What do you want in Mass effect 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pontiac-joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 pontiac-joe
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts
other than fixing the framerate
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Better Mako control and less repetitive side missions.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
better inventory,faster load times, better vehicle controls/handling.
linkrul3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 linkrul3s
Member since 2006 • 1954 Posts
Elevators need to be shorter, longer campaign, less repetitive side missions.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I wanna explore the various races home planets. I also want planets to actually be different. I thought to myself hm did i already go here? Whenever i visited a planet. Plus why can't there be more indigenous species? I saw very little animals in that game.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I think they could get rid of all those minor "goto a base on planet" side missions and give us one or two more big Noveria size planets. If the side missions actually took place on the real planets, they wouldn't get old.

Also, some sort of action mode where its endless waves of increasingly strong bad guys and boses. I really enjoy the combat. Online play would be cool. It doesn't have to be big. If you could get 2-8 people in a map (some would be as small as the room you fight Benezia in). The combat can stay exactly how it is. It'll reward people who pretty much memorize their menu layout and can flick/choose quickly under fire.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

- make it longer, i did the entire game first try and about half of the repetitive sidequests in 24 hours - THIS IS AN RPG

- fix the driving and add more vehicles

- when they say "you can go to all these planets" make it so that you can actually GO to them not just view their INFO

- better, more varied side quests that actually have some relavence to the plot

- an entire menu/inventory system overhaul

- the balance of the economics (money, the cost of weapons etc.) was all off, you had $100 and couldnt afford anything for 95% of the game - then right at the end i made 5 million in like 10 seconds - and bought everything

- make some "ultimate weapon" types - and give some of the weapons a feel of mysticism to them, not just the "NGR9000" ie. "The FROG" or something lol

- like you said, it was mainly the tech issues that hampered it - not just the load times but the texture pop-in and such

but in the end i still really enjoyed it and these problems should all be fixed up

REALLY looking forward to mass effect 2

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

- make it longer, i did the entire game first try and about half of the repetitive sidequests in 24 hours - THIS IS AN RPG

- fix the driving and add more vehicles

- when they say "you can go to all these planets" make it so that you can actually GO to them not just view their INFO

- better, more varied side quests that actually have some relavence to the plot

- an entire menu/inventory system overhaul

- the balance of the economics (money, the cost of weapons etc.) was all off, you had $100 and couldnt afford anything for 95% of the game - then right at the end i made 5 million in like 10 seconds - and bought everything

- make some "ultimate weapon" types - and give some of the weapons a feel of mysticism to them, not just the "NGR9000" ie. "The FROG" or something lol

- like you said, it was mainly the tech issues that hampered it - not just the load times but the texture pop-in and such

but in the end i still really enjoyed it and these problems should all be fixed up

REALLY looking forward to mass effect 2

BobSacamento

Just want to comment that your username is epic and Seinfeld=Greatness

jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
Fix the texture pop-in for sure.
haven79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 haven79
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

Better Mako control and less repetitive side missions.grunt1096

i loved everything they did, but i agree. the manko wasnt as bad as people make it out to be.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
Different shaped armor would of been cool (well, more options to make your Shepard look unique), better inventory system, a better variety of side quests, and more than just side boobs. :D
Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Double0hFor
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts
no mountains and more artifacts like the one where u get a story from the silver sphere thing
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BobSacamento

yeah the side missions in ME1 were pretty much just disc fillers

fly to this planet thats like a million squared meters for a piece of iron or something lol

gimme a break

vicscrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vicscrape
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Pretty much what the other people said

and also (believe it or not) I didnt like how you had a lot of team members but only be able to use 2 of them. So they could either make you use all of them (sounds hard managing all of them though) or just go make less characters

sounds wierd i know:D

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BobSacamento

couple other things popped into my head

i think they could definately use a more interesting load sequence - rather than that picture of the citadel every time

and maybe just tweak the shooting mechanics to make it a tad more shooter like, i remember shooting at enemies sometimes and it didnt register because it wasnt a direct hit or something, so maybe more target-specific damage

in the end though i really enjoyed the combat it had a nice feel to it

doberman20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 doberman20
Member since 2006 • 562 Posts
man on man action
Carroll-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Carroll-06
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
There are a few things I would like but one thing I really hope they improve, the AI. Seriously, the enemy AI wasn't so bad but your own squad I thought was awful even the fact that you could control where they went didn't help.
BigGhost_AJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 BigGhost_AJT
Member since 2004 • 928 Posts
Fix the Maxo mechanics. Fix the janky menu system because there's absolutely no excuse. More interesting side missions with more varied locales..how many arid wind-swept planets do I really need to see?? Some tie with the actions you took in Mass Effect 1.
resident-shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 resident-shell
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

It should have a GTA4-like targetting system. I really didn't like the combat in the game, loved the weapons, hated using them. Other than that, everything notable has been said. Even if the nature of the game doesn't change, as long as they fix the technical problems I'd probably be fine with it.

BigGhost_AJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BigGhost_AJT
Also optimize the squad command mechanic or scrap it all together.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
more character customization options, a way longer story, i want the renegade and paragon points to affect the gameplay and your character more. LESS repetition.
jettreed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jettreed10
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
longer campaign, i finished the first one in 13 hours, and they were saying its a huge world, but how come we couldnt explore the other half of it? unless we did those stupid side missions that no one liked. make better side mission and longer campaign for me
Solidsnake0802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Solidsnake0802
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts

There is a lot they could do to improve ME2.

First, I would start with the scope. While ME1 was supposed to feel like you were on the edge of space battling to prove that Saren was a horrible operative and to bring him down, I want more interaction. I want ME2 to feel like the end of the game (with massive space battles) and to have to make decisions that truely affect the game space. I want to feel that I am an elite spector whose decisions save lives or end them to accomplish a means.

Second, they need to fix the side quests. They were pretty boriing and I found myself doing them just to get the acheivements. I want to be able to go into a planet and solve a problem. I want more overall dealings with what is going on. Spectors from what I gather, have the ability to shape events and I want to feel that.

Thrid, they need to stay with decisions you made. I want my decisions to be aparent to the rest of ME2. If I saved the conciel great! If I didn't, I want to see that turmorial show up in the game with the concil being rebuilt.

kreider204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 kreider204
Member since 2003 • 2519 Posts
fewer and quicker elevators no recharge time for first aid kits (dumb idea) much better teammate AI a different button for running and context sensitive actions -- i hate running from enemies only to accidently shut a door in front of me, thus getting me killed . . .
Avatar image for penguinwarrior3
penguinwarrior3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 penguinwarrior3
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

Let you go to more planets, especially Earth.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
Elevators need to be shorter, longer campaign, less repetitive side missions.linkrul3s
the evelevators aint long to just make the buildings look tall its to hide loading times. personally id be more than happy with more of the same, even the glitches in the graphics never bothered me after like 15 mins coz the game just pulled me into the storyline. my only addition id like is to make the game like at least 2/3 times longer. multiple discs wudnt bother me, id settle for that but make it a longer game i can understand u cant goto all planents coz some are unhabitual realistically, although i was probs one of the many who assumed u cud goto every single one to do something. but a longer game wud do me sweet with more of the same
BigGhost_AJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BigGhost_AJT

I want to know more about the Quarians. For a game that spends so much time talking about its alien species there's surprisingly little interaction with them. I want to see a Quarian without its environmental mask...namely Tali raar.

Brak_N_Zorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Brak_N_Zorak
Member since 2003 • 969 Posts
Better Mako control and less repetitive side missions.grunt1096
i agree with that. i only did a few of those side missions when i played it the first time through but i might buy it from gamefly for 15 american dollars so i can do everything this time.
kreider204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 kreider204
Member since 2003 • 2519 Posts

I want to know more about the Quarians. For a game that spends so much time talking about its alien species there's surprisingly little interaction with them. I want to see a Quarian without its environmental mask...namely Tali raar.

BigGhost_AJT
LOL. I felt the same way about Tali -- she had a way better personality than the other chicks, I wondered what she looked like . . .