn't I'm going to have to go with COD4......just coz I'm an FPS fan
quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
CoD4
alayeesquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 alayeesquire
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
Oblivion... hands down.
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Mass Effect
Walker34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Walker34

omg stop with the i forgot halo 3 crap. i didn't forget it. Read the 1st post again. there are only 5 options and this is how they averaged out. gamespot doesnt allow a poll of more than 5. if there were 8 spots, halo 3, the orange box, and rsv all would have been there but they aren't. Ghost recon too. deal with it. if i put halo 3 or rsv or the orange box on there, people wouuld be saying i forgot gears or cod4 or mass effect. you can't please everyone. i did the best i could with gamespots crappy poll system. nothing against those games. I tried to do this poll as fair as I could. Blame gamespot, not me. I honestly think minus halo those games wouldnt have gotten as many votes anyways. halo 3 is super popular and might have.

vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
Mass Effect for me.
joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points