well i thought it would never happen but it finally happened...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drewdelapoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 drewdelapoots
Member since 2004 • 273 Posts

...i broke a 360 controller out of a fit of rage. Infinity Ward really knows how to make your blood boil with their Veteran difficulty in COD4...

anyone who's playing/played COD4/2 on the Veteran difficulty knows how offensively difficult and frustrating it can be and the review was right in saying the difficulty takes away from some of the fun of the game.

dont get me wrong this game is absolutely amazing (the Ghillie and AC-130 level come to mind) but when the enemy seems to ALWAYS aim and shoot you in between the eyes without fail, it gets really old really fast.

one shouldn't have to spend almost 2 hours getting through MULTIPLE ridiculously hard parts, IW. COME ON!

in conclusion... if you have somewhat of a short temper when it comes to video games or not a whole lot of patience then steer clear of the Veteran difficulty...

IW should put a dislcaimer on the back of the game regarding this :D

oh well at least i have an extra controller :)

end rant

bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
you know, usually what i do when i get a new game, is beat it at like normal difficulty or the second hardest one, just so i know where everything is and such, and then go back and beat it on the hardest difficulty. that's just me though, good luck!
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

you know, usually what i do when i get a new game, is beat it at like normal difficulty or the second hardest one, just so i know where everything is and such, and then go back and beat it on the hardest difficulty. that's just me though, good luck!ctfvyrsgurbnorn

good point:) I agree

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

[QUOTE="ctfvyrsgurbnorn"]you know, usually what i do when i get a new game, is beat it at like normal difficulty or the second hardest one, just so i know where everything is and such, and then go back and beat it on the hardest difficulty. that's just me though, good luck!killerfist

Not only that, but for the enjoyment of the game it is better to play through it on Normal first and then play through it on the hardest after that.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="ctfvyrsgurbnorn"]you know, usually what i do when i get a new game, is beat it at like normal difficulty or the second hardest one, just so i know where everything is and such, and then go back and beat it on the hardest difficulty. that's just me though, good luck!wmc540

Not only that, but for the enjoyment of the game it is better to play through it on Normal first and then play through it on the hardest after that.

again, I share that thought:P

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
i broke two fingers a controller and a headset all in one death from bullet lag in gears of war. Threw the headset against the wall and punched the face of the controller repeatedly. Not worth it :(
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts
I am really not having a good feeling about this Ghillie mission. Is it a Sneaking Mission or a Sniper mission?
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killerfist

i broke two fingers a controller and a headset all in one death from bullet lag in gears of war. Threw the headset against the wall and punched the face of the controller repeatedly. Not worth it :(hustler_151

lol now thats a hardcore gamer haha.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts

i broke two fingers a controller and a headset all in one death from bullet lag in gears of war. Threw the headset against the wall and punched the face of the controller repeatedly. Not worth it :(hustler_151

please dont hurt me :(:(:'(

Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
Remember Hill 400?...on Veteran?...
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I am really not having a good feeling about this Ghillie mission. Is it a Sneaking Mission or a Sniper mission?Bruce_McGivern

why arent you having good feelings about it its cool , its sneaking and sniping ghillie suits are so crazy and this game gets it so right that in MP if used right people really wont be able to see you

SUPERMAN212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SUPERMAN212
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
i want call of duty4 but i dont know how many levels thre are in the game online/offline if so i want to tradehalo3 for it is this the right chioce to trade in halo3 for it.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i want call of duty4 but i dont know how many levels thre are in the game online/offline if so i want to tradehalo3 for it is this the right chioce to trade in halo3 for it. SUPERMAN212

i would keep halo its still good heck i still think its better than cod4 online just get cod4 when you can but heck if you go around trading in good games to get good games youll end up not having any

will_i_am_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 will_i_am_11
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
haha .. i just recoverd my tag and my verteren achievement for COD2 got deleted so now i have to play it again... and im stuck in the battle of caen.... i hate it lol
unbiasgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 unbiasgamer
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

Remember Hill 400?...on Veteran?...Gregoroth

dont you remind. that mission made want to kill my self

Suiranev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suiranev
Member since 2005 • 248 Posts
only sign they should put up is "stay away from veteran difficulty ONLY FOR PRO GAMERS" :)
SUPERMAN212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SUPERMAN212
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
i think halo 3 is a good game but i got bored with it online/offline i got all of the call of duty games from 1 to 3 and number 4would be great to go with mycall of duty games.
Avatar image for slayerofasavior
slayerofasavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 slayerofasavior
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

that veteran setting is way ridiculous. it's like the bad guys just turn the corner and bam no time to react. your just FN' dead. i'm stuck trying to get to the second floor of the television station to get al-asad. it sux. i got rpg coming from up top. and fire coming from who knows where. i almost brokea controllerlast night too. it's got a little crack in it now. but damn. cod 4 is badass

L0n3W01F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#19 L0n3W01F
Member since 2005 • 373 Posts
Always start with normal folks, and maybe going on higher difficulties later on. Man i remember God of War on hardest difficulty, that was awfully annoying.
Warlord20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Warlord20
Member since 2006 • 2855 Posts

Remember Hill 400?...on Veteran?...Gregoroth

Remember it? It haunts me at night......lol

Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Rebel108
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts
I actually enjoy that it is really difficult. If you don't want a challenge, play on a lower difficulty. The reason why it's so hard is because you are playing on the hardest difficulty. When I beat COD2 on veteran I felt a great amount of accomplishment because of how difficult it was, and how not many of my friends were able to beat it. Games are getting too easy these days anyways.
drewdelapoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 drewdelapoots

that veteran setting is way ridiculous. it's like the bad guys just turn the corner and bam no time to react. your just FN' dead. i'm stuck trying to get to the second floor of the television station to get al-asad. it sux. i got rpg coming from up top. and fire coming from who knows where. i almost brokea controllerlast night too. it's got a little crack in it now. but damn. cod 4 is badass

slayerofasavior

yea that PART ALONE took about 1.5 hours for me to actually pass. what i did was grab the shotgun ammo (i already had the shotgun before) and just ran straight ahead from where the check point is into the room where the first badguys come through. blast them with the shotgun and just take cover in there and pop out and shoot every once in a while, whilst throwing back or running away from grenades. eventually you'll get it.

i'm stuck at the part where you are the S.A.S. and you have to get to the LZ (landing zone) which is 300m on the OTHER side of seemingly ENDLESS soldiers coming at you. its so hard, i could probably do it in real life. (jk to all your marines out there. respect)

has ANYONE beat it yet on Veteran? how did you get past this part? (you have to blow up 4 tanks with the javelin right before this part in the barn if that helps you remember :)

drewdelapoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 drewdelapoots

I actually enjoy that it is really difficult. If you don't want a challenge, play on a lower difficulty. The reason why it's so hard is because you are playing on the hardest difficulty. When I beat COD2 on veteran I felt a great amount of accomplishment because of how difficult it was, and how not many of my friends were able to beat it. Games are getting too easy these days anyways.Rebel108

oh i like the challenge dont get me wrong but there is a difference between "challenging" and "F****** frustrating".

challenging to me is Portal. now THAT was challenging.

COD4 on veteran? F****** frustrating to no end.

at least i feel that way. :D

mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]i broke two fingers a controller and a headset all in one death from bullet lag in gears of war. Threw the headset against the wall and punched the face of the controller repeatedly. Not worth it :(killerfist

lol now thats a hardcore gamer haha.

Lol i really need to put that in my sig.

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]i broke two fingers a controller and a headset all in one death from bullet lag in gears of war. Threw the headset against the wall and punched the face of the controller repeatedly. Not worth it :(NOD_Grindking

please dont hurt me :(:(:'(

ahha. i was having a really bad day so i thought why not get my anger out blowing people into little pieces. but it just got worse

Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
I broke my controller when I entered into blind rage.
DrDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 DrDazzle
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts

...i broke a 360 controller out of a fit of rage. Infinity Ward really knows how to make your blood boil with their Veteran difficulty in COD4...

anyone who's playing/played COD4/2 on the Veteran difficulty knows how offensively difficult and frustrating it can be and the review was right in saying the difficulty takes away from some of the fun of the game.

dont get me wrong this game is absolutely amazing (the Ghillie and AC-130 level come to mind) but when the enemy seems to ALWAYS aim and shoot you in between the eyes without fail, it gets really old really fast.

one shouldn't have to spend almost 2 hours getting through MULTIPLE ridiculously hard parts, IW. COME ON!

in conclusion... if you have somewhat of a short temper when it comes to video games or not a whole lot of patience then steer clear of the Veteran difficulty...

IW should put a dislcaimer on the back of the game regarding this :D

oh well at least i have an extra controller :)

end rant

drewdelapoots

I was going to throw my controller on the AGU level where you wait for evac.... but I slammed my fist on the floor. I didn't realize how hard until I couldn't move/feel my hand and my dogs started barking after I did. Actually.... I haven't gotten past it. That just happend a little while ago. I stopped to do school work.

siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

I really haven't gotten angry at a game in a long while. Usually, I just say "Thats bull****" and shut the system off and walk away.

However, when playing the game Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, when I died numerous times in the temple of the ocean king when(when you have to go back through it for the 8 billionth time), I got so pissed that I clapped it shut, and powered down my DS without saving. Which made me even more mad and I haven't played the game in a couple weeks..maybe more.

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
thats it ...HAH... I damaged my wireless controller that came with my 360... bought a new one.. but I have broken at least 1 controller for ever console Ive owned... but I no longer do it... because NOW when I get aggravated I just finish what I was doing and turn it off... and for the past approaching year I have not damaged one piece of game equipment
Queth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Queth
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

my friend did the same thing with his controller in cod2. He is quite short tempered,

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 killerfist
never played a CoD game. number 4 will be my first. maybe Ill break some fingers too. or maybe I beat it on Veteran in one run:P the first option will be more likely lol
blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts

I am really not having a good feeling about this Ghillie mission. Is it a Sneaking Mission or a Sniper mission?Bruce_McGivern

both, and its absolutely amazing

blues3531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blues3531
Member since 2005 • 2632 Posts
[QUOTE="slayerofasavior"]

drewdelapoots

yea that PART ALONE took about 1.5 hours for me to actually pass. what i did was grab the shotgun ammo (i already had the shotgun before) and just ran straight ahead from where the check point is into the room where the first badguys come through. blast them with the shotgun and just take cover in there and pop out and shoot every once in a while, whilst throwing back or running away from grenades. eventually you'll get it.

i'm stuck at the part where you are the S.A.S. and you have to get to the LZ (landing zone) which is 300m on the OTHER side of seemingly ENDLESS soldiers coming at you. its so hard, i could probably do it in real life. (jk to all your marines out there. respect)

has ANYONE beat it yet on Veteran? how did you get past this part? (you have to blow up 4 tanks with the javelin right before this part in the barn if that helps you remember :)

yeah all of those parts were incredibly hard even on normal. the lz one was rediculous cuz iwas expecting the enemies to stop at some point but then i realized i had to just slowly push my way upwards which is like a real war really moving the frontlines and pushing through then enemy

Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts
Wow, my little brother is a notorious controller slammer. I would love you watch him play this game!! HA
j-powwnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 j-powwnd
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I can feel your pain i did get threw it but i never got so mad or yelled at my tv so much. I did break 2 glasses of greygoose on the tv station level trying to get to the second floor and that dammmmmmmmmmmm hill.........But as mad as i got the rush made me mad when it was over so fast. If only the game was longer but then again i might have picked up my 45 and shot my 360 with a couple more missions and DRINKS!!!!!!!!!
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Anger management classes?