What Do I Need To Do To Get Online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shatin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Shatin
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

might be buying another 360. never had xbox live though through both xbox gens. time to step my game up. so if i wanted a wireless connection what do i need? or is everything there for me right out of the box?

drocka11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 drocka11
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
Well, you will need a router and modem. A internet connection/service provider. And an X-BOX Wireless Internet Connector($100)
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

A solid high speed int service. (pref cable) and xbox gold membership, which is free for the first month and $8 a mo. or $50 a yr. You can either hook up directly by a ethernet cable (provided) or buy a wireless adapter.

Shatin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shatin
ehh that puts a damper on things. thanks for quick answers
Shatin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shatin

I know you guys have got more important things to think about, but this is indeed my last chance to get a 360

My situation is this. My 360 is in my basement. But my computer and router are upstairs on the middle floor. There is one of those phone jack things that you plug your phone into on the wall in the basement. Is it possible to buy another router and connect it in the basement? The whole technology thing just goes over my head guys, help me out.

Bakakage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bakakage
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

Just a get another router and use it as a wireless network bridge. I never set one up before but I it as simple as turning the wireless bridge option in the routers settings. Just make sure the router you get has a wireless bridge option, and from there you can just hook your 360 to the wireless bridge router via ethernet cord. Also just to let you know the wireless bridge router does not have to be plugged in to your phone jack, just plugging it to the ac will suffice.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

It's possible to use multiple routers but that might make you lag. Try and see if the signal strenght is strong enough from your computer router to basement. I know older router's signals aren't great, but newer models have pretty good signal radius.

Bakakage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bakakage
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts

Nah, you wont lag as long as you got decent enough internet speed. A 40 - 50 dollar router should be good.

Shatin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shatin

Just a get another router and use it as a wireless network bridge. I never set one up before but I it as simple as turning the wireless bridge option in the routers settings. Just make sure the router you get has a wireless bridge option, and from there you can just hook your 360 to the wireless bridge router via ethernet cord. Also just to let you know the wireless bridge router does not have to be plugged in to your phone jack, just plugging it to the ac will suffice.

Bakakage
Thanks, this solution seems legit
hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
or just shop around you can find the 360 wireless adaptor for around 40 bucks, that is what i paid for mine
Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

You could always go the poor man's route and purchase a 100ft network cable and drill holes through the floor :P