What are the best games to play in HD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neubert81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 neubert81
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

After a very long and impatient wait of saving and frustration, I ordered a plasma tv.

What games look the best?

I already own..

Ace Combat 6

Left 4 Dead

Mass Effect

Fallout 3

Fable 2

Gears of War 2

and Resident Evil 5.

Are there any other suggestions? Possibly older games that aren't as pricey? Any help is appreciated.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

If you're going just for looks, rent Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 2. Bioshock looks really good too, but that is worth buying, in my opinion.

Honestly, I have a 42" LCD and everything I own looks fantastic. Well... except Earth Defense 2017, or whatever it is called... and Halo 3 isn'tthat impressive...

Rev

BenBenBen93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 BenBenBen93
Member since 2007 • 828 Posts

mass effect you will se an unbelievable diffrence in HD witch is what made me eventually get HD

mmielnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 mmielnik
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts

Gears of War 1 & 2, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Bioshock, Ace Combat 6, Call of Duty 4, Star Wars: the Force Unleashed, Burnout Paradise, Unreal Tournament 3, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3 all look amazing.

armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

all of them!

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

DiRT and GRID look fantastic as does Pure! Those games should be seen in HD fo sho! The other games people listed are awesome too.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
really any good looks good in HD.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Resident Evil 5
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
all of them
my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

mass effect you will se an unbelievable diffrence in HD witch is what made me eventually get HD

BenBenBen93

When I first got my HDTV I I popped in Mass Effect which I had just gotten as well. Well, imagine my surprise when Mass Effect looked dirty and blurry. I continued playin for like, 2 hours, complaining the whole time about the graininess. I finnally got curious and checked the video options and Lo and Behold!! ... The Film Grain option was toggle on!! I turned it off and WOW was the difference clear. Crisp and smooth.

Gears 2 dropped my jaw. As did COD: WAW (first level when the flares pop up and the Japanese ambush you for the first time :) Best looking game so far is a tie between Dead Space and RE 5.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
All games look good in HD. If you're asking what games show the biggest difference from SD to HD I'm not sure. Last time I played a 360 game in SD was 2005. I did notice a huge improvement in the way Kameo looked back then. It has a demo on Live if you want to check it out. If you're looking for something more realistic COD4 looks really good too. Other than that as someone already mentioned Bioshock looks great but IMO you already have the best looking game on 360. Resident Evil 5.
Jordanaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jordanaire
Member since 2005 • 650 Posts

Resident Evil 5

Gears of War 2

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Dead Space

... and many others look good in HD!

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

[QUOTE="BenBenBen93"]

my_mortal_coil

When I first got my HDTV I I popped in Mass Effect which I had just gotten as well. Well, imagine my surprise when Mass Effect looked dirty and blurry. I continued playin for like, 2 hours, complaining the whole time about the graininess. I finnally got curious and checked the video options and Lo and Behold!! ... The Film Grain option was toggle on!! I turned it off and WOW was the difference clear. Crisp and smooth.

Gears 2 dropped my jaw. As did COD: WAW (first level when the flares pop up and the Japanese ambush you for the first time :) Best looking game so far is a tie between Dead Space and RE 5.

Yeah they over did the film grain a bit, thing is for some reason some HDTV's it looks great others it looks terrible. Would have been better if it was just very slight or gave you an option to turn it down instead completely off because it looks sick when it's not looking like you're in the middle of a swarm of bugs. Killzone 2 (yeah for PS3 I know) I found did it just right: you could only notice the grain if you really looked for it on light sources,otherwise it was subliminal and you'd never notice it even if you played the whole game, but the great thing it did was cover up the aliasing-issue of 'shimmering' edges, and made it seem like it was from a real source. Hoping they do something like that for ME2.
lolnades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 lolnades
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

gears 2 looks godly in my opinion compared to SDTV quality