What if Oblivion is not for me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guannoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Guannoboy
Member since 2006 • 561 Posts

I recently tried playing oblivion again, but jsut could not get into it. Maybe it was because I heard so much great things out of it, and once I started playing it; it just led to dissapointment. Oh well, Im just curious whether Oblivion is the standard of american rpgs? I grew up playing mostly jrpg, and I love those. But, I know mass effect is comming out soon, and was just curious how that will compare to Oblivion? I have never played KOTOR btw. Also, will I be able to enjoy Fallout 3 as well if I did not like Oblivion? Thanks.

dreamscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dreamscott
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
Then don't play it.. What kind of question is that. I don't like it either, so I just don't play it.
Lostfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lostfile
Member since 2006 • 544 Posts

Fallout 3 won't be like Oblivion. You don't have to worry.

Stockman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stockman
Member since 2002 • 400 Posts

I recently tried playing oblivion again, but jsut could not get into it. Maybe it was because I heard so much great things out of it, and once I started playing it; it just led to dissapointment. Oh well, Im just curious whether Oblivion is the standard of american rpgs? I grew up playing mostly jrpg, and I love those. But, I know mass effect is comming out soon, and was just curious how that will compare to Oblivion? I have never played KOTOR btw. Also, will I be able to enjoy Fallout 3 as well if I did not like Oblivion? Thanks.

Guannoboy

Then stop playing it, it's not like a *** RPG where it's all linear. Hell I remember when I first got Oblivion on PC I spent the first week breaking into houses and stores, and making my pockets fat with gold. I never touched the main story line because I had no interest in doing it.

Lord_Tik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Lord_Tik
Member since 2002 • 888 Posts

What kind of question is that? If you don't like it.. then don't play it. Fallout is supposed to be a different game. If Bethesda sticks to the world of Fallout, you can expect something very different.

My opinion, play Fallout 1 and 2, then decide if you want to wait for 3.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

then buy another game. i bought oblivion and i think it's the most depressing game i've ever played. it's good, but it's depressing..

so i sold it and bought another game...... simple

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I dont know what to tell you I love Oblivion.
sgt_hassan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sgt_hassan
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
If Oblivion is an American RPG then I saw keep them coming because I haven't played an rpg quite like this since. You just have to love the physics.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I played KOTOR (Bioware) and I liked it allot. I also played FFX and liked it allot as well. I played Oblivion and I totally hated it. It just wasn't nearly as fun as other RPG's I had played in my opinion. So you don't have to worry about anything. You could very well like Mass Effect (I know I will) and Fallout 3 won't be like Oblivion.

EDIT: Also, you should check out Lost Odyssey. It's a JRPG releasing this year from the creator of FF. It uses a similiar combat system like FFX, so I'm all hyped up about that game.

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
I love it when sometimes people new to Oblivion don't realize you can travel from place to place by clicking on the points in the map, and rather spend hours walking everywhere.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I love it when sometimes people new to Oblivion don't realize you can travel from place to place by clicking on the points in the map, and rather spend hours walking everywhere.jacksheets

Who doesn't know about that?

jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
I've seen it posted quite a few times on this forum.