What do your parents think of the 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

I know some parents take interest in their kids playing video games, and I know some parents that even like gaming... I just want to know what type of parents do you have.

In my case is kind of funny. In 1990 my dad brought home the NES with Mario... that was the only video game he ever played (except for Tetris on the computer). After that both my parents called everything related to video games Nintendo. The console is called Nintendo, the games are called Nintendo, even the controllers are sometimes called Nintendo. I've corrected them sometimes, and know they call things by their name once in a while.

So, what do your parents think of the 360??

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I know some parents take interest in their kids playing video games, and I know some parents that even like gaming... I just want to know what type of parents do you have.

In my case is kind of funny. In 1990 my dad brought home the NES with Mario... that was the only video game he ever played (except for Tetris on the computer). After that both my parents called everything related to video games Nintendo. The console is called Nintendo, the games are called Nintendo, even the controllers are sometimes called Nintendo. I've corrected them sometimes, and know they call things by their name once in a while.

gp19

That's how my mom was when I was young. She still calls the 360 a Nintendo sometimes and I correct her because I know it annoys her! She actually plays with us though. She plays CoD2 (she will be playing 4 here soon though), Guitar Hero, the Wii, etc.

monkey-squable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 monkey-squable
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts

gp19
my parents made me sell mine to get a wii and im happy but im getting a 360 fo christ mas cause me and my parents are on a deal if i go in75 percent on the consle then theyll pay for the rest and get me halo 3 and thats the only m game i can get so yeahhh it all works out i guess
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gp19

That's how my mom was when I was young. She still calls the 360 a Nintendo sometimes and I correct her because I know it annoys her! She actually plays with us though. She plays CoD2 (she will be playing 4 here soon though), Guitar Hero, the Wii, etc.

nickdastick

It's pretty cool your mum plays COD2!!

Sandro909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Sandro909
Member since 2004 • 15221 Posts
My parents actually know what the 360 is; whereas if I mentioned the Wii or PS3 to my dad he would just stare at me like I'm an alien.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
My mom has absolutely no interest in it at all and doesn't even know what I own. My dad on the otherhand seems to be interested in it but not be very much into actually playing...he knows all about what I own and he knows about upcoming games. He seems interested when I tell him about games I've been playing and what I'm looking forward to. It couold just be an act but oh well it's cool lol The only games he actually plays though are NHL ones
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gp19

My mom has absolutely no interest in it at all and doesn't even know what I own. My dad on the otherhand seems to be interested in it but not be very much into actually playing...he knows all about what I own and he knows about upcoming games. He seems interested when I tell him about games I've been playing and what I'm looking forward to. It couold just be an act but oh well it's cool lol The only games he actually plays though are NHL onesScarface_tm431

It's no act man, he's just taking an interest on what his son is doing :)

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
me and my dad played halo 3 like all night
michael_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 michael_man
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
My mom calls everything a game boy
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
Luckily, I stopped caring what my parents think years ago. Well at least until it comes time for another tuition payment...
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gp19
Ouch, teenage rebelion hit you hard :P
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
This thread reminds me (for some reason) of that episode of King of the Hill when Hank kept yelling at Bobby to "turn off that dang vid-yuh game!" after Bobby had gotten in trouble for kicking everybody in the pills, inspired by a women's self defense class.

"LET GO OF MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!"
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
My mom doesn't care for it but my dad thinks it's great but would never seriously play it unless I made him.
masori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 masori
Member since 2005 • 1680 Posts
they dont really care about my console
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
they call it "the video" and say it is the cause of all my problems.
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
[QUOTE="gp19"]

monkey-squable

my parents made me sell mine to get a wii and im happy but im getting a 360 fo christ mas cause me and my parents are on a deal if i go in75 percent on the consle then theyll pay for the rest and get me halo 3 and thats the only m game i can get so yeahhh it all works out i guess

so... your parents are nintendo a fanboy and fangirl?

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
They used to call everything Nintendo :| But not now, they just call it box, x thing or xbox. My mome let's me play it aslong as I don't spend the whole day playing it, and my dad is ok with it. I remember the good ol' times when my mom would get me M or T games eventhough I was like 10, and now that I'm 17, she doesn't like me playing M games now :/ :|
dudy80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dudy80
Member since 2004 • 1787 Posts
Dont care much, my dad trys it every 6 months or so but cant really get the hang of it or get into it. As far as gaming goes, its my money they dont give a crap.
lt_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lt_04
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts

my dad plays my 360 once inawhile right now I am trying to get him to play gears of war and halo 3

and some of the sports games.

Carpe_Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Carpe_Noctum
Member since 2002 • 1369 Posts
My dad digs his 360, we play online 1 night a week while we have a few beers; which is pretty cool when you don't live close. Seems wierd to me that more of your parents don't play games, it started in their generation.
runenakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 runenakken
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
I've never asked and I'm never going to. Why do you even care what my parents think???
Faylette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Faylette
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts
It's technically my father's console, so he plays it quite often and enjoys it. My mother doesn't enjoy games very much in general, so she doesn't really care about it.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts

When I was younger and living at home, my parents were totally cool with videogames, cause I have a level head on me and know that a game is a game. They did stop my brother playing it for a while, cause he got all... tense about losing against his friends and his grades were slipping because he was prioritizing gaming and when he was forced to stop, he totally got bored of them and is now studying to be a psychiatrist lol.

alamgir1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 alamgir1942
Member since 2005 • 700 Posts
Idk my parents don't really like it when I play games!Those bastards took my xbox live away too but I might hook it up again someday.
Galzakian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Galzakian
Member since 2004 • 5160 Posts

Dad likes to sometimes watch and marvel at the graphics and the AI and stuff and marvel at how advanced it's all become. He used to play games on the old Commodore 64 and wonders if he'd be good at any of these new games. Sadly, the last game he played was the new Doom, and time has aged his reflexes and he got killed fairly easily >_>

Mom does the whole "As long as it doesn't affect your studies" routine, or complains about the influence of video games on me if I do something bad. :roll:

Gawney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Gawney
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
my dad plays it when i take it to his house but my mum just says you play it to much and doesnt mind
chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts
My Mother:"It's a disease!!!!". No no no no i kid i kid.......my mother just calls everything a "game" or a "thing". "you play that game to much"or "did you get that thing from repair yet?"OR My favorite when I'm on XBL play Gow loud as hell like 2 in the morning"callate la jeta culicagado que estoy tratando de dormir!!!!!!:x" Well my dad is like a nerd, his has my xbox and got me the 360, he doesn't play it that much, he just likes his tetris and his expensive ass PC.
thenobody300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thenobody300
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

My dad is like 53 and he is totally in to games. He is one generation behind though. He just got his PS2. He plays Gran Turismo and HotShots Golf and Pool games. In his room he has two T.V.s One for satalite and one for PS2. he plays during commercials LOL

My mom plays online poker a lot. and is suprisingly good at pacman games.

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gp19

My Mother:"It's a disease!!!!". No no no no i kid i kid.......my mother just calls everything a "game" or a "thing". "you play that game to much"or "did you get that thing from repair yet?"OR My favorite when I'm on XBL play Gow loud as hell like 2 in the morning"callate la jeta culicagado que estoy tratando de dormir!!!!!!:x" Well my dad is like a nerd, his has my xbox and got me the 360, he doesn't play it that much, he just likes his tetris and his expensive ass PC. chief_527

Heheh, I know the feeling... Apaga ese ruido, la casa parece una maldita guerra!!! Cause I love cranking up the volume when I'm playing shooters:lol:

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
My parents have heard of the console, but they don't know anything about it, nor do they use it.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

parents who show they age say the funiest things some times, i rememebr my uncle hammering my cousin telling him if he it was rediculous that he kept playing 2 dance tunes at once he would take his decks back off him if he didnt pack it in, he was deadly serious at the time as well haha.

i remmeber him before as well moaning at him for not playing any the nes games he had bought for him years ago when he got his megadrive , say i wudnt of paid £40 for them if i knew u wudnt play them on ur new computer as well

only game my mum wud ever play was pacman, any computer she auctually wanted to play wud always say put pack man on even ten years later when it wernt on my computer lol

Marioarm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Marioarm2
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
My parents hate my 360 and anything related to gaming. My dad knows the difference between a Wii and a 360 though so I guess I can give him some props there. My mom especially thinks that because of gaming, I'm lazy, have no friends and that I'm not trying my hardest in school (which is not true, other than being lazy lol). But I still have a job, a car and do good in school. It's not like I do drugs or anythign so just leave my hobby alone, ya know?
BigRobbyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BigRobbyP
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

My Mother:"It's a disease!!!!". No no no no i kid i kid.......my mother just calls everything a "game" or a "thing". "you play that game to much"or "did you get that thing from repair yet?"OR My favorite when I'm on XBL play Gow loud as hell like 2 in the morning"callate la jeta culicagado que estoy tratando de dormir!!!!!!:x" Well my dad is like a nerd, his has my xbox and got me the 360, he doesn't play it that much, he just likes his tetris and his expensive ass PC. chief_527

LMAO WOW when i be up at night talking on my mic and trippin, my moms be doin the same thing to she be goin all puerto rican on me telling me to shut up and stuff, hella funny man.

Gamertag= BigRobby P....friend request me if you ever wanna Halo it up w/ me

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
They really dont care
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
My parents like my Wii much more than my 360 because its soo easy to play
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

My parents hate my 360 and anything related to gaming. My dad knows the difference between a Wii and a 360 though so I guess I can give him some props there. My mom especially thinks that because of gaming, I'm lazy, have no friends and that I'm not trying my hardest in school (which is not true, other than being lazy lol). But I still have a job, a car and do good in school. It's not like I do drugs or anythign so just leave my hobby alone, ya know?Marioarm2

Drugs are bad

Mike_1511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mike_1511
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
My parents think its the cheapest system on the planet after taking me about 4 times to return it caz of the ring of fire(death) and i had to buy a new one Oo
lrsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lrsp
Member since 2005 • 769 Posts
My mom calls everything Playstation. The 360 is a playstation, the wii is a playstation, hell I think my computer is a playstation to her. My sister doesn't even know what anything is. Its pretty lonely in my house cause no body knows a darn thing about systems or games or anything electronic.
suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts
I'm 35 and my parents brought me home a astrocade in the late 70's. I just bought my dad a 360 a few months back for his b-day. He's hooked on Forza and Dirt. He's like upper 60's as well. Go figure? I play with my kids all the time. My son is a video game addict so we have to regulate his play time. He would sit there all day if I let him. So we go out and ride bikes/ motorcycles alot.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

As a parent myself I like it fine. I dont like the reliability of it though. Launch 360 died within only 8 months...But im a huge gamer so I play all the time and my kids play lots as well....

We have 16 consoles here and 3 gaming pc's and around 1400 games.....So I as a parent enjoy it.

dooby95286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dooby95286
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts

As a parent myself I like it fine. I dont like the reliability of it though. Launch 360 died within only 8 months...But im a huge gamer so I play all the time and my kids play lots as well....

FunkyHeadHunter

Holy crap that's alot.

My mom also always calls everything a playstation as well. My dad knows a little bit about gaming but that's about it.

skelly7483

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skelly7483
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
I am a parent, I have a seven and 3 year old ( i'm only 26 ). I have owned every system ever made, exept the PS3. My seven year old and I play alot of games together, and were equally exited for Halo 3. I'm glad I play alot of games, so at least my son and I have something in common. Maybe when they get older it will be a link between us, so we can spend time together and I can have talks withthem that would be harder without it. Its alot of fun to see my son get exited about something that I am into as well. For his birthday he's getting a DS, and for Christmas his own Wii.
Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
both of my parents no what the systems and they both like some games on them my mom likes like wii sports animal crossing and viva pinita. My dads into like every sports game and like a couple of shooters caught his attention