Warning this is only for REAL gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts
Epic has made what i think will be the most significant change to multiplayer in the upcoming gears of war2. When your being shot you slow down a lot keeping you from charging right in and forcing you to take cover. This was (well what i thought) suppose to be the bases for the game to begin with but since firing behind cover had little stopping power in the first one it turned into more of a run and gun. I want to know what the real gamers think about this change.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
It's not really going to change gameplay that much. It'll stop people from trying to rush in and grab weapons, but that's about it.
ianp_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ianp_91
Member since 2004 • 2376 Posts
im glad..they fixed what i hated about the mp. the rolling up to you then shot gun. it always made it one sided and now its fixed.im glad..and ill for sure be pickin it up..
FLzthvikings87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FLzthvikings87
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts
finally a sci-fi shooter that is pushing tactics to everyone. gears of war online was a great game but not at all what i expected.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

I think its good. I cant wait for Gears of War 2 but your topic title and question dont really go along together... Real gamers play what they think is fun, they dont jump on the bandwagon...

Speaking of Gears 2, Im watching the extra Gears 2 content that came with Unreal Tournament 3 right now.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 karma1680
its not so much what games you play that make you a real gamer its how you can appreciate what is out there that makes you a real gamer. The fake ones always have something negative to say about a game that they don't like on have not played i wanted the opinion of people who whether they liked gears or not could give a honest and constructive incite as to whether this was a good thing or not. and thanks for yours.
IISF-SniperII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IISF-SniperII
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts

Well, i feel like they are adding too many gimmicks to Gears 2. I mean, chansaw duels? Crawling away when you are down? Stopping Power (that is what you guys where talking about, slowing down when hit)? I think the multiplayer in Gears 1 didn't need changing at all, it was fun and different from the usual fragfest. Now they are trying to add too many dumb gimmicks that really won't add too the gameplay in any way. Who the hell said that Gears 1 ever needed a flamethrower? Nobody? Well, you get one anyway. I bought Gears on emergence day and loved it. Then i stopped playing for awhile and recently picked it back up and i love it again. I feel as though that all these changes are doing is scaring their main demographic, Gears 1 lovers, and trying to attract other people with these uneccesary changes. I think that any of you who didn't like Gears 1, think these changes will make you love Gears 2, i think you are sadly mistaken.

But hey that's just my opinion, i'm sure someone out there will have a countering argument.

CursiveSaturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 CursiveSaturn
Member since 2005 • 363 Posts
this is the perfect thing for a stradegy game! cover fire is now actually useful and blind fire will actually help more now! thanks for tellin me this!
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts
I think it's a great change to the gameplay and it'll make people actually go to cover.
It makes sense when your getting shot to slow down and have to get behind something.
I'll deffinately be picking it up in November.
metalzombey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metalzombey
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
why even make a gears two if theres not goint to be any changes its like buying a madden every single year. that sounds really smart to buy the same game over and over again every year for $60.if you dont want to play a new game than just keep playing gears one.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I don't know if this will discourage run-and-gun. My interpretation of it is that the person that lands the first shot is likely to win the shootout, as the victim will be being slowed down making it even harder for them to fight back.

Rather than discourage run-and-gun it could just cement it in place. Fastest-finger-first wins the fight so to speak. Cautious gamers will stick to cover, but those good and run-and-gun will benefit

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
IM GLAD IN Gears on people usally would just hold the A butten and just wait till they got right next to you let go of the a butten and shot it sucked
Mister_korea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mister_korea
Member since 2005 • 593 Posts

Well, i feel like they are adding too many gimmicks to Gears 2. I mean, chansaw duels? Crawling away when you are down? Stopping Power (that is what you guys where talking about, slowing down when hit)? I think the multiplayer in Gears 1 didn't need changing at all, it was fun and different from the usual fragfest. Now they are trying to add too many dumb gimmicks that really won't add too the gameplay in any way. Who the hell said that Gears 1 ever needed a flamethrower? Nobody? Well, you get one anyway. I bought Gears on emergence day and loved it. Then i stopped playing for awhile and recently picked it back up and i love it again. I feel as though that all these changes are doing is scaring their main demographic, Gears 1 lovers, and trying to attract other people with these uneccesary changes. I think that any of you who didn't like Gears 1, think these changes will make you love Gears 2, i think you are sadly mistaken.

But hey that's just my opinion, i'm sure someone out there will have a countering argument.

IISF-SniperII

agreed...i love the original gears...i like how you dont stop when you get shot at. Also i dont like how they added a execution for almost every weapon...it slows down the game. I like the melee kill you get from the shotgun...now you kill someone by chopping like an ax. TOO MUCH EXECUTION moves. Also i love shotgun battles. Their really fun.

the chainsaw exectuion plus longshot, torque bow is cool. However execution moves are replacing melee finishing kills. So while you are doing the execution moves someone can kill you.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 karma1680

I don't know if this will discourage run-and-gun. My interpretation of it is that the person that lands the first shot is likely to win the shootout, as the victim will be being slowed down making it even harder for them to fight back.

Rather than discourage run-and-gun it could just cement it in place. Fastest-finger-first wins the fight so to speak. Cautious gamers will stick to cover, but those good and run-and-gun will benefit

Avenger1324

Well we can only wait and see but i'm sure that epic is smart enough to have looked at each angle on this thing i mean they don't want a run and gun and as far as i saw and read they made a good choice i mean think about it if your a click away and i'm shooting you from cover and you slow down and start to bleedout i don't think i would worry to much about running up to anyone without a plan and thats what they are going for, strategy so i think it will benefit the smart player not the run in traffic player. I mean they already had that with the first gears. I loved the game but i think i would have enjoyed it better if the fool who ran up on me would have died ten yards away trying to hit me up-close with the shotgun.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 karma1680
[QUOTE="IISF-SniperII"]

Mister_korea

agreed...i love the original gears...i like how you dont stop when you get shot at. Also i dont like how they added a execution for almost every weapon...it slows down the game. I like the melee kill you get from the shotgun...now you kill someone by chopping like an ax. TOO MUCH EXECUTION moves. Also i love shotgun battles. Their really fun.

the chainsaw exectuion plus longshot, torque bow is cool. However execution moves are replacing melee finishing kills. So while you are doing the execution moves someone can kill you.

I don't see it as changing i see it as giving you more options its not like they said (hey you have to do this now) they simply added more things to do i mean its nice to see new animation from time to time and if you play it like i have you've seen it a million times its time for somthing new so when we play you can do what you have always don't and i'll try some of the new things everyone wins. Thats the mark of a good sequel keep whats good and add new

Talibantot3602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Talibantot3602
Member since 2006 • 376 Posts
It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...
jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts
Gears 2 is going to be sex.
karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 karma1680

It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...Talibantot3602

See this is why i said REAL GAMERS that had nothing to do with my question you just wanted something to complain about. Any real gamer who reads this will know who not pay any mind too!

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

[QUOTE="Talibantot3602"]It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...karma1680

See this is why i said REAL GAMERS that had nothing to do with my question you just wanted something to complain about. Any real gamer who reads this will know who not pay any mind too!

Quit it with the "real gamer" BS. Any "real gamer" would say his opinion the matter, and play the games that they want to, not that everybody is playing. Just quit.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#20 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I read the thread title, read the first word of your post (which says Epic)

I thought to myself

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

What's a "REAL" gamer?

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
meh its still gonna be more of the same
Avatar image for xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx
xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx
Member since 2008 • 7271 Posts

IISF-SniperII

I agree with you, but these added things mostly just add to the game and add dertail. People wont always chainsaw duel or crawl, its just cool that you can.

Also, the little additions make the game less "cheap" in certain circumstances, like if you both chainsaw,. instaead of one of you getting a random kill, then there is a duel

Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
[QUOTE="karma1680"]

[QUOTE="Talibantot3602"]It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...Matt-4542

Quit it with the "real gamer" BS. Any "real gamer" would say his opinion the matter, and play the games that they want to, not that everybody is playing. Just quit.

Ha exactly what I was thinking, this guy is a little too hung up with being better than anyone who disagrees with him. I personally only liked gears for the story, multiplayer was a miss.

IISF-SniperII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IISF-SniperII
[QUOTE="IISF-SniperII"]

xXl_IMoRTaL_lXx

I agree with you, but these added things mostly just add to the game and add dertail. People wont always chainsaw duel or crawl, its just cool that you can.

Also, the little additions make the game less "cheap" in certain circumstances, like if you both chainsaw,. instaead of one of you getting a random kill, then there is a duel

That's understandable, but if you were to ask me, i'd say Gears 1 was the best game of this generation and didn't need anything added. I'm going to dig into the old pocket o' sayings and say "Dont fix it if it isn't broken".

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
well i like they have fixed everything that was cheap about the mp.
Avatar image for luvmesomchicken
luvmesomchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 luvmesomchicken
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

"real gamers" dont always follow mainstream crap like gears 2

TheDanwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 TheDanwich
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

It's a great way to keep the games from becoming shotgun battles... because after a while of playing the first GOW I figured out that's what all the games come down to.

I hope they fix host at least a little bit, shots need to register better on the shotgun (when it actually does come down to a shotgun battle).

That's my two cents, but what's with the topic title "for REAL gamers"? Are you saying that if you don't play games all the time your not a real gamer?

Elaborate...

IISF-SniperII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IISF-SniperII

"real gamers" dont always follow mainstream crap like gears 2

luvmesomchicken

Oh please, spare us. That was the most unnecessary and irrelevant post i have ever seen. Every single game is mainstream to a point, you just needed a reason to make an ass of yourself. Well hurrah because you succeeded in making yourself idiot of the day.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 karma1680
[QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="karma1680"]

[QUOTE="Talibantot3602"]It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...Danold

Ha exactly what I was thinking, this guy is a little too hung up with being better than anyone who disagrees with him. I personally only liked gears for the story, multiplayer was a miss.

Lol you must be really lonely look the real gamer has nothing to do with who is better who plays what whether you agree or disagree. In this spread its about just answering the question i have read so many were knuckle heads like you come on a page and start a discussion about anything but what the question asked, what you said had nothing to do with the question and who you quoted had nothing to do with the question that's how i know your not a real gamer you to busy trying to make something out of nothing. ill make it easy the question is on.....the....first.....box.....on.......the....page.....slow enough for ya or do i need to repeat the question. My question had nothing to do with any other epic game or whether you like the game for the story or multiplayer.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 karma1680

It's a great way to keep the games from becoming shotgun battles... because after a while of playing the first GOW I figured out that's what all the games come down to.

I hope they fix host at least a little bit, shots need to register better on the shotgun (when it actually does come down to a shotgun battle).

That's my two cents, but what's with the topic title "for REAL gamers"? Are you saying that if you don't play games all the time your not a real gamer?

Elaborate...

TheDanwich

Not at all. To explain the Real gamer thing once and for all. A real gamer has a certain respect for every-game out there and can give a honest opinion about the game without going off topic because it wasn't there fav. or without bashing it cause you hated it. A real gamer can say yeah i loved the game but it did lack at these points. Real gamer can express his/her opinion without trash talking for no reason. Yours was great you answered the question and told why. Thats kool now if you look at some of the people on this page they started out by saying how bad epic was or worried about if i thought they were a real gamer or not. that had nothing to do with what i asked now i can look at yours and form an even better opinion about the subject.

AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

In 1999 Morpheus asked us the Question: "What is Real?"

In 2008 CircusRock asks..... "What is a Real Gamer?"

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Mister_korea

I for one enjoy some changes - I don't wanna feel like I'm buying Gears 1.5. The main problem I had with GoW was host advantage - that just made the game frusterating at times.

Also I honestly don't see them changing enough to make the majority of Gears 1 fans hate it and and Gears 1 haters love it. Gears 2 is still "geared" toward the predecessor's fans.

IISF-SniperII

If true, if I HAVE to do a long drawn out execution over the much quicker melee than I definitely won't like that change and will definitely make sure to play Warzone. The curbstomp was cool in Gears 1 but I only used it if it was the last guy (basically never)

LFotF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LFotF
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
I approve. I am a HUGE Gears fan; so I have been nervous about every change they have announced, but so far they all seem good.
Avatar image for NOS_MONSTER_666
NOS_MONSTER_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 NOS_MONSTER_666
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
im glad they did it. i didnt like how many people used shotguns,and how epic promoted it.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#36 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I think that GoW 2 doing this and Metal Gear 4 having you put your front to cover instead of your back to it are the greatest changes to shooting games ever.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
So how was this for only "REAL" gamers? We've known this for well over a week now and I'm sure these "Not Real" gamers know and probably enjoy this.
THE-TRAP-CARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 THE-TRAP-CARD
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
I really liked the first Gears online and off, but I didn't care for shotgun rolls and the amount of run and gun gameplay,especially since they made it out to be tactical and all about cover before the game came out.
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Danold
[QUOTE="Danold"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="karma1680"]

[QUOTE="Talibantot3602"]It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...karma1680

Lol you must be really lonely look the real gamer has nothing to do with who is better who plays what whether you agree or disagree. In this spread its about just answering the question i have read so many were knuckle heads like you come on a page and start a discussion about anything but what the question asked, what you said had nothing to do with the question and who you quoted had nothing to do with the question that's how i know your not a real gamer you to busy trying to make something out of nothing. ill make it easy the question is on.....the....first.....box.....on.......the....page.....slow enough for ya or do i need to repeat the question. My question had nothing to do with any other epic game or whether you like the game for the story or multiplayer.

I was replying to talibantot's statement on how Epic usually has one fatal flaw. Your topic was too lame to reply too, other than that you are hardly worth my time karma seeing as how you've only been here one month and you're already trying to preach to everyone what a "real gamer" is. Bottom line, you should learn that people dont reply to topics in order to please the TC, thats why I disregarded your statement, because you are annoying...

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 karma1680
[QUOTE="karma1680"][QUOTE="Danold"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="karma1680"]

[QUOTE="Talibantot3602"]It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...Danold

I was replying to talibantot's statement on how Epic usually has one fatal flaw. Your topic was too lame to reply too, other than that you are hardly worth my time karma seeing as how you've only been here one month and you're already trying to preach to everyone what a "real gamer" is. Bottom line, you should learn that people dont reply to topics in order to please the TC, thats why I disregarded your statement, because you are annoying...

Like i said lonely if i was so lame you wouldn't have wasted your time with another repley lol have a nice day and get some friends

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
[QUOTE="Danold"][QUOTE="karma1680"][QUOTE="Danold"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="karma1680"]

Like i said lonely if i was so lame you wouldn't have wasted your time with another repley lol have a nice day and get some friends

So you're lonely also then Karma? Because your remarks apply to you also. BTW, if you do all this "REAL" gamer crap, then you probably are one of those arrogant jack asses on XBL who holds themselves high and mighty.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
I can't believe there are a couple people complaining about new weapons and features.
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Danold
[QUOTE="karma1680"][QUOTE="Danold"][QUOTE="karma1680"][QUOTE="Danold"][QUOTE="Matt-4542"][QUOTE="karma1680"]

[QUOTE="Talibantot3602"]It will be like every epic game to make it to a console, there is some fatal flaw that f**ks up the gameplay and ruins it...dukebd699

So you're lonely also then Karma? Because your remarks apply to you also. BTW, if you do all this "REAL" gamer crap, then you probably are one of those arrogant jack asses on XBL who holds themselves high and mighty.

^ What he said. You're a hypocrite with bad logic, and by your standards the lonely man is the one who sticks up for himself, your idea of loneliness wont shut me up though because like I said, you are annoying and I don't care what you say about me becauase I am entertained by how myself and others can make you so easily look like a fool.