Was The Godfather 2 really THAT bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

Honestly, I was just looking around at some gameplay, and it looked relatively fun. I mean do the glitches really make it that bad? I mean I know it's not spectacular, but for $20 I was thinking of picking it up. I also like the whole "Don's View," gameplay feature, and just being a mobster. I'm not really buying it for the story, as I know the film's are much better.

Anyways, for those that have played it, was it fun and worth your time, or what did you think of it?

DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
It was good enough. There are some serious bugs, and the game is quite short, but for 20, its a good deal.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

Just wait until Mafia II comes out on the 24th. If cash is a problem then get Godfather 2 but if it isn't your best bet would be to wait for Mafia II. I believe there is going to be a demo released on August 10th so you can try it for yourself.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Logan1616

Just wait until Mafia II comes out on the 24th. If cash is a problem then get Godfather 2 but if it isn't your best bet would be to wait for Mafia II. I believe there is going to be a demo released on August 10th so you can try it for yourself.

gamerfreak1991
Yeah, I know about Mafia II. I've actually got the collector's pre-ordered and paid off, so I'm not worried about cash. I know Mafia II will be 100 times better than The Godfather 2, in fact I think Mafia II has GotY potential, but I was just wondering about The Godfather 2.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Logan1616
It was good enough. There are some serious bugs, and the game is quite short, but for 20, its a good deal.DeanG642
Can you explain the serious bugs? Because I mean I can get Fight Night Round 4 for $20 also, but I don't really know which to get...
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
[QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]

Yeah, I know about Mafia II. I've actually got the collector's pre-ordered and paid off, so I'm not worried about cash. I know Mafia II will be 100 times better than The Godfather 2, in fact I think Mafia II has GotY potential, but I was just wondering about The Godfather 2.

Well from experience I can't help you on Godfather 2 seeing as I've never actually played, although I have played the first one. The first game was alright, I got bored within 10 hours though. But I agree with you on that Mafia II definitely has GotY potential, it's going to be so good, I've been waiting forever for that game. :)
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DeanG642
Bugs: Some epic draw distance fails, items wont load, police may attack for no reason, load fails sometimes lead to frequent game crashes. Just some bugs I encountered.
Avatar image for Divided_We_Fall
Divided_We_Fall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Divided_We_Fall
Member since 2010 • 195 Posts
I must admit as the story progressed sticking a machine gun in someone's mouth never got old.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Despite the bugs and glitches, I think it was a great game. It lacked in a lot of areas, but it was very fun while it lasted.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Logan1616
[QUOTE="DeanG642"]Bugs: Some epic draw distance fails, items wont load, police may attack for no reason, load fails sometimes lead to frequent game crashes. Just some bugs I encountered.

That sounds like it could ruin the game, did it?
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeanG642
[QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="DeanG642"]Bugs: Some epic draw distance fails, items wont load, police may attack for no reason, load fails sometimes lead to frequent game crashes. Just some bugs I encountered.

Nah. They were quite rare for me, and out of 6 of my friends that got it, only myself and and another friend ever experienced them. I experienced each very rarely. The only REAL complaint I have about the game is its length. Even with all the extra things to do, its very short.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Logan1616
[QUOTE="DeanG642"][QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="DeanG642"]Bugs: Some epic draw distance fails, items wont load, police may attack for no reason, load fails sometimes lead to frequent game crashes. Just some bugs I encountered.

Nah. They were quite rare for me, and out of 6 of my friends that got it, only myself and and another friend ever experienced them. I experienced each very rarely. The only REAL complaint I have about the game is its length. Even with all the extra things to do, its very short.

Then I ask you this...Godfather 2 or Fight Night Round 4?
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeanG642
[QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="DeanG642"][QUOTE="Logan1616"] That sounds like it could ruin the game, did it?

Godfather 2. Much more to do. But it depends. Have you played previous Fight Night Games, and if so, how much did you like them?
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Logan1616
[QUOTE="DeanG642"][QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="DeanG642"] Nah. They were quite rare for me, and out of 6 of my friends that got it, only myself and and another friend ever experienced them. I experienced each very rarely. The only REAL complaint I have about the game is its length. Even with all the extra things to do, its very short.

Godfather 2. Much more to do. But it depends. Have you played previous Fight Night Games, and if so, how much did you like them?

I played FNR3 and I loved it. Also downloaded the demo for FNR4 and loved that. But then again, there's also Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway...oh the decisions...
celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

[QUOTE="DeanG642"][QUOTE="Logan1616"] Then I ask you this...Godfather 2 or Fight Night Round 4?Logan1616

I played FNR3 and I loved it. Also downloaded the demo for FNR4 and loved that. But then again, there's also Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway...oh the decisions...

If you enjoyed FN3 you will definitley enjoy FNR 4. One of the best sport games out there.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Honestly, I was just looking around at some gameplay, and it looked relatively fun. I mean do the glitches really make it that bad? I mean I know it's not spectacular, but for $20 I was thinking of picking it up. I also like the whole "Don's View," gameplay feature, and just being a mobster. I'm not really buying it for the story, as I know the film's are much better.

Anyways, for those that have played it, was it fun and worth your time, or what did you think of it?

Logan1616
Well, there are about 30ish mission, maybe less. After you do the missions, all that is left is defending your turf. It just gets super repetitive.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="Logan1616"]

the grafix are dated in godfather 2....just get fallout 3....u can kinda get into gangs....depends if ur good or not or nuetral
natenation87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 natenation87
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

I liked the Godfather 2. I thought it was fun and was happy I bought it.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
The godfather 1 was better.
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
[QUOTE="DeanG642"]Bugs: Some epic draw distance fails, items wont load, police may attack for no reason, load fails sometimes lead to frequent game crashes. Just some bugs I encountered.

LOL f***ng game is a nightmare xD
TheActraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheActraiser
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Mixed with a bit of Mercenaries 2, its basically The Saboteur.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#23 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
If you're choosing between the Godfather 2 and FNR4, get FNR4!! I've played it over 150 hours this last year it's been out, and it's maybe my favorite game this gen. Excellent, detailed graphics, an insanely awesome roster, very realistic, and the career mode is great. GET IT NOW!!!
Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts
[QUOTE="Logan1616"]

I thought the game wasn't bad at all.Pretty damn fun actually.Just like the first Godfather.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

The graphics were not too great and the story was pretty cliche, but I enjoyed the gameplay. Typical sandbox with solid gameplay (I noticed nothing crappy except for draw distance) and a few extra touches were awesome like the executions. I already played it on PS3 and if I ever see it for $15 or less on 360 I will play it again and hang on to it this time.

BTW, Xbox Magazine just reviewed Mafia 2 in another thread I was reading on here and they gave it a 7. I wonder whats wrong with it. It looks fantastic!

I just played through Fight Night Round 3 recently and I started Round 4 yesterday and the only thing better about Round 4 is the boxer roster unless you intend to to play online. The gameplay (controls) are not as good as Round 3 nor are the graphics. If they would have given us Round 3 gameplay with Round 4's roster and arenas, I would have been much happier. As it stands unless you are getting it for $10 bucks like I did I would not pick up Round 4.

TOC48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 TOC48
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts
I had no idea the game had bugs because I stopped playing within 30 minutes because of sheer disgust. Godfather II was a huge let down as Godfather 1 was a great game. I would not recommend it to anyone.
SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]

Logan1616

Just get fight night godfather 2 felt like a last gen grand theft auto and not in a good way . visuals , controls are clunky driving is stiff . there arer alot of bugs , id wait for mafia 2 if you want open world type game but in mean time id get FNR4