What a great Update.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

twitch_M2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 twitch_M2
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts
I mean just perfect, I now takes a incradable 4 mins(Roughly) just to see the dashbored. then another 4 mins to get my friends list to show up properly, that's amazing. Oh and I forgot the new Location system. Now you have no idea of where people come from. OH AND AGAIN MORE LOADING JUST TO VIEW MY FRIENDS CARD/ACHIVMENTS. NICE ONE.

Loading Times like these belong on school computers not a console. The market plase is neet tho, but every thing eles. RUINED
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

Sounds like the servers are being slow, remember it your Xbox is constantly connected to the interwebs at all time and it needs to retrieve that data.

Yes Xbox Live is slow at the moment, (wasn't this morning), with the new update. MS should get round to sorting it out.

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
and here i thought it was just my 360.... yeah it's annoying to travel around the 360 menu now:(
twitch_M2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 twitch_M2
Sorry for going crazy there but man its so slow. I have to wait god knows how long to actuly start my game now. Luckaly I have Hotel Dusk to keep me busy till MS fix this quite bad cock up. and also....I donot care if some community man is inside my xbox. Shooo
adams_73717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 adams_73717
Member since 2004 • 1660 Posts

its xbox live. i cant get into a match on cod4 or any other game. it gets me into a lobby then boots us out

when your not connected very thing runs perfectly

twitch_M2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 twitch_M2
I have to admit the new market place is cool, Download ond xbox 1 games, and Movies(even tho there are none up) but apart from that, every thing eles suffers, best get fixed by Cristmas
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts
I totally agree with adams... maybe if they take an extra 2 months to make this "FALL" update, it shouldn't be so badly optimized and freaking microsoft should have enough money to afford enough servers so that everything does take an hour to load.
SizeMatterzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SizeMatterzz
Member since 2007 • 1858 Posts
Sorry for going crazy there but man its so slow. I have to wait god knows how long to actuly start my game now. Luckaly I have Hotel Dusk to keep me busy till MS fix this quite bad cock up. and also....I donot care if some community man is inside my xbox. Shoootwitch_M2
Runs fine for me......
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

[QUOTE="twitch_M2"]Sorry for going crazy there but man its so slow. I have to wait god knows how long to actuly start my game now. Luckaly I have Hotel Dusk to keep me busy till MS fix this quite bad cock up. and also....I donot care if some community man is inside my xbox. ShoooSizeMatterzz
Runs fine for me......

Region? UK? USA? etc

ComBaTsOuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ComBaTsOuL
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

[QUOTE="twitch_M2"]Sorry for going crazy there but man its so slow. I have to wait god knows how long to actuly start my game now. Luckaly I have Hotel Dusk to keep me busy till MS fix this quite bad cock up. and also....I donot care if some community man is inside my xbox. ShoooSizeMatterzz
Runs fine for me......

i was going to say the same thing, its running like lightning on my 360....

Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
Fast as usual? Or faster?
twitch_M2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 twitch_M2
UK
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
And I thought you could see friends of friends?
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I thought this update let you delete arcade game demos from your profile? Anyone know how to do it?
adams_73717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 adams_73717

I totally agree with adams... maybe if they take an extra 2 months to make this "FALL" update, it shouldn't be so badly optimized and freaking microsoft should have enough money to afford enough servers so that everything does take an hour to load.simardbrad
well what is causing it is every one got home from work/school and started downloading the update all at onece and with every one already online playing or trying to play. is laging the servers down.
microsoft doesnt expect 50 billion + people to log in at one time. and to start downloading the update. even web sites do it when they get a lot of traffic. it doesnt matter if they have 100 servers. the amount of traffic can still lag them down

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

I agree, takes longer to view everything.

And I know pretty much all of you guys won't agree with me, but why do we need all these features. yea sure they are nice, but next to pointless. Viewing my friends of friends was cool until I went through the people who I just wanted to see if I needed to add anyone to my friends list from theirs. But now its useless. I wish they would spend the time and effort to improving the servers.

councelor12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 councelor12
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

it's like all things, it'll be horrible for a little while, but they'll get it going. i mean, it is still new and everyone's getting the update and stuff. so i'm sure it'll sort out soon.

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts

I mean just perfect, I now takes a incradable 4 mins(Roughly) just to see the dashbored. then another 4 mins to get my friends list to show up properly, that's amazing. Oh and I forgot the new Location system. Now you have no idea of where people come from. OH AND AGAIN MORE LOADING JUST TO VIEW MY FRIENDS CARD/ACHIVMENTS. NICE ONE.

Loading Times like these belong on school computers not a console. The market plase is neet tho, but every thing eles. RUINEDtwitch_M2

i guess thats what happens when ur using windows 98 macintosh to run xbox live

xD

niisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 niisan
Member since 2006 • 413 Posts

I got the update late last night and its been running fine. Better than fine, it is so much quicker than before. Menus appear and load so much faster now.

I'm in Australia btw.

adams_73717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 adams_73717

I got the update late last night and its been running fine. Better than fine, it is so much quicker than before. Menus appear and load so much faster now.

I'm in Australia btw.

niisan

I have to agree on the menuess and dashboard loading and poping up faster. i even like the fade effect when you start a game from the dashboard
Gravity_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gravity_2
Member since 2004 • 440 Posts
i found it runnin slow but that was when i downloaded the update about 5hrs ago so dont no what its like now
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
Its just for today
dooby95286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dooby95286
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
mine is running just fine it not slower or anything. I live in Canada.
haadurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 haadurin
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts

Great job, M$, not only did you fix something that wasn't BROKEN, but you BORKED everything GOOD about the dashboard, WHICH WASN'T MUCH.

Xelyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xelyk
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts

Great job, M$, not only did you fix something that wasn't BROKEN, but you BORKED everything GOOD about the dashboard, WHICH WASN'T MUCH.

haadurin

What you expect? It's M$. I heard the next update Bill Gates is gonna come to your house and punch your mother. But really this is getting old and fast.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I got bored of waiting for the FL to show up and just switched it off.
MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="twitch_M2"]I mean just perfect, I now takes a incradable 4 mins(Roughly) just to see the dashbored. then another 4 mins to get my friends list to show up properly, that's amazing. Oh and I forgot the new Location system. Now you have no idea of where people come from. OH AND AGAIN MORE LOADING JUST TO VIEW MY FRIENDS CARD/ACHIVMENTS. NICE ONE.

Loading Times like these belong on school computers not a console. The market plase is neet tho, but every thing eles. RUINEDsly_fiz

i guess thats what happens when ur using windows 98 macintosh to run xbox live

xD

Windows 98 macintosh? If you can show me a legitimate software box with Windows 98 macintosh written on it, I'll give you $10.