We NEED a new surfing game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hotdoggin7687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hotdoggin7687
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts

Screw Skate, screw rally racing, screw dirt bikes, screw MX vs. ATV...

Now that I have offended 90% of you, I am here to say that we need a new surfing game! With the graphical horsepower available today and with awsome gameplay, a newsurfing game can beincredible. And I'm not talking Transworld Surf or Kelly Slater's pro surfing, someone needs to do a somewhat realistic version like EA has done with Skate.

Oh and I don't really mean what I said in my first statement. I just wanted to embellish my point.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

It could look crazy beautiful but I dont find games like that fun after 30 minutes

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
true but exactly what pete said it'd get boring after a day or two
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

Nah

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
Wave Race...oh I forgot thats Nintendo.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

As a surfer who loves playing Transworld Surf on the original Xbox, I couldn't agree more. I want to see a first person take on surfing though. The sense of vertigo while shooting down a 60 foot wave would be epic.

hotdoggin7687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hotdoggin7687

As a surfer who loves playing Transworld Surf on the original Xbox, I couldn't agree more. I want to see a first person take on surfing though. The sense of vertigo while shooting down a 60 foot wave would be epic.

jamejame

I'm with you bro...but it doesn't even have to be 60 foot waves. If someone can just capture the entire experience of surfing likepaddling out, paddling onto a wave, watching out for other people snaking your wave, waiting for a good set, etc.... it can really be unique.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

A game for the wax heads:P

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
no we dont!
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Wave Race...oh I forgot thats Nintendo.Foxi911

LOL. isnt that the Jetski game? from like 10 years ago?

anyways, I agree that we need a new surfing game. or even a good wakeboarding game. I have Surfing for my Atari lynx, and really its the BEST surfing video game I've ever seen. It may not be realistic (quadruple 360s in the air) but its fun. but really i dont see any $$$ in making a surfing game. There just arent many surfers in the world. WAY more people live away from good waves and dont even learn how. seems like surfing would have to become more popular/mainstream to get a decent game (those $9.99 value games dont count as games and should always be avoided)

edit: just thought of an idea. it would actually be pretty cool if there was an expansion to GTA IV, Saints Row2, or Just Cause 2 that had a surfing minigame (and car surfing does not count lol). then if that minigame is a hit, then they can do a spinoff XBLA game. that would be a more realistic approach.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

no we dont!chaoscougar1

dont you mean YOU dont?

Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts

there is a surfing game for 360, but playing it might be hard playing since it's based on the movie surf's up

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

hotdoggin7687

I'm with you bro...but it doesn't even have to be 60 foot waves. If someone can just capture the entire experience of surfing likepaddling out, paddling onto a wave, watching out for other people snaking your wave, waiting for a good set, etc.... it can really be unique.

While I agree that I wouldn't want the entire game based soley around big wave surfing, I would like some sort of a career mode with the ability to visit different spots, big or small. The choices could vary from overhead places like Wadell Creek to enormous spots such as Blacks, Jaws or Steamer's Lane.

hotdoggin7687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hotdoggin7687

[QUOTE="Foxi911"]Wave Race...oh I forgot thats Nintendo.Talldude80

LOL. isnt that the Jetski game? from like 10 years ago?

anyways, I agree that we need a new surfing game. or even a good wakeboarding game. I have Surfing for my Atari lynx, and really its the BEST surfing video game I've ever seen. It may not be realistic (quadruple 360s in the air) but its fun. but really i dont see any $$$ in making a surfing game. There just arent many surfers in the world. WAY more people live away from good waves and dont even learn how. seems like surfing would have to become more popular/mainstream to get a decent game (those $9.99 value games dont count as games and should always be avoided)

edit: just thought of an idea. it would actually be pretty cool if there was an expansion to GTA IV, Saints Row2, or Just Cause 2 that had a surfing minigame (and car surfing does not count lol). then if that minigame is a hit, then they can do a spinoff XBLA game. that would be a more realistic approach.

If marketed correctly, there is always demand for a good game, regardless of the genre. It may not be another COD but games that are a dime a dozen sell pretty well.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
true but exactly what pete said it'd get boring after a day or twoTrapMuzik92
Yup, this is true. Although surfing is one of my favorite hobbies/sport.. I can't picture it being a videogame. I can already see the headlines.. "New Surfing game to be used with Project Natal and Playstation Move. Nintendo Wii version yet to be confirmed!" Oh the agony.. >.
baboonnio58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 baboonnio58
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i agree new surfing game plz !!! it would be amazing with all the new technology we have now
Avatar image for Wetworks_Gunner
Wetworks_Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Wetworks_Gunner
Member since 2011 • 153 Posts

jamejame

that color hurts my eyes!

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jamejame

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Wetworks_Gunner

that color hurts my eyes!

lmfao, you must be using the white GS background. Don't worry, I stopped using it over a year ago :P.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

We need a erp game

kaspar1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points