weird xbox slim problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

ok well i dont actually know if its a problem, maybe its supposed to do this, if so, its irritating to say the least. when i press the button to turn my xbox off, the screen turns off and the green light turns off, yet the xbox is still running so i have to press it again for it to realise that i want it OFF! sometimes the second press turns it back on which can cause a vicious cycle of me getting pissed off at the frickin machine. anyone else have this problem? it doesnt do it all the time either, but more recently since i got crysis 2 its been doing it everytime

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
same thing happened to me, be patient it turns itself off eventually, no need to press it twice
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
It happens on my 360 Elite but only because the charger of my controller is still plugged into the xbox 360. Maybe you have the same thing?
tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

i do have the charger yeah, i guess thats the problem. thanks for the help. at least its nothing serious, i thought it meant it was going to die on me

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
TC, are you referring to the light on the power button that keeps flashing when you turn it off? Or does your xbox literally stay on when you try to turn it off. If its the little light that just means that you have your xbox set up to finish your downloads even after you turn it off. Once your downloads finish then it will turn off completely. I have my slim set up the same way.
flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flexin007
Member since 2008 • 739 Posts

It's just cooling itself off before shutting down. THAT'S GOOD!

xexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xexis
Member since 2003 • 328 Posts

Ours does the same thing except the brick light stays lit. so I have to turn it back on then turn it off by holding the power button on the system, maybe it's the Kinect? I don't have a charger connected to it btw.