What is the best long-lasting non-RPG/Multiplayer game on 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Ok, I'm short on cash, but planning on getting an Arcade none the less. Anyways, I'm only going to get one game for now, so I want to find one that will last me a while. The catch is, I'm not a fan of RPG games like Oblivon and I don't plan on paying for a Gold membership. Any suggestions?

Commando015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Commando015
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts

Try Bioshock? That is the best one I can think of that fits that description.

CanesFan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CanesFan5
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
What Commando said. Bioshock.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
Bioshock? Ok, sounds good. But what about The Orange Box?
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts

Mass Effect

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I'd also have to say Bioshock. I couldn't really get into Orange Box.

Mass Effect is an RPG.

noobbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#7 noobbreaker
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

I would go with Far Cry 2 it will last your a long time and is a lot of fun to play. If you just play games one time thru it will last you longer than Bioshock and u should be able to get a pretty good deal on it if u look around

Zanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zanitor
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts
BioShock is probably your best bet, but don't get to scared...like me...xD
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I would go with Far Cry 2 it will last your a long time and is a lot of fun to play. If you just play games one time thru it will last you longer than Bioshock and u should be able to get a pretty good deal on it if u look around

noobbreaker

I like the look of Far Cry 2, but everyone says its repetitive. I didn't find Assassins Creed to repetitive though, so I might give it a go. It's gameplay will have to be pretty damn good to out-do Bioshock though.

Commando015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Commando015
Member since 2009 • 325 Posts

noobbreaker

Far Cry 2 seemed to be a blow for me, it really wasn't as awesome as I was expecting it to be. Bioshock is a good 10 hours and can be even longer if you're only the casual gamer. What he is looking for seems to not really be that viable and pretty tough to find. Most FPS type games are fairly short and only the Multiplayer works well. Bioshock was made with no Multiplayer, so I feel that they worked harder on the Single Player and it really shows through that game.

The Orange Box is good, but you'd not be able to play Team Fortress II, I doubt you'd be missing anything there. If you like the Half Life series, then you'd have a fun time with that one. I didn't really enjoy it... but, I'm not you. Portal is also super addictive, but doesn't really last that long and gets annoying after a while with the difficulty.

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

Bioshock doesn't offer anywhere near the content of The Orange Box. You'd be missing out on Team Fortress 2 without Gold, but TF2 is pretty terrible on the 360 anyway since the PC version has gotten a ton of post launch updates and fixes.

The Viva Pinata games last a good while and can suck you right in, but they aren't for everyone. Mass Effect is an RPG, but I still recommend it, its one of the only reasons I keep my 360 around, the characters and story should more than likely make up for any RPG elements you wouldn't care for (plus you can still play it like a third person shooter).

Anyway you put it, you can find all of these games for around $20.

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

Viva Pinata = HAHAHAHAHA

Do you yet own GTA4?

It fits your criteria and takes a long time to beat and even longer to 100% on.

ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

forget bioshock-if its going to be your only game,you'll regret it quick(overrated)

you should get a gold subscription,but if you really cant try saints row 2 over gta 4--gta 4 plays 2 slow

i personally dont like rpgs but i love fallout 3 and fable 2

earth defense force 2017 is the 360's cult classic-only 20 bucks

chicks_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chicks_boy
Member since 2006 • 663 Posts
Everyone likes Bioshock, however, I don't find it interesting... It has its scary moments indeed but I just couldn't get into that game. Try Assassin's Creed.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

forget bioshock-if its going to be your only game,you'll regret it quick(overrated)

you should get a gold subscription,but if you really cant try saints row 2 over gta 4--gta 4 plays 2 slow

ghost2046

Who are you to know what other people will and will not regret buying? Bioshock might turn out to be one of his favorite games ever.

Anyways, I'd recommend GTAIV, definitely. It seems to fit your bill of being long, not needing XboxLive, and not an RPG. People will tell you its overrated, and I tend to agree, but that doesn't mean its not a fun game. It just doesn't quite deserve the 10/10 scores it got from many reviewers. It can easily suck you in for 30+ hours, which you'll be hard pressed to find in any other non-RPG, non-shooter.

Either that, or maybe a sports game, if you like those.

And whoever is laughing at Viva Pinata probably hasn't played it. Itsa fun game, actually.Probably not a game I'd recommend if its going to be your one and only game for right now, but its definitely worth checking out in the future. If you think you're too cool for it, then you're just insecure.

gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

Assassin's Creed and Bioshock are both great SP non-RPG games, but they arent incredibly long. I thought they had good replay though (although most would disagree with me) ive played through both 3 or more times. Also Far Cry 2 is a good FPS and long game. (has multiplayer but not the focus). Prorotype is coming out soon. Don't know about the length, but it still looks promising.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#17 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
The Orange box. You've got four single player campaigns in that package and it's only twenty dollars.
ParisSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ParisSun
Member since 2006 • 918 Posts

I'd say Bioshock, GTA4 and Dead Space.

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

Here's my top 3 based on your description.
1st: Dead Rising
2nd: The Orange Box
3rd: Saints Row 2

Others:
Bioshock (very fun, but it's not very replayable IMO)
Dead Space (same as Bioshock)

Hotwire246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hotwire246
Member since 2004 • 848 Posts
Definately get GTA IV over Saints Row 2 (its just an updated, not as good version of GTA: San Andreas). But yeah, GTA IV or Orange Box are the longest non-RPG games for single player.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

Definately get GTA IV over Saints Row 2 (its just an updated, not as good version of GTA: San Andreas). Hotwire246

Saints Row 2 is a whole different type of game. It's supposed to be more jovial and fun than the GTA series. I would consider if you want serious gameplay and a really in depth story or if you want a bunch of little mini-games and more light hearted fun in your decision between GTA and Saints Row. I would say those two are the best to look at just because they'll give you a whole bunch of content and fun. If you do decide to get on Live eventually, you can get some co-op going or if you want DLC for GTA.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
Bioshock or GTAIV.
faheem_s_i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#23 faheem_s_i
Member since 2006 • 346 Posts
Like so many have said already Bioshock should be right at the top of your list.Dead Space,GTA IV and Resident Evil (which isn't very long but has good replay value) are also good choices.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
saints row 2 is pretty fun orange box is good too. Gears of war 2 lets you play multiplayer with bots and it has a fun campaign other advice would to become a fan of rgs becuz most of them are very replayable and long
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

I know someone suggested it earlier but you should consider Mass Effect because it plays like a shooter (not too far through it so this is just from my experience) but is still an in depth RPG kind of story.

Avatar image for RAMRODtheMASTER
RAMRODtheMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RAMRODtheMASTER
Member since 2009 • 8107 Posts
Bioshock? Ok, sounds good. But what about The Orange Box? Head_of_games
The Orange Box is amazing, five incredible games for less than 20 bucks. It's my suggestion to you to get it.
NineDaysWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NineDaysWonder
Member since 2007 • 357 Posts

I beat Bioshock in a day... its not that long at all..

Long game would be Orange Box or GTA IV

Temujin-Khan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Temujin-Khan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Fallout 3 is probably the best RPG on 360. In my opinion anyway. You can log over a 100 hours on it, not including the DLC.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Out of my library I can say: Bioshock, The Orange Box (about 25 hours total for me :)), GTA IV, Ninja Gaiden II, hmmm, I think that's about it.
uas-2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 uas-2001
Member since 2005 • 18781 Posts
The Orange Box, Mass Effect
ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="ghost2046"]

seankane

Who are you to know what other people will and will not regret buying? Bioshock might turn out to be one of his favorite games ever.

Anyways, I'd recommend GTAIV, definitely. It seems to fit your bill of being long, not needing XboxLive, and not an RPG. People will tell you its overrated, and I tend to agree, but that doesn't mean its not a fun game. It just doesn't quite deserve the 10/10 scores it got from many reviewers. It can easily suck you in for 30+ hours, which you'll be hard pressed to find in any other non-RPG, non-shooter.

Either that, or maybe a sports game, if you like those.

And whoever is laughing at Viva Pinata probably hasn't played it. Itsa fun game, actually.Probably not a game I'd recommend if its going to be your one and only game for right now, but its definitely worth checking out in the future. If you think you're too cool for it, then you're just insecure.

who am i? GOD

i repeat do not get bioshock--its almost an rpg anyway-walking around.room after room looking for audio clips and diaries

and gta 4 is too damn slow-even when your running you'll say wtf-why did they put this out like this?

polarman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 polarman87
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

Bioshock isnt that long though

fear9204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fear9204
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

mass effect is an action/rpg, more shooting than rpg

KA12NAG3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 KA12NAG3
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts

Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 2, or Grand Theft Auto IV.

However, if you are willing to try Fallout 3 (even though it's an RPG) I think you'd be very happy with it. It's an incredible game with great graphics that will last you way longer than any other game on the xbox 360. You definitely won't be disappointed with it if you decide get it. It's one of the best games I've ever played, and has made a lot of RPG haters change their minds.

Steade_Bonnete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Steade_Bonnete
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Bioshock is a great game however it isn't the best long-lasting non-RPG game. You are probably not going to want to replay Bioshock right away, but 6 months to a year afterwards, you are going to see it on your shelf and feel the urge to play it again. The game will take most players about 20 hours to beat and the story is fairly linear. Sure, you can use different plasmids or different tonics but everything will still be the same. The biggest thing that made Bioshock unique was it's storyline, and after your first playthrough, you already know it to it's fullest extent.

I highly recommend Saints Row (I and II) & Crackdown. Both games are a better open-world game than Grand Theft Auto IV.

ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
Get bioshock, just for the amazing atmosphere. If you go around searching everyroom and hacking all safes etc etc you will spend more tim on it. IMO one of the best games on the 360..
ThatsSimtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ThatsSimtastic
Member since 2009 • 2054 Posts
BTW try out far cry 2 I've had it for over 3 months and still haven't finished it completely, although I haven't played it alot. It's a good game.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
Dead Rising GTA IV Saints Row 1 & 2