What do you want from Microsoft this E3?

• 70 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Hello my fellow Xbox gamers, I was wondering what you want from MS at E3 this year.

Here's what I want from MS...

I want to see FH4 (its pretty much a given)

Playground Games new game (rumoured to be Fable 4)

2 new IP's, at least one from the guys behind Gears 4, as we don't need another Gears right now and they need to do something new. As for another new IP, well they can pay for an existing dev not owned by MS to make a new game like they did with Ryse, ReCore, Sunset Overdrive etc.

Announce the creation of at least 2 (minimum) new studios.

Sequels to older games they have lying around like a Brute Force 2, PGR 5, Rallisport 3, Lost Odyssey 2, Blue Dragon, Sunset Overdrive 2 etc.

Not a lot of talking about games just vision of them.

Now for you're thoughts ladies & gentlemen.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I want halo 6 or another reach/ODST, fable and 2 new ips. Ive got a feeling we will see halo 6 and atleast 1 new ip probably a jrpg though im not a fan of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:

I want halo 6 or another reach/ODST, fable and 2 new ips. Ive got a feeling we will see halo 6 and atleast 1 new ip probably a jrpg though im not a fan of them.

Playground games are rumoured to be making Fable 4.

Cboy95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Cboy95
Member since 2017 • 180 Posts

Maybe some interesting new IPs and maybe some japanese developed games.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Halo

Fable 4

Forza Horizon 4

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Left 4 Dead 3,Halo:Reach,Halo 6,new IP's.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

The rumored stuff sounds good:
Perfect Dark reboot
Fable 4
FH4

They need more Japanese 3rd party support. Hopefully we'll truely see that this year with them getting games like Yakuza to launch on Xbox and some JRPGs. New IPs are also good.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 robert_sparkes

Would love to play a yazuka if any get ported to Xbox. Always a series that interested me. Perfect dark reboot would be brilliant as well as some new announced IP. Personally I don't think any will come this gen I think it's all geared up towards next gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@robert_sparkes: Is Yakuza a sandbox/open world game?

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Games. Any games at this point. But I'd be more hyped for another project from Rare(unlikely given Sea of THieve's recent release). I did read some rumors on Reddit about a possible Banjo Kazooie remaster in the vein of the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot ones that would have me SUPER excited too.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Hello my fellow Xbox gamers, I was wondering what you want from MS at E3 this year.

2 new IP's, at least one from the guys behind Gears 4, as we don't need another Gears right now and they need to do something new. As for another new IP, well they can pay for an existing dev not owned by MS to make a new game like they did with Ryse, ReCore, Sunset Overdrive etc.

Sequels to older games they have lying around like a Brute Force 2, PGR 5, Rallisport 3, Lost Odyssey 2, Blue Dragon, Sunset Overdrive 2 etc.

I was thinking about this the other day mate, and I just don't know if they will announce stuff like that this year. We might get 1 of these announcements, but I think most of the rumoured stuff (ie. Fable reboot, new Santa Monica studio etc) indicates that they are still quite far out. And Phil Spencer has said that he doesn't want to announce stuff too early. So I'm thinking they'll save announcements like that for next year etc.

But I do think that they should at least announce that they are opening a new studio (or studios), and maybe bring the head of the studio out and just let people know that it's happening (I think the audience would go nuts if they said "we're opening a new studio and we're going to make SP-focused games").

Anyway, what do you think?

But as for my wants:

• Forza Horizon 4 (set in Japan!)
  • Halo 6 teaser (I have a feeling it will be a 2019 game, and won't be a direct sequel to 5)
  • Ori & the Will of the Wisps gameplay & release date (hopefully 2018!)
  • Sunset Overdrive 2 (this would go over huge for Xbox fans, but doubt it's going to happen)
  • Perfect Dark reboot (maybe by the Coalition)
  • ReCore 2 (but give it a bigger budget & flesh it out more)

..that's the main stuff anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I was thinking about this the other day mate, and I just don't know if they will announce stuff like that this year. We might get 1 of these announcements, but I think most of the rumoured stuff (ie. Fable reboot, new Santa Monica studio etc) indicates that they are still quite far out. And Phil Spencer has said that he doesn't want to announce stuff too early. So I'm thinking they'll save announcements like that for next year etc.

But I do think that they should at least announce that they are opening a new studio (or studios), and maybe bring the head of the studio out and just let people know that it's happening (I think the audience would go nuts if they said "we're opening a new studio and we're going to make SP-focused games").

But as for my wants:

• Halo 6 teaser (I have a feeling it will be a 2019 game, and won't be a direct sequel to 5)
  • Sunset Overdrive 2 (this would go over huge for Xbox fans, but doubt it's going to happen)

I'm looking for them to announce new studios and even if they just say that these new studios are in the process of making new IP's is enough for most people, we don't really need to see trailers just confirmation that there are indeed games in the making.

As for the Coalition it was rumoured that they were making a new IP before MS bought the Gears franchise and shifted them to Gears 4, I don't think they should do a reboot of a game they've never worked on before, let them work on that rumoured game. The problem with the Coalition is that they're stuck making content updates to Gears 4.

As for FH4 yeah I believe it will be set in Japan, cherry blossom tress combined with all those neon lights of the city would be awesome.

Japan should be part of the MS strategy, they don't need every game to come out of Japan but games like Neir Automata etc should be on the list of games to get, even if they fund the ports themselves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@cboy95 said:

That's good and all but how do you define "interesting" because that's a very vague term

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I want them to give another japanese game a chance. They took our Scalebound, give us something else, a JRPG or something like that. Lost Odyssey 2 would be awesome.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

But as for my wants:

I'm looking for them to announce new studios and even if they just say that these new studios are in the process of making new IP's is enough for most people, we don't really need to see trailers just confirmation that there are indeed games in the making.

As for the Coalition it was rumoured that they were making a new IP before MS bought the Gears franchise and shifted them to Gears 4, I don't think they should do a reboot of a game they've never worked on before, let them work on that rumoured game. The problem with the Coalition is that they're stuck making content updates to Gears 4.

As for FH4 yeah I believe it will be set in Japan, cherry blossom tress combined with all those neon lights of the city would be awesome.

Japan should be part of the MS strategy, they don't need every game to come out of Japan but games like Neir Automata etc should be on the list of games to get, even if they fund the ports themselves.

Yeah, agreed.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

Gears 5 but I have a feeling Halo 6 will show this year, next year gears 5. Gears is the main reason I have a xb1. However I don't mind Halo 6, anything great multiplayer is appreciated. A list of the games I'm hoping to see:

Gears 5/Halo 6

Killer Instinct 2

Dead or Alive 6

Sunset Overdrive 2

New Perfect Dark

Blue Dragon 2/Lost Odyssey 2

Then last but not least...a bunch of New IP's.

Shoutouts to Microsoft for having their conference on Sundays, when majority of ppl are actually home instead of during the week mid day. Let's hope we all get what we wish for, game on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

I would also like to see MS announce the scrapping of play anywhere, for me that does nothing but hurt the Xbox brand, and if they're serious about keeping the Xbox brand alive then it needs to go.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes

Halo 6

Perfect dark

Conker 2

Sunset Overdrive 2

FH 4 Tokyo

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily said:

I would also like to see MS announce the scrapping of play anywhere, for me that does nothing but hurt the Xbox brand, and if they're serious about keeping the Xbox brand alive then it needs to go.

Gotta disagree there mate... I don't see how putting the games on PC as well hurts us console gamers in any way. The more copies they sell, the more $$ they make and hopefully leads to bigger budgets for games in the future.

Xbox isn't just a console anymore, it's a platform.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Gotta disagree there mate... I don't see how putting the games on PC as well hurts us console gamers in any way. The more copies they sell, the more $$ they make and hopefully leads to bigger budgets for games in the future.

Xbox isn't just a console anymore, it's a platform.

Well in that case they may as well put their games on PS4 & Switch then right?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 npiet1

@hrt_rulz01:agreed, 90% of people use Windows 10 its only logical that it would be beneficial for ms for people to use the store instead of steam. a lot of people thought that due to steams size no one woud take them over but gog has put a huge dent in them over the past couple years due to gog being free of drm, which ms has surely noticed, while the Xbox store isnt drm free it sure hides it very well. it also has the added benifit of crossplay which people use a lot since splitscreen has gone

@i_p_daily: ps4 no, they dont want crossplay, Nintendo maybe unlikly though but, they have agreed for crossplay and seems the only way for it to work would be to have 1 login for both consoles it would be ms, which i can see Nintendo agreeing to as there online services are terrible as it is and they havee been talking to each other for awhile. things ms owns have also been appearing in nintendo games more and more like banjo in smash. ms has said they would like something in return.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:

@hrt_rulz01:agreed, 90% of people use Windows 10 its only logical that it would be beneficial for ms for people to use the store instead of steam. a lot of people thought that due to steams size no one woud take them over but gog has put a huge dent in them over the past couple years due to gog being free of drm, which ms has surely noticed, while the Xbox store isnt drm free it sure hides it very well. it also has the added benifit of crossplay which people use a lot since splitscreen has gone

@i_p_daily: ps4 no, they dont want crossplay, Nintendo maybe unlikly though but, they have agreed for crossplay and seems the only way for it to work would be to have 1 login for both consoles it would be ms, which i can see Nintendo agreeing to as there online services are terrible as it is and they havee been talking to each other for awhile. things ms owns have also been appearing in nintendo games more and more like banjo in smash. ms has said they would like something in return.

It makes more sense for MS to keep its games to Xbox, it makes PC gamers purchase the console AND the game, it also makes PC games pay for gold to play MP on these games, so they would make more money doing it that way. Giving PC gamers games without having them pay for the console & gold would make them less money.

The way MS is doing it now doesn't reward its Xbox customers for their loyalty, it gives other gamers who pay a lot less more benefits. And come E3 MS will show all Xbox games that will also be on PC, and yet will show a game that will be exclusive to PC, for me this is arse backwards, support the customers who support you, and that isn't PC gamers.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 npiet1

@i_p_daily: no company makes very much money on console sales and at the time of realse even, it cost more to produce the ps4 then what they where getting back. they make a lot more money on game sales Surprising since xbox has no real exlusives. also pc porting is a lot easier than the other way around. there also generating money from gamepass on both pc and xbox. plus they cant charge for mp on pc because of competition. then theres only people who play pc or xbox which leads back to my first point.

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#25 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

Whatver they do, they need to bring it this year. Halo 6 is a must.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily: Lol, no. They're aren't MS devices :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily: no company makes very much money on console sales and at the time of realse even, it cost more to produce the ps4 then what they where getting back. they make a lot more money on game sales Surprising since xbox has no real exlusives. also pc porting is a lot easier than the other way around. there also generating money from gamepass on both pc and xbox. plus they cant charge for mp on pc because of competition. then theres only people who play pc or xbox which leads back to my first point.

Play anywhere needs to go, and MS needs to make an effort to bring Xbox back to its glory throughout the 360 years.

As it stands MS has poor support from the west a problem they didn't have in the 360 era, no exclusives for the last few years and going forward. It devalues the Xbox brand massively when they should be trying to rebuild it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: Lol, no. They're aren't MS devices :)

MS tried the PC route last gen with GFWL and failed, and yet they're trying to chase that fools gold again and us Xbox gamers are the ones paying for it.

Think about this for a second, MS are making a PC exclusive, yes funding a game that as an Xbox gamer I need a PC to play, and yet we have no exclusives and are playing on a dedicated gaming system.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By npiet1

@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

Play anywhere needs to go, and MS needs to make an effort to bring Xbox back to its glory throughout the 360 years.

As it stands MS has poor support from the west a problem they didn't have in the 360 era, no exclusives for the last few years and going forward. It devalues the Xbox brand massively when they should be trying to rebuild it.

Yes they need to make exclusives, but I still don't see why play anywhere needs to go you haven't explained why, when It only applies to people who have both a decent PC, and Xbox. I expect to see exclusives this year at e3, which is the only reason they are failing now.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Q: "Hello my fellow Xbox gamers, I was wondering what you want from MS at E3 this year?"

A: Something :)

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 robert_sparkes

Anything.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily: I get your point, but I'm a little more optimistic :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: I get your point, but I'm a little more optimistic :)

I just find play anywhere as a slap in the face as an Xbox owner and an easy out for MS as in make less games but more money.

hopefully they announce a heap of new games at E3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

Yes they need to make exclusives, but I still don't see why play anywhere needs to go you haven't explained why, when It only applies to people who have both a decent PC, and Xbox. I expect to see exclusives this year at e3, which is the only reason they are failing now.

It devalues the Xbox brand, and by less gamers buying games on Xbox and buying them on PC the less Xbox's will be sold and then that affects the third party games it will get, and also the support it will get from the East, its not hard to understand.

And there will be no exclusives for Xbox this year, but there will be one for PC from MS which again devalues the Xbox brand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@dr_vancouver said:

Q: "Hello my fellow Xbox gamers, I was wondering what you want from MS at E3 this year?"

A: Something :)

@robert_sparkes said:

Anything.

Either be specific or take it to System Wars as I'm looking for genuine discussion not the above.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 npiet1

@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

It devalues the Xbox brand, and by less gamers buying games on Xbox and buying them on PC the less Xbox's will be sold and then that affects the third party games it will get, and also the support it will get from the East, its not hard to understand.

And there will be no exclusives for Xbox this year, but there will be one for PC from MS which again devalues the Xbox brand.

how does it devaule the brand when they are exdending it? most people have one or the other its not as common for people to have both (pcs that can handle games). a lot people just like the plug n play of consoles. i dont think its really going to affect sales of the consoles since some by them as a dvd/streaming/tv tuner replacement or they dont have a pc. and it nice that i can game with the misses agian since splitscreens gone. whats the ms pc game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

how does it devaule the brand when they are exdending it? most people have one or the other its not as common for people to have both (pcs that can handle games). a lot people just like the plug n play of consoles. i dont think its really going to affect sales of the consoles since some by them as a dvd/streaming/tv tuner replacement or they dont have a pc. and it nice that i can game with the misses agian since splitscreens gone. whats the ms pc game?

There was a lot of PC owners who owned a 360 last gen and even bought an XB1 this gen to play games likes Gears, Halo, Forza etc, but once MS went play anywhere program they sold them and now just buy them on PC, which means less console sales and less gold subs, and with less console sales it devalues the Xbox brand how do you not get this as its not rocket science.

As for the game that MS is making exclusive to PC its Age of Empires 4 which is a direct slap in the face to me, because I have supported MS with buying all its consoles and a vast majority of its first party games, a gold subscriber for 10yrs, and they announce no more Xbox exclusives but yet announce a PC exclusive, if that's not a slap in the face to its Xbox fanbase nothing is.

Again it devalues the Xbox brand. What I feel MS should do is leave its console games exclusive to Xbox like the games I mentioned above, and create games for its PC side like its flying simulators and the like and not cross over the two.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 npiet1

@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:

how does it devaule the brand when they are exdending it? most people have one or the other its not as common for people to have both (pcs that can handle games). a lot people just like the plug n play of consoles. i dont think its really going to affect sales of the consoles since some by them as a dvd/streaming/tv tuner replacement or they dont have a pc. and it nice that i can game with the misses agian since splitscreens gone.

There was a lot of PC owners who owned a 360 last gen and even bought an XB1 this gen to play games likes Gears, Halo, Forza etc, but once MS went play anywhere program they sold them and now just buy them on PC, which means less console sales and less gold subs, and with less console sales it devalues the Xbox brand how do you not get this as its not rocket science.

As for the game that MS is making exclusive to PC its Age of Empires 4 which is a direct slap in the face to me, because I have supported MS with buying all its consoles and a vast majority of its first party games, a gold subscriber for 10yrs, and they announce no more Xbox exclusives but yet announce a PC exclusive, if that's not a slap in the face to its Xbox fanbase nothing is.

Again it devalues the Xbox brand. What I feel MS should do is leave its console games exclusive to Xbox like the games I mentioned above, and create games for its PC side like its flying simulators and the like and not cross over the two.

It's not as common as you think for people to get both an xbox and PC obviously if there on a forum the chances go up but the average consumers won't. The average person is more likely to get a console.

That's just a age of empires game developed by thq. Would you like it on xbox. They tried with SOT and SOD2 but failed, they will try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@npiet1 said:

how does it devaule the brand when they are exdending it? most people have one or the other its not as common for people to have both (pcs that can handle games). a lot people just like the plug n play of consoles. i dont think its really going to affect sales of the consoles since some by them as a dvd/streaming/tv tuner replacement or they dont have a pc. and it nice that i can game with the misses agian since splitscreens gone.

It's not as common as you think for people to get both an xbox and PC obviously if there on a forum the chances go up but the average consumers won't. The average person is more likely to get a console.

That's just a age of empires game developed by thq. Would you like it on xbox. They tried with SOT and SOD2 but failed, they will try again.

You didn't read the link did you? MS are paying Relic to make a game exclusively for PC I have no clue where you got THQ from as they don't exist anymore, and nowhere did I say I want this game on Xbox.

I do feel its a slap in the face to me as a person who supports MS and have bought every console of theirs for them to put effort into the PC.

Also last gen PC gamers did have Xbox 360's to play its exclusives like Halo, but this gen are just devaluing the Xbox.

Hopefully MS brings it with first party and opening game studio announcements.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 npiet1

@i_p_daily: But that's 1 pc still there's so they should get games for it we already had sea of thieves and state of decay. Its not really a slap in the face. But yeah hopefully they bring something good at e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily: But that's 1 pc still there's so they should get games for it we already had sea of thieves and state of decay. Its not really a slap in the face. But yeah hopefully they bring something good at e3

Both State of Decay & Sea of Thieves are also on PC though, and PC also got an Age of Empires remaster last year. Xbox is its primary platform whereas MS have been just dabbling (and failing) in the PC gaming space for a decade.

I'd like to bet that if it was MS with 80 million consoles sold there would not be a play anywhere, its because they're losing it exists to try and maximise profits.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 robert_sparkes

Have heard some reports from various YouTube channels saying there will be no new IP at E3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@robert_sparkes: Well then that settles it because as we all know YouTube is the authority when it comes to all things gaming.

/sarcasm.

YouTube like Gamespot post click bait stuff to get views, that's pretty much all they do. I don't think MS would be stupid enough not to announce any new games at gaming's biggest event.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01

@robert_sparkes said:

Have heard some reports from various YouTube channels saying there will be no new IP at E3.

Well that's it then... can't get more concrete evidence than that. Lol.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@cboy95 said:

This and Perfect Dark

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 robert_sparkes

I wouldn't mind a new Ninja Gaiden thinking of Japanese games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@robert_sparkes said:

I wouldn't mind a new Ninja Gaiden thinking of Japanese games.

Sounds good, but didn't the guy who made number 2 on 360 leave Tecmo shortly afterwards? and from all reports 3 was terrible.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By robert_sparkes

You are indeed right I wouldn't say 3 was trash it just wasn't at the bevel of the others.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 robert_sparkes

There are some good jspg's from the original Xbox I would like another blue dragon but doubt very much that will ever happen. Realistic expectations I would love a perfect dark in the 3rd person rumours the new studio under Gallagher are doing great it.