VGA Cable Question!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SyMDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SyMDeath
Member since 2006 • 52 Posts

Okay well...i was thinking about buying the VGA cable but first off i have a small question , since my LCD monitor has speakers does the VGA Cable provide volume when its plugged into the monitor or do i absolutly have to plug those Red and White wires into something ? cause my monitor has a audio ( GREEN ) plug that plugs into the monitor and then goes to the PC and i have no red or white plugs on this monitor so please advise me if there is anything else i would have to buy that is avaiable at futureshop.ca to make me have audio

nintendo_vip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nintendo_vip
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts
i think its a must to have the speakers inside the monitors so your good to go and i would recomemnd buying the official xbox hd vga cable is got a few extra things
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
The cables come with a Y-adapter that converts the RCA audio to a standard headphone jack that would go into the green port.
SyMDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SyMDeath

i think its a must to have the speakers inside the monitors so your good to go and i would recomemnd buying the official xbox hd vga cable is got a few extra things nintendo_vip

yeah i allways buy official XBOX stuff , i hate catz what ever its called lol madcatz ? neways...

SyMDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SyMDeath

The cables come with a Y-adapter that converts the RCA audio to a standard headphone jack that would go into the green port.Ranger_x8b

thats awesome thanks for the info.

xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

i think its a must to have the speakers inside the monitors so your good to go and i would recomemnd buying the official xbox hd vga cable is got a few extra things nintendo_vip

Can anyone confirm this? Most LCD's with bult in speakers have crappy sound output. There has to be a way to connect the 360 to speakers when using the VGA cable

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo_vip"]i think its a must to have the speakers inside the monitors so your good to go and i would recomemnd buying the official xbox hd vga cable is got a few extra things xcryonicx

Can anyone confirm this? Most LCD's with bult in speakers have crappy sound output. There has to be a way to connect the 360 to speakers when using the VGA cable

ya ranger said it...it comes with a y adapter that enables you to plug the RCA inputs into a headphone jack...thats how i was able to conected it to my 2.1 speaker system

xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
Oh sweet I must have misunderstood. Cool.
hulkster_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hulkster_basic
Member since 2002 • 571 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo_vip"]i think its a must to have the speakers inside the monitors so your good to go and i would recomemnd buying the official xbox hd vga cable is got a few extra things SyMDeath

yeah i allways buy official XBOX stuff , i hate catz what ever its called lol madcatz ? neways...

yeah but its $40!!! thats just crazy. i could buy a game for that.....so i either buy a game, or a cable to hook it up to my lcd monitor. i guess im just cheap but thats a rip off!

Eggsandwich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eggsandwich06
Member since 2006 • 535 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo_vip"]i think its a must to have the speakers inside the monitors so your good to go and i would recomemnd buying the official xbox hd vga cable is got a few extra things xcryonicx

You can hook the red and white up to regular speakers, via amplifier or whatever if you want better quality. You could also just hook the sound up to the tv so that it comes out your tv's speakers if they are good.