Was GTA 4 Long Enough ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tiger5hark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tiger5hark
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts
I beat GTA 4 in 13 days , the other versions was way longer . It took me about 3 or 4 months to beat San andreas. And it took me about 2 months to beat GTA 3 (Vice City beat over night).... What you guys think ? Was it kinda short ?
Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

I thought it was a decent length, definately not as long as other GTA games but long enough.

I did however only play the game a few hours at a time and kinda went off it for a month or two before going back to finish it.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
i finished it under 30 hours and it was boring. im a big fan of the gta series but gta4 simply sucks imo.
veflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 veflow
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

it was enough for me to be honest, i enjoyed the game, obviously it doesn't beat San Andreas but it's definitely worth playing.
and by the way, what's up with Lost and Damned? i finished it in like 6 hours or something, that game was seriously short, i guess that's cause it's an expension

Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I think that it needed some more missions.The other thing that really got old was keeping all those friends happy.But at least there are a good bit of side missions to do.

nwonknU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 nwonknU
Member since 2004 • 122 Posts

For all the other superb aspects of the game, I can't really complain much about the length.

ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

IMO GTA4 was the best in the series, longer then every other except GTA:SA but just as much fun and storywise a lot better. My favorite setting however was that of GTA:VC so for me the perfect GTA game hasn't been made yet. But GTA4 isn't lesser to any other game in the serie, certainly not in length because it took me 45 hours to beat it and I finished GTA3 and GTA:VC before that. Maybe some of you weren't just as skilled as you are now in gaming, on top of that GTA3 had you replaying way too much if you did die. No wonder it might have taking you longer to beat it.

ryankeddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ryankeddie
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Honestly, I thought it was too long. It felt so repetitive and by the end of it all I just wanted to get it over with...

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
I completed it within 2days...WTF! kind of GTA gets completed within 2days? a crap GTA. It was ridiculously short and I still remember thinking to myself GTA3 completed within two weeks but lasted me a month, Vice City completed within a week but lasted me months, GTA San Andreas completed within two weeks lasted me a year so what the hell? They made a great enviroment but they obviously forgot to add the game, seriously one story throughout the entire game...a story that any other GTA could have explained in about 10missions and the game had no side quests...seriously dead game.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I think that it needed some more missions.The other thing that really got old was keeping all those friends happy.But at least there are a good bit of side missions to do.

Toxic8
i agree, going out with friends felt more like a chore than fun
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
I completed it quite fast, and got the 100% quite fast too, but I didn't really think it was too short. It's shorter than San Andreas, but SA was a monster of a game.
dermy_burns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dermy_burns
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts

after you complete the short campaign there nothing to do.

but if you have xb live there some multiplayer

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

To be honest, GTA IV was the worst in the series if you ask me, the short story, the ton of useless gimmicks (dating and internet AHEM!) and no replayabillity whatsoever except delivering cars and collecting o-hoo-bloody-ray packages. And if you'd happen to be done with that, you could always just run around shooting pidgeons.

Mighty_turnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mighty_turnip
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts
It was too long because it sucked. GTA mission structure: 1 Go to place 2 Shoot people 3 Get away in car
Team_Supercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Team_Supercool
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

If we are talking about story line, It took me 4 days, I think the game was nice and long. Not to mention, it was good imo.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

If we are talking about story line, It took me 4 days, I think the game was nice and long. Not to mention, it was good imo.

Team_Supercool

agreed, people expect waaaaaaaay too much from a videogame now'a days, like come on, as long as it's FUN who cares ?;)

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Very enjoyable game. I think it was a good size.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
It had 90 missions and a ton of side things. It took me about 50 hours to get 100% and I played the main story three times so far. I know a lot of people that didn't finish the main story in under 30 hours. 30 hours isn't long enough when most games are 6-10 hours now?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="Mighty_turnip"]It was too long because it sucked. GTA mission structure: 1 Go to place 2 Shoot people 3 Get away in car

You can describe any game like that.
somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#20 somadude
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

I think a 30 hour story in a shooter is impressive to say the least. And it has a great story AND multiplayer.

I mean games like WANTED get away with a 6 hour story and no multiplayer. Thats just wrong.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I beat the single player in 29 hours (just a few minutes before the 30 hour mark) and I've put at least 100 more hours into since then. It was, if anything, maybe a little too long.

Tiger5hark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tiger5hark
I was suprised really! The story line ended at like what ? 49%....
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
I got done around 20 missions. I hate the game. I like the graphics and all... but every time you fail a mission, you go all the way back to the beginning. It's just too hard
Tiger5hark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tiger5hark
I got done around 20 missions. I hate the game. I like the graphics and all... but every time you fail a mission, you go all the way back to the beginning. It's just too hardRobboElRobbo
Naw dude , you dont have to start over , you can automatically check your phone an it'll take you to the spot. (If thats ur problem). And the games really easy , the easyest gta yet.
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RobboElRobbo
[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]I got done around 20 missions. I hate the game. I like the graphics and all... but every time you fail a mission, you go all the way back to the beginning. It's just too hardTiger5hark
Naw dude , you dont have to start over , you can automatically check your phone an it'll take you to the spot. (If thats ur problem). And the games really easy , the easyest gta yet.

Yea, back to the beginning of the mission, you go through all this work and die, then you do it over. It's simply trial and error. And San Andreas was no problem for me
Tiger5hark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tiger5hark
Well hey if you cant beat it you cant beat it lol.... :(
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RobboElRobbo
Well hey if you cant beat it you cant beat it lol.... :(Tiger5hark
I could but the game is just not for me... it really has potential but it it could be made differently imo
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#28 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

The avg game length in todays generation is like 10 hours. A game that takes 30 hours to beat the main storyline, and well after that to 100% is for sure long enough.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="Tiger5hark"]Well hey if you cant beat it you cant beat it lol.... :(RobboElRobbo
I could but the game is just not for me... it really has potential but it it could be made differently imo

did not find any of the missions that challenging i think i had to only repeat 1-2 missions, the last one like 3 times and then one other one only once, they werent that difficult IMO
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="Mighty_turnip"]It was too long because it sucked. GTA mission structure: 1 Go to place 2 Shoot people 3 Get away in car

except in gears, halo and CoD you dont normally have a vehicle to get away in ;)
RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RobboElRobbo

Yea... I agree with this. Assman's Creed has the same problem
PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
It was a good length. Im still not done the story even though I got in on the first day lol. I dont really play much on my 360...
oliver655321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 oliver655321
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

Yes the game is long enough if you dedicate the time.Get plenty of soda and put your favorite station(LCHC)and work on the achievements.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chaoscougar1
when u think about it, all games are fairly short if u rush em. Oblivion can be done in about 10 hours if u turn the difficulty down and maybe like 30 if u just rush on normal difficulty (no exploration, take the easy route in quests), same thing with Fallout. and thats with the side quests, the main quest can be done in no time if u want it that way, but free roaming games deserve a little more time for exploration and just playing around (which is the most fun TBH)
spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

it was long enough

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
I thought it was longer than the other except maybe 3. i beat all the other in either the same amount of time or sooner. I also beat GTA4 within 30 hours i think about 20-25
sourcerah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sourcerah
Member since 2003 • 1214 Posts
it was long enough, just not good enough for me. [QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Toxic8"]

i agree, going out with friends felt more like a chore than fun

a majority of the story mode was more like a chore than fun imo... There was only a few missions that stood out. 4 Leaf Clover was great, though
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I completed it quite fast, and got the 100% quite fast too, but I didn't really think it was too short. It's shorter than San Andreas, but SA was a monster of a game. Caddy06_88
You'd think they try to at least top San Andreas, I don't wanna say they were lazy but seriously, anytime you release a sequel it should at least come close to outshining the the past.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

it was enough for me to be honest, i enjoyed the game, obviously it doesn't beat San Andreas but it's definitely worth playing.

and by the way, what's up with Lost and Damned? i finished it in like 6 hours or something, that game was seriously short, i guess that's cause it's an expension

veflow
Lost and Damned was an expansion and it was epic. Do not ever diss that expansion again, or i'll come over and smack you on the nose.