Weird Xbox 360 Display issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireFlyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FireFlyMaster
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I have just had to get a new xbox 360 for christmas as my old one broke. The problem is when I turn it on there are two black bars running across the screen (one at bottom and one at top) and when I try to watch dvds instead of being widscreen there are two giant black bars left and right of the film. I don't know how to fix this as my other xbox didnt have these issues. My old xbox was using a hd compnent cable but my new xbox is using a HDMI cable. I have tried changing the display settings to optimum result but it comes up with "your display indicates that this resolution is not supported at 50hz". Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be much aprreciated.

FireFlyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FireFlyMaster
P.S My monitor is a wide screen Samsung t200hd with an aspect ration of 16:9.
kazater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 kazater
Member since 2008 • 649 Posts
-set it to 60 hz- widescreen... mine did it too... could be the movie doesnt support widescreen, happened to me once... read the back of the dvd case, does it say widescreen anywhere?
kazater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 kazater
Member since 2008 • 649 Posts
-set it to 60 hz- widescreen... mine did it too... could be the movie doesnt support widescreen, happened to me once... read the back of the dvd case, does it say widescreen anywhere?
FireFlyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FireFlyMaster
yes it does say widescreen. How do I set it to 60hz?
ZeppelinMk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ZeppelinMk2
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
Highlight My Xbox on the dashboard. Scroll to the right until your at System Settings. Click that and then go into Display Settings. You can change screen resolution there and whether you're using a HDTV or not.
FireFlyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireFlyMaster
I tried going into the display settings and tried changing them to 1080p but it makes all the graphics look abit streched. Is this meant to happen?
ZeppelinMk2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ZeppelinMk2
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
Try using 720p. I don't have a HDTV but people say there's barely any visual difference between 720 and 1080 unless you have a huge TV (around the 50" mark).
FireFlyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FireFlyMaster
this does fix the resolution issues but everytime i want to watch a dvd I have to set the dvd to play in letterbox mode. Is there a way to fix this?