What is gonna be new in modern warfare?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 flavian2
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

Everyone talks about there being nothing new in left 4 dead 2 but what about mw2? What can you add besides some new guns and vehicles? Cod 4 and 5 were basically the same thing except different time periods. The xbox live multiplayer experience was the same thing. what are they going to do different this time around?

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Wow, someone actually questioning Infinity Ward and the Call of Duty franchise. Fanboy response will be interesting.
DarrenB900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DarrenB900
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
New perks, new maps, new weapons, and new features relating to all of these. Single player will be completely different obviously, I highly doubt they would make the same thing happen twice. Online, I still like Call of Duty 4, because you rarely see the same thing happen twice. Modern Warfare 2 will be a completely new experience for CoD fans.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
well take a look at their new mp vid, looks great. new stuff revealed as well BUT im a little worried bout some stuff...hope theirs a beta
flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 flavian2
New perks, new maps, new weapons, and new features relating to all of these. Single player will be completely different obviously, I highly doubt they would make the same thing happen twice. Online, I still like Call of Duty 4, because you rarely see the same thing happen twice. Modern Warfare 2 will be a completely new experience for CoD fans.DarrenB900
same as cod 4 and 5
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
well take a look at their new mp vid, looks great. new stuff revealed as well BUT im a little worried bout some stuff...hope theirs a betagow117
I would almost guarantee there's going to be a MP beta, and I need to get over to the site for the game to sign up for it, now that I'm thinking about it. Why does it always have to be something completely different? They're continuing the story of MW from CoD4. I don't see nearly as much questioning of something like Halo when they change very little in their multiplayer. If it works, and CoD4 works well, why would you change it too drastically?
VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 VeryGnawty
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
I think there's gonna be a zombie mode. But I hope they don't make the online noob friendly like CoD4 and CoD5
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
New perks, new maps, new weapons, and new features relating to all of these. Single player will be completely different obviously, I highly doubt they would make the same thing happen twice. Online, I still like Call of Duty 4, because you rarely see the same thing happen twice. Modern Warfare 2 will be a completely new experience for CoD fans.DarrenB900
I just want Capture the Flag mode.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

You are going to be able to customize your Killstreak bonuses. I think that'll be sweet.

flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flavian2
[QUOTE="gow117"]well take a look at their new mp vid, looks great. new stuff revealed as well BUT im a little worried bout some stuff...hope theirs a betaCNUrGames
I would almost guarantee there's going to be a MP beta, and I need to get over to the site for the game to sign up for it, now that I'm thinking about it. Why does it always have to be something completely different? They're continuing the story of MW from CoD4. I don't see nearly as much questioning of something like Halo when they change very little in their multiplayer. If it works, and CoD4 works well, why would you change it too drastically?

halo3 has a very compelling narrative. Not the same deal with cod my friend
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CNUrGames
[QUOTE="CNUrGames"][QUOTE="gow117"]well take a look at their new mp vid, looks great. new stuff revealed as well BUT im a little worried bout some stuff...hope theirs a betaflavian2

I would actually beg to differ just because the story of CoD4 wasn't terrible and they're focusing on continuing the story in this game. I think it's going to be a surprisingly engaging story
flavian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flavian2
[QUOTE="flavian2"][QUOTE="CNUrGames"] I would almost guarantee there's going to be a MP beta, and I need to get over to the site for the game to sign up for it, now that I'm thinking about it. Why does it always have to be something completely different? They're continuing the story of MW from CoD4. I don't see nearly as much questioning of something like Halo when they change very little in their multiplayer. If it works, and CoD4 works well, why would you change it too drastically?CNUrGames

I would actually beg to differ just because the story of CoD4 wasn't terrible and they're focusing on continuing the story in this game. I think it's going to be a surprisingly engaging story

i dont believe what im reading. The story in cod mw may as well not of been there it doesnt make you care much at all
Blobstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Blobstone
Member since 2008 • 602 Posts
I think there's gonna be a zombie mode. But I hope they don't make the online noob friendly like CoD4 and CoD5VeryGnawty
No, Game Informer magazine has a whole thing on the game. There's going to be three SWAT team levels of some sort which you can play by yourself or with a friend. There's also going to be a lot more open world gaming and a lot of things able to be destroyed in the enviroment. There's obviously new guns, multiplayer levels and perks. I'm sure there will be other surprises as well.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CNUrGames
[QUOTE="CNUrGames"][QUOTE="flavian2"] halo3 has a very compelling narrative. Not the same deal with cod my friendflavian2

It was at least more refreshing than the WW2 story and while playing it I felt impacted, though I will admit it wasn't memorable. But again, they are focusing on the story in MW2 which is why they were so adamant about keeping it separate from the CoD tag as long as possible. The story might surprise everyone in this game. i dont believe what im reading. The story in cod mw may as well not of been there it doesnt make you care much at all

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
[QUOTE="gow117"]well take a look at their new mp vid, looks great. new stuff revealed as well BUT im a little worried bout some stuff...hope theirs a betaCNUrGames

more modes, perks, etc are welcome. Halo added a lot if you search well ;)