What ever happened to Mechassault...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mindset95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Mindset95
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It really bothers me that Mechassault faded out. It still destroys the crappy spin offs like Chromehounds that tried the genre.... I know it was made by Day 1 Studios - Does anyone have any idea if Day 1 folded or if they just dropped the Mechassault line? The series was doing solid.... I miss it now that original xbox live is off :(. If I'm remembering right I think they make FEAR.
xxKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xxKai
Member since 2011 • 2689 Posts

I feel ya bro, Mechassault was the bomb back in teh day, Chromehound was just crap :\

I hope they can get something out, I know originals should stay originals but I want to see something new like at least a remake of the first game or two

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Mechassault 2 flopped and basically the series faded. Pretty sad because the first game was a lot of fun.
krashr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 krashr1
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
Day 1 Studios is still around. They are getting ready to release f.e.a.r 3. Also, I found a page that gives some info into a possible reboot of the Mechwarrior series. mechwarrior Looking like a long shot, but it would be nice to have a new game in the battletech universe.
JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

I believe the guy who founded FASA bought the rights of MechAssault back from Microsoft since they were not doing anything with it. He has a new studio right now, Smith and Tinker I think it's called, and if I remember correctly at the moment he is working on a MechWarrior reboot. Which is the universe the MechAssault games are based off of, but it is a deeper, more customizable experience than the faster paced MechAssault. Looks awesome.

Also, Chromehounds multiplayer was awesome. I logged over 200 hours into it. Slower paced, sure but a great game none the less. Singleplayer blew though.