What games could I get my parents to play?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Supaman222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Supaman222
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

Long story short, we're (probably) moving an Xbox into our family room and I thought that gaming would be a good hobby for my parents. Also, our Wii is gonna be up here too so Wii games as well.

My dad has a history with video games. He played a few back in the days of N64. He loves star wars games but Modern Games have too many controls so he would have to learn. We bought him Forza 3 in anticipation of him playing it but the Xbox has been in near constant use in the basement so he hasnt really had a chance. I think hes willing to learn stuff but if it has a high initial frustration level then I should save that for later.

My mom also has a history with games. She has a huge family and her brothers would play games like pong and donkey kong (haha). Now shes about to find herself with a lot less responsibilities and I figured she might like to try as well. However, she gets sick with the 3D games so she can pretty much only play side-scrollers (Wii).

Anyway I think games would be a great past time for them Im just not sure which direction to point them. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks for reading.

wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wallmart56
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts

Well for your mom the new super mario bros. wii is pretty good, also she should check out wii shop channel at the virtual console section for some side scrollers she may remember. As far as your dad goes if he does end up likeing forza you should also checkout dirt and need for speed shift also you said he liked star wars games so you might want to checkout the force unleashed I hopes this helps.

ilsaf21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ilsaf21
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts
There are always games to dl like Castle Crashers for example. Not only could you all play but it would be simple and you could save their lives to prevent that stress factor. Other games that can play multiplayer as well like Rockband are good too, gives them a sense of letting loose and maybe a bit of nostalgia depending on how they were when they were younger. I know my parents would adapt to that quite nicely. Try things out like that and see if it is effective. At the very least, you got a few new games to play yourself. Happy hunting.
melted831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 melted831
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

That's hard but I think that for your dad you should try 1. starwars knights of the old republic 2. half life 2 3. Lord of the rings conquest

Now for your mom you could try 1. Braid 2. sonic the hedgehog 2 both of these are high rated 2-d platformers but braid will probally be the best it was given a 9.5 rating

TheOohChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheOohChild
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I tried teaching my dad how to play Modern Warfare. But there were too many buttons for him, and it was too fast paced for him. But it was still really funny to watch.
Supaman222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Supaman222
Member since 2009 • 257 Posts

Castle Crashers is a good idea. My brother and I have played and beaten it before and it was pretty fun. Ive downloaded the original TMNT game because I used to play it at my mom's mom's house so she might like to play that. And about forced unleashed. Ive never played a console version of that, how easy are the controls? Also, KoToR might work but I dont know how easy my dad would catch on to RPG elements of the game.

Does anyone know if there is like an arcade, indie or even an online video of how to play more advanced games? Thanks for the suggestions by the way

wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wallmart56

Well for your mom the new super mario bros. wii is pretty good, also she should check out wii shop channel at the virtual console section for some side scrollers she may remember. As far as your dad goes if he does end up likeing forza you should also checkout dirt and need for speed shift also you said he liked star wars games so you might want to checkout the force unleashed I hopes this helps.

wallmart56

Also me and my dad play halo 3 consantly it's very VERY addictive HaHa.

wallmart56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wallmart56

Castle Crashers is a good idea. My brother and I have played and beaten it before and it was pretty fun. Ive downloaded the original TMNT game because I used to play it at my mom's mom's house so she might like to play that. And about forced unleashed. Ive never played a console version of that, how easy are the controls? Also, KoToR might work but I dont know how easy my dad would catch on to RPG elements of the game.

Does anyone know if there is like an arcade, indie or even an online video of how to play more advanced games? Thanks for the suggestions by the way

Supaman222

The controls on the force unleshed are pretty much just standard action/adventure controls though using force grab and push can take a bit of getting used to as far as guides go this might help with shooters (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games /tips/noviceguides/firstpersonshooters.htm) also just poke around youtube im sure you can find more like this hope it helps