What game returns/trades do you regret? (can be more than one)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

I was posting my game purchase regrets, and thought of some games that I returned that I regret.

Skate (was going to buy Skate 2 when it came out, but I haven't yet)

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (was going to pop it in to compare it to Bad Company, but remembered I traded it in)

GRAW 2 (I'm trying to find a game similar to Socom, and someone told me this was close)

Rev

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

none, i just traded 9 crap games (def jam icon, perfect dark zero, farcry instincts, guitar hero 3 and aerosmith, condemned 2, halo 3, dead rising, and the orange box) and got $103 from gamestop so i dont regret that one lol and the only other time i've traded stuff in was a gamecube and 13 games for $280 which got me my xbox 360 so i dont regret that one either lol.

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I got rid of Bioshock about 8 months after it released. I regretted it like 2 days later and finally picked it up again about a week ago. I've played through it so many times. It never gets old.

pimpmusterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 pimpmusterd
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

its for xbox but Secret Weapons Over Normandy is the game i regret trading in because i thought id never play it again and im not even sure if it works on 360 so i got rid of it but i wanna play it again and i still have my xbox so i could.

freshwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freshwb
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

More like what returns do I not regret.

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

When I sold my super nintendo all those years ago.Still wish I had it,at leastI can get another one.

SirTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SirTheory
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

I got my 360 in... October '08. The end of the month, if I remember correctly. I took advantage of Gamestops buy 2-get-1 free special on used games and got a pretty impressive library, including Fallout 3, Fable II, Grid, Ninja Gaiden II, and... a few other things. In the second week of December I suddenly found out that I was two months behind on rent (I had thought I was paid through the end of the year), so I had to get money IMMEDIATELY. I had to sell back all of the games (except the most recent Project Gotham title), in addition to my wireless adaptor, some Gamecube titles, etc. I was soooo annoyed. I mean... my fault. But, still. I have since re-acquired both Fable II and Fallout 3... which did nothing but increase my annoyance at the situation. Sigh.

jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

I stopped trading in game because it's simply a rip-off, it's how stores like EB and Gamestop are able to survive, they con us into giving them our games for ridiculously low prices.

That being said, I regret trading in Devil May Cry 4 & Halo 3.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The only one I regret selling was Kameo. Luckily it's super cheap now, but it was a fun game. I think I got so caught up in a more "hyped" game that I needed money to get it. I don't sell any games anymore unless I hate the game with a passion.

Avatar image for EvilStealth64-2
EvilStealth64-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EvilStealth64-2
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

Metroid Prime 1. I wasyoung and i thought the game was to hard/scary -.- but it's like 5.00 now so whatever :P

Avatar image for mysticgohanssj2
mysticgohanssj2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mysticgohanssj2
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
Selling my dreamcast for a ps2
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#12 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
Forza 2 & PGR4 i have missed them so much
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

I stopped trading in game because it's simply a rip-off, it's how stores like EB and Gamestop are able to survive, they con us into giving them our games for ridiculously low prices.

That being said, I regret trading in Devil May Cry 4 & Halo 3.

jarhead1990
Im trading in golden compass and lost via domus both are rubbish i don't care if i get nothing for them just get them out my collection.
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

I've only traded in one game and that was Guitar Hero: World Tour, but i gave it back 2 days after i bought it so i got all my money back for it. That game was absolutely terrible, but Metallica made up for it =D

i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
The only trade i regret is marvel vs. capcom 2. I had two copies so i traded one to blockbuster, for somewhere around 10 bucks at the time. A few months later, low and behold, it's considered a rare gem. Didn't really kick myself though, until my other copy was stolen... Anyway, i've learned my lesson with store trade-ins, now i only trade to future shop when it's a top ten title (usually worth between 35 and 40, such as gears 2). Otherwise, all my trades are done on goozex. That site is amazing.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I don't trade in games, but I sold my Dreamcast to a friend...I'm really disappointed in myself.

Avatar image for DerkaDerkaJihad
DerkaDerkaJihad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DerkaDerkaJihad
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts
I regret trading in PGR4 and BF:BC.
Sherjas24

Forum Posts