Warning about using MS Store for preorders

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1 cammby
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts

If you want to get your game anytime this year, don't use MS Store. I placed a pre-order for Dishonored on 10/8 and still "In process" now 12 days later. Ordered from there to get the 1600 MS points with the preorder.

I did get the 1600 "free" MS pts less than 24 hours after the confirmation, but kind of wanted to finish Dishonored before Halo and COD are released. That's not likely to happen now. Mail-in catalog orders paid with a personal check in the 1980s arrived via USPS faster than this. Cements my opinion that MS as a whole sucks, despite the fact that the Xbox is still a good system.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#2 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

complaining , gets you no where, if you didnt wanna wait buy in person , i remember waiting a whole month back in 96 from fingerhut magazine to get dkc2 and super mario rpg , if you order online using the slowest method its going to take time

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I got my preorders the day of release the two times I used the MS Store.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 cammby
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts

The thing is that I wasn't in a hurry when I ordered as it stated 3-7 business days to receive. I was whole-heartedly fine with that, but 13 days (9 business days) now and still not even queued to ship is a bit much.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
You might want to call M$ then if they haven't even shipped it yet. Sounds like they screwed up the order. That's why I always prefer to buy in-store if there's a new game I really want.
shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#6 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

complaining , gets you no where, if you didnt wanna wait buy in person , i remember waiting a whole month back in 96 from fingerhut magazine to get dkc2 and super mario rpg , if you order online using the slowest method its going to take time

mariokart64fan

Right, complaining here will get you no where. Complaining to microsoft for days MIGHT get you somewhere.