What a dissapointment!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattllv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattllv
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

Have you guys seen the reviews for all the new games coming out? Nothing seems to be getting over a 7 or 8. I was really looking forward to Kane and Lynch, but now I think I might just rent it along with Blacksite Area 51 and Assasins Creed. I think the only game I will be buying that is coming out this week will be Soldiers of Fortune, has anyone played it yet?

ILLETE 702

Cujo31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Cujo31
Member since 2002 • 2884 Posts
What about Mass Effect?
Cramer8775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cramer8775
Member since 2006 • 77 Posts
Assanis Creed got a 9 and Editors Choice... Although, yeah, Kane and Lynch is dissapointing.
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

Assanis Creed got a 9 and Editors Choice... Although, yeah, Kane and Lynch is dissapointing.Cramer8775

yea but the average score is 8.4. which isn't bad per say, but not what people wanted to hear with all the hype sourrounding it. this thread is most likely gonna get locked up due to the fact that there's already an AC stciky up.

ReaperXxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReaperXxxx
Member since 2006 • 1713 Posts

[QUOTE="Cramer8775"]Assanis Creed got a 9 and Editors Choice... Although, yeah, Kane and Lynch is dissapointing.eddy5791

yea but the average score is 8.4. which isn't bad per say, but not what people wanted to hear with all the hype sourrounding it. this thread is most likely gonna get locked up due to the fact that there's already an AC stciky up.

True, although adding a sticky for a game thread and expecting no other threads to be started is idiotic on the mods part. Once the thread gets past like 8 or 10 pages everything just gets lost. I always hated that practice. Maybe they hired smarter moderators recently and it'll remain unlocked.
kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 kingobaid
Member since 2006 • 1399 Posts

assassins creed is a rent.

army of two will be better than kane and lynch.

just get mass effect next week or call of duty 4

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
man DO NOT buy soldier of Fortune!!!! my friend just bought it today and after installing and playing a little bit IMMEDIATELY wanted to return it.... there is no chat whatsoever in multiplayer (voice or text)... and its almost a broken game he said... heed my words... he was a huge fan of the originals but says this one pales in comparison, he was very disappointed
BelatedNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BelatedNoob
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts

Have you guys seen the reviews for all the new games coming out? Nothing seems to be getting over a 7 or 8. I was really looking forward to Kane and Lynch, but now I think I might just rent it along with Blacksite Area 51 and Assasins Creed. I think the only game I will be buying that is coming out this week will be Soldiers of Fortune, has anyone played it yet?

ILLETE 702

mattllv
carddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 carddude
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts
I know! The worst part is that my friends make fun of me because I'll want one game one moment, and then shun it becuase its overhyped the next day.
gamerfreak13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 gamerfreak13
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts
I feel the exact opposite. Most of the new games are getting a 9. COD4, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect (most likely), plus many more on other consoles. Great year for gaming!
meangoldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 meangoldfish
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

Assanis Creed got a 9 and Editors Choice... Although, yeah, Kane and Lynch is dissapointing.Cramer8775

yeah, that sounds kind of fishy to me.

IGN gave it a 7.7 and 1Up gave it a 7.6.

Gamespot is a lot higher than I have seen anywhere else.

stevenmejia007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stevenmejia007
Member since 2004 • 896 Posts

ILLETE 702

mattllv

my guess is that Soldiers of Fortune will get between 6.0 and 8.0 as a far as reviews are coming out, and dont get high hopes with Mass Effect score either.

BelatedNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BelatedNoob
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts

I know! The worst part is that my friends make fun of me because I'll want one game one moment, and then shun it becuase its overhyped the next day.carddude

For sure...xD

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

I gotAssassins Creedand Im playing it now, its amazing.

Im getting Mass Effect in a week

Im borrowing Kane And Lynch after my friend beats it.

jorgedodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jorgedodo
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts

ILLETE 702

mattllv
meangoldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meangoldfish
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

I got Mass Effect and Im playing it now, its amazing.

Im getting Mass Effect in a weekShade-Blade

?

Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

I got Mass Effect and Im playing it now, its amazing.

Im getting Mass Effect in a week

Im borrowing Kane And Lynch after my friend beats it.

Shade-Blade

I think you mean Assassins Creed if I'm not Mistaken.

Kane and Lynch was sad, I expected better, but Army of Two does look very promising, Mass Effect is just, Yummy, COD4 is a blas to play, expecially online, and Assassins Creed seems to be getting mixed reviews but the general concensus is that it is a good game.

With all that said im happy with the way things are going.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
Yea, I meant Assassins Creed lol. I saw the second post which said Mass Effect and I was writing that at the same time and I got mixed up. Ill change that now but thanks for catching the mistake.
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Mass Effect; you have to get it. As for Solider of Fortune I hope its good. If it gets decent reviews I might buy it.
i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
i wnated kane and lynch to score high :(
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
[QUOTE="mattllv"]

ILLETE 702

stevenmejia007

my guess is that Soldiers of Fortune will get between 6.0 and 8.0 as a far as reviews are coming out, and dont get high hopes with Mass Effect score either.

:o dude i cant believe you siad dont get high hopes with mass effect:o. please that game will get 9's everywhere. GI already gave it a 9.5.It's in the top 3 for GoTY for sure. "dont get high hopes":lol: that was a good one.

GuitarsOfWarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 GuitarsOfWarr
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts
I'm expecting an 8.5 for Mass Effect, Gamespot just has become more critical since the new rating system and some of the combat based problems mentioned in Game Informer I think will have a much greater effect on the score here.
lt_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lt_04
Member since 2004 • 210 Posts
yea Kane & lynch is a big disappointment, looks like I will be buying Army of two instead , ME and AC for now
PapaSmurf831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PapaSmurf831
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

man DO NOT buy soldier of Fortune!!!! my friend just bought it today and after installing and playing a little bit IMMEDIATELY wanted to return it.... there is no chat whatsoever in multiplayer (voice or text)... and its almost a broken game he said... heed my words... he was a huge fan of the originals but says this one pales in comparison, he was very disappointedajefferism
You dont tell me what to do

xbxjetraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#26 xbxjetraider
Member since 2004 • 1522 Posts

assassins creed is a rent.

army of two will be better than kane and lynch.

just get mass effect next week or call of duty 4

kingobaid

Army of Two will flop. It's almost a garuntee. Anyone who expected Kane & Lynch to be any good must be new to gaming. Previews usually end in "This game is shaping upto be good".

Consider this. The bigger the marketing budget, the better quality the game. Not always is this true, but a lot of times it is. Halo 3, COD4, GTA, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed are just to name a few.

Assassin's Creed is basically a matter of opinion. After playing it for about 7 hours, it's becoming repetitive. That doesn't make it a bad game though. While repetitve, it's still fun. I think it's better than Splinter Cell and PoP combined, in which that's basically what it is.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

[QUOTE="Cramer8775"]Assanis Creed got a 9 and Editors Choice... Although, yeah, Kane and Lynch is dissapointing.meangoldfish

yeah, that sounds kind of fishy to me.

IGN gave it a 7.7 and 1Up gave it a 7.6.

Gamespot is a lot higher than I have seen anywhere else.

Gametrailers.com gave it a 8.0

DirkMcGuirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 DirkMcGuirk
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Kane and Lynch and the lower Assassin's Creed scores on other sites came to a surprise to me. I had high hopes for both, and still do for Assassin's Creed. Hopefully I'll pick up a copy of Assassin's Creed this weekend, since I'm scheduled to get my repaired Xbox by then.

As for Mass Effect, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it got a 10, no matter how unlikely it is. After reading the review in this month's Official Xbox Magazine, Mass Effect looks like it might just be the best and most important game to come along in years.

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
I really have no idea what peoples problem is with Kane and lynch. I got it today along with Creed and i think its freaking sick. So much cussing and shooting and its not a fps (god i love it for that). but i mean i guess you'd have to like this style of game to enjoy it. obviously GS didnt
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
2 words: mass effect. it will be the savior of all those games
CodeMunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CodeMunki
Member since 2002 • 2740 Posts
Odd...I've been struck lately by the unusually high number of games getting 9+ scores from GS. There's been about a half-dozen 9s and 9.5s in the last few weeks. I was starting to think GS was getting soft. Then I read the 1UP reviews for Crysis and Assassin's Creed and wondered if some of the old GS reviewers switched jobs. :)
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
assassin's creed is a buy, believe me. and i havent played it yet, but, i went ahead and bought kane & lynch anyway, ive been excited for it for a while, and i think the reason they gave it a low rating was because there was hardly any hype for it. lots of hype - big score not so much - medium not a lot - low
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
I was surprised with Kane and Lynch, i thought it would get at least an 8, oh well Mass Effect will keep me busy for awhile
itsme185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 itsme185
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="mattllv"]

ILLETE 702

jorgedodo

why the hell do people just quote people and not say any thing?
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#35 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
This was supposed to be like the golden few months of the year for the 360, but the only good games that have come out in the last 2 months are Orange Box, Halo 3, GH3, COD 4and Assassin's Creed. Mass Effect will be on that list. Everything else just hasnt panned out.
Jericho721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jericho721
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
[QUOTE="jorgedodo"][QUOTE="mattllv"]

ILLETE 702

itsme185

why the hell do people just quote people and not say any thing?

theres a bug where u quote someone, type in ur message and submit but doesnt show up afterwards for some reason, happenned to me but i just end up editing again till it shows up