What game do you think will FAIL?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aceofspades187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aceofspades187
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
so many good games come out in this short amount of time. i cant wait for november cant get here any faster.... but one game i think will fail is fable 2..... for fact i never liked them and they got rid of co op
_Donnelly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 _Donnelly_
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts

They did not get rid of co-op, it will be available one week after release. And it will not fail, it will sell millions. If any game is going to fail it will be Banjoe nuts and bolts, Rare took a big gamble making it vehicle based, and a lot of previews read like the game has big problems with the way these vehicles control.

It could be a massive flop.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Fallout 3 could disappoint...I don't think many people realize it's an RPG since it looks like a FPS.
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
fallout 3 looks too complicated to be a good shooter. or better yet, fallout 3 looks too bare to be a good rpg. it tries to hard to be both games.
fallenchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 fallenchicken
Member since 2008 • 486 Posts

So fallout 3 will dissappoint because its not a fps?

And I agree with Aceofspades on the fable 2 thing, theres no queston it will sell well but I think it will pull a fable 1 and not be as good as promised.

1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
The next Harry Potter installment.! I could see it now, Hedwig slays Harry in a duel.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

2 games that no one talks about: Golden Axe: Beast Rider and The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.

The new Golden Axe will fail because it doesn't have co-op, even though the Sega Genesis versions did, and it's developed by Secret Level, who made the god awful Iron Man games.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon will fail because there hasn't been a good Spyro game since the PS1 days, and the new ones mostly suck.

CallT0Arms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CallT0Arms
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

2 games that no one talks about: Golden Axe: Beast Rider and The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.

The new Golden Axe will fail because it doesn't have co-op, even though the Sega Genesis versions did, and it's developed by Secret Level, who made the god awful Iron Man games.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon will fail because there hasn't been a good Spyro game since the PS1 days, and the new ones mostly suck.

mitu123

yes im with you there man

i loved the ps1 spyros when i was a nipper

i wish they went back to the old days with better graphics and indepth storyline

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie

So fallout 3 will dissappoint because its not a fps?fallenchicken

1. It looks like a FPS and most people I know think it is one. Based on the early videos it gave that impression.

2. It will be compared to Obilivion and Mass Effect which is a tough task

3. It comes out within days of Fable 2

Yyin9564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Yyin9564
Member since 2007 • 2320 Posts

mitu123

^just bout right

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
The Halo 3 expansion thingy
Templey616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Templey616
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts

Im hoping Banjo kazooie doesn't fail, the other 2 were amazing, the whole vechile crap does kinda put you off aye, but lets hope its not a failure.

I reckon Golden axe will be pants, i reckon they will destroy it tbh.

All the others should be ok :)

__carwreck__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 __carwreck__
Member since 2006 • 676 Posts
fallout, but watch gamespot give it a perfect 10
fallenchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fallenchicken

[QUOTE="fallenchicken"]So fallout 3 will dissappoint because its not a fps?KC_Hokie

1. It looks like a FPS and most people I know think it is one. Based on the early videos it gave that impression.

1.It has fps combat, so it shouldn't dissapoint on that level.

2. It will be compared to Obilivion but it will do laps around mass effect. Dont get me wrong I liked mass effect but it dosn't hold a candle to a fallout game or even the new elder scrolls.

3. I dont see how coming out within days of fable 2 matters.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="fallenchicken"]So fallout 3 will dissappoint because its not a fps?fallenchicken

2. It will be compared to Obilivion but it will do laps around mass effect. Dont get me wrong I liked mass effect but it dosn't hold a candle to a fallout game or even the new elder scrolls.

1. Successfully mixing FPS combat with RPG strategy is tough

2. Laps around Mass Effect? I'll believe it when I see it.

3. Fable 2 is another RPG and unless you are a hardcore RPG fan you will not pick up both Fable 2 and Fallout 3 in the same month or at all.

I just think Fallout 3 has a lot going against it and I hope I am wrong since it looks cool.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

And I agree with Aceofspades on the fable 2 thing, theres no queston it will sell well but I think it will pull a fable 1 and not be as good as promised.

fallenchicken

Fable 2 has promised next to nothing and has been underhyped.

moongoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 moongoose5000
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

how about fracture?

downloaded the demo and it seemed awful....

i mean, is move the ground up and down the only thing unique you can do in it cuz baseing a whole game around that one strategy seems silly to me....

but then again i dont know much about the game so there cud be sumtin more to it

mooserider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mooserider
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts

Halo Wars will fail no doubt. Stop trying to milk all the money you can out of it!!!

its a decent idea for a game, but theres just not enough substance for it

poor Halo :'(

Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts

Banjo Kazzoie nuts and bolts

I just sounds like an A or AA game

Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alexander146
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts

mitu123

If people will hate Golden Axe simply because it has no co-op, then I'm sorry, but that's kinda pathetic.

Also, The Legend of Spyro trilogy is usually conisdered better then the heap of mediocrity that was Enter the Dragonfly.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

What game will fail? I dunno, no anticipated game. Even games that criticially fail to live up to expectations do well commercially. Hype is self-fulfilling. Even if everyone who buys the game hates it, they still bought the game.

Oh, and there's this:

omg that odst game will suxxxx, bungie stop maeking these~!

randomhalohater

There. We've got that out of the way, so no Halo haters need come to this thread. I've just done your work for you, and you can go pollute some other forum. :)

KC_Hokie

I didn't know anyone thought it was a shooter until you posted this. Someone can go make a poll on the forum here if they want to look at this scientifically, but I seriously doubt that a significant percentage of gamers think Fallout 3 is supposed to be an FPS.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

[QUOTE="fallenchicken"]So fallout 3 will dissappoint because its not a fps?KC_Hokie

Anyone who thinks it's not an RPG must be living under a rock...seriously.
arctrooper48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 arctrooper48
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Game? I know for a fact that the dashboard will fail.

Time to cancel my Xbox Live membeship!

fallenchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fallenchicken

I think the new dashboard might be cool.

whats wrong with it?

fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="fallenchicken"]So fallout 3 will dissappoint because its not a fps?fallenchicken

As one of the biggest Fallout (my favourite game series) and Elder Scrolls fan I know, I must disagree with Mass Effect not being able to hold a candle to Fallout or Elder Scrolls, it was a brilliant game in my opinion.

Anyway, on topic, Fallout 3 could flop, it's not being made by Black Isle/Interplay and it looks really different. I am going to go into it expecting a Fallout themed game, like maybe a good Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel game or something.

Fable 2 might, I haven't really followed the news for this too closely, but there was a lot of dissapointment surrounding the first one.

Other than that, I don't know, haven't really been following game news.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Game? I know for a fact that the dashboard will fail.

Time to cancel my Xbox Live membeship!

arctrooper48

Yeah more features and the end of using someone else's pictures as my own is an awful idea

:|

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts

Agreed
jinjoman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 jinjoman93
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i'm not so sure about fallout 3 or fable 2 because they are highly anticipated but if anything looks like a massive failure it's a new rip off of rock band and guitar hero called rock revolution. it looks really bad as well as the new spyro game coming out (Dawn of the dragon?)
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Palantas

As one of the biggest Fallout (my favourite game series) and Elder Scrolls fan I know, I must disagree with Mass Effect not being able to hold a candle to Fallout or Elder Scrolls, it was a brilliant game in my opinion.

fkholmes

I agree. Oblivion had more commercial success, but amongst a number of long-time CRPG fans (that I know, anyway) Mass Effect is considered a superior game.

Anyway, on topic, Fallout 3 could flop, it's not being made by Black Isle/Interplay and it looks really different. I am going to go into it expecting a Fallout themed game, like maybe a good Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel game or something.

fkholmes

I don't think that'll cause the game to flop, as you say. Bethesda's producing a very different game from the Black Isle Fallouts, which is annoying to long-time fans of the series. However, Fallout aficionados are a tiny group compared to all the gamers who liked Oblivion, and want to play another game similar to it. Fallout 3 is so anticipated, that it's going to be a commercial success no matter what.

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts
Peter Molyneux's has done a good job of not promising things he cant fully promise. So far everything that has been announced has been confirmed. He himself even said that he was keeping his mouth shut about features of the game, so there are other things we don't necessarily know about.So Fable wont fail, its going to sell millions.

fallenchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fallenchicken
What made mass effect so good to be compared to those games? The story was really compelling but it was short and unsatifiying. The side quests and most of the planets were unfinished. Ive got really high hopes for the 2nd one though. Maybe I went into mass effect expecting it to be as good as kotor. As for the game not selling well because it wasnt made by Black isle i think thats redicules. bethsida did exactly the right thing for the game to sell. And I can understand people doubts about whether it will be a real fallout sequel. But I think it will be great its not 1996 they had to make changes.
Fodpea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Fodpea
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts
I have to say fry cry 2 it looks good but all games look good. It just seems like it will get too complacated when it trys to be realistic if i wanted it to be realalistic I would go do it now. And i just dont believe in it.
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
Peter Molyneux's has done a good job of not promising things he cant fully promise. So far everything that has been announced has been confirmed. He himself even said that he was keeping his mouth shut about features of the game, so there are other things we don't necessarily know about.So Fable wont fail, its going to sell millions.

hooded1man

Well that's not entirely correct, remember how he promised you would be able to watch a tree grow as you aged, but he took that out in the first one and how this made some people angry, some even threatening Peter's life (not entirely sure why, it doesn't sound that amazing)? Then he promised the same for the second one but even more assuredly, then took it out again? Not a huge point against your post, but I think it is correct (someone correct me if I am wrong)...

Pito360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pito360
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think Golden Axe, Left 4 Dead and Dead Space with no doubt will fail.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

They did not get rid of co-op, it will be available one week after release. And it will not fail, it will sell millions. If any game is going to fail it will be Banjoe nuts and bolts, Rare took a big gamble making it vehicle based, and a lot of previews read like the game has big problems with the way these vehicles control.

It could be a massive flop.

_Donnelly_

hope not, but atlast ill get the arcarde game for free and early

if i had to think of a game that may fail id say littlw big planet but thats not on the 360

the more i think about it the only game im looking forward to that MAY fail is banjo, i hope it dosent

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Fracture

Demo sucked ALOT.

aceofspades187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aceofspades187

z shi

I think Golden Axe, Left 4 Dead and Dead Space with no doubt will fail.Pito360

The thought that you just put golden Axe and left 4 dead in the same sentence... just prove how you have a mental problem? abuse as a child?lolz or a Soulja boy fan?.... and with out a doubt lolz you have no clue what ur talkin about do u? lolz i know i made it for people to post and say their opinion but lolz

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Alexander146

If people will hate Golden Axe simply because it has no co-op, then I'm sorry, but that's kinda pathetic.

Also, The Legend of Spyro trilogy is usually conisdered better then the heap of mediocrity that was Enter the Dragonfly.

About Golden Axe, a lot of people didn't like the idea of the game not having co-op, I read comments about it on gametrailers.com

About the new Spyro game, The Legend of Spyro series is better than that horrible Enter the Dragonfly and below average A Hero's Tail, but compared to the original 3 on PS1, it's not even as good.

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts

Banjo Kazooie, they should have stucken with the old formula. Kazooie doesn't even play a role in this one, unless you count holding a magic wrench. The vehicles seem to control badly from the previews.

I still have hope for it, but it will most likely disappoint.

NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts
fable 2 has fail written all over it
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#41 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

fallenchicken

The biased i sense in you mostly due to your avatar and the fact you bash F2 FANBOY CONFIRMED.

aceofspades187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aceofspades187

fable 2 has fail written all over itNaiKoN9293

real gamers recognize real gamers lolz

fallenchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fallenchicken
I have a avatar of a game im excited for and im defending it, my bad? Plus me saying that im not gonna give the benefit of the doubt to fable when the first one didnt live up to its hype, dosnt mean im bashing it. Especially in a topic called what games do you think will fail, kinda like your post.
aceofspades187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aceofspades187
lolz but i post this to see what people would say.... if you have something to say when u fight ur choice or whatever do not message SELLS.... for the fact that it sells dont mean its any good... mercs 2 suck it selled good and many others so F___U__C what the Sells saids
Avatar image for smackdaniel2003
smackdaniel2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smackdaniel2003
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

fallout will be awesome if you watched any footage you will see in can be played as a fps or a 3rd person shooter with rpg elements. you can run and gun or pause and aim at certain body parts. you can blow lims off and as for fallout vs. mass effect, i loved mass effect but i beat it in about 20 hrs and that was the main story and all side mission and the one downloadable mission. fallout is promiseing over 100 hrs of gameplay just like its big brother oblivion. so fallout will be in the top 5 games this holiday if not the number one.

1. gears of war 2

2. fallout 3

3.fable 2

i dont think any will fail the only failure games will be on the other side of the street in the ps3 camp.

GO XBOX!!!!!

legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

Fallout 3 could disappoint...I don't think many people realize it's an RPG since it looks like a FPS. KC_Hokie

If people are to stupid to use the education we are given in this country to read about Fallout 3. Therefore only looking at the pictures and assuming it is an FPS. Then they are to freaking dumb to be playing anything more than Mickey Mouse Racing in the first place. Let alone more complex games such as Fallout 3 and Dead Space for instance.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Palantas

What made mass effect so good to be compared to those games? The story was really compelling but it was short and unsatifiying. The side quests and most of the planets were unfinished.

fallenchicken

I thought Mass Effect was a much better RPG than Oblivion, but then I'm just a gamer with an opinion. I'm looking at character interaction, level progression, and roleplaying.

One of the key characteristics that separates RPGs from more straight-foward action games is character interaction. Oblivion's character interaction sucked. 99% of all characters were about as well developed as MMO quest-dispensing terminals. Even the main characters were not very interesting. You learn next to nothing about them, and it's hard to care about people you don't know. Compare this to Mass Effect, which is populated by real people. Characters have their own lives and realistic motivations for what they do. You care about the characters in the game, and I felt a real sense of loss when one of them was killed.

I hated the scaling in Oblivion. I recently played through Mass Effect for the second time, and I spent much of the early part of the game saving up to buy a Master Gear assault rifle. I neglected upgrading my armor and other stuff, and suffered for it, as I was saving up for this sweet gun. Lots of RPGs through the years have had this. When I finally could afford the Master Gear rifle, it was awesome. That will never happen in Oblivion. You will never find/earn a totally awesome weapon, because all the items available to you are tied to your level. All the enemies are tied to your level too, so it doesn't really matter when you get a better weapon, because the bandits, goblins, et cetera all have more health now. In most every RPG in history, at Level 20, you could own a lowly skeleton. In Oblivion, there are no lowly skeletons, because enemies are tied to your level. This totally screws the game's sense of progress. In Mass Effect, a Geth shock trooper is a formidable foe at the beginning of the game. Later on, you chew through them in seconds. This is a good feeling. It's also a feeling you hardly ever get in Oblivion, because once again, everything's tied to your level.

Oh yeah, the roleplaying: There is no roleplaying in Oblivion. You're invited to join the Thieve's Guild. Want to betray them and turn them into the police? Can't. You're given a quest to go kill some guy. Want to be merciful and tell him to dissappear but let him live? Can't. Want to try talking someone down instead of fighting them? Can't. If you want to complain about unfinished side quests, Oblivion is the perfect candidate. Every sidequest is incredibly linear. Some of them are enjoyable, especially the ones for the Dark Brotherhood, but there's no roleplaying in them. The only roleplaying in Oblivion is what you make up in your head. This, combined with the game's heavy action and non-emphasis on your stats almost makes me c|assify it as an action-adventure, and not an RPG.

And there it is. You asked.

aceofspades187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aceofspades187

i dont think any will fail the only failure games will be on the other side of the street in the ps3 camp.

GO XBOX!!!!!

smackdaniel2003

lolz i have a ps3

Avatar image for smackdaniel2003
smackdaniel2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 smackdaniel2003
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
[QUOTE="smackdaniel2003"]

GO XBOX!!!!!

aceofspades187

lolz i have a ps3

i have one to but i dont have any games for it. its for my blu ray and socom when it drops.

fallenchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fallenchicken

I agree with all the ups you said about mass effect (charector interaction ext.). I just went into it expecting it to be as good as kotor and it wasn't. Oblivion why charector interaction was non exsistant(fallout 3 looks alot better in that department) was still huge, tons of quests and places to explore. When the onlything really worth playing in mass effect was the main quest.

BTW This does not mean I am bashing Mass effect