VGA Cable and sound?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tiandra0902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Tiandra0902
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts

Ok first i will tell you my set up.

Samsung SM226BW 22" monitor, PC with creative labs audigy soundcard, Phillips MMS321 speakers.

Ok my question is simple, how will the sound work with the Xbox 360'sVGA cable. I know the video will be fine, however the phillips speakers are connected as follow, the left speaker connects to the right via a standard speaker cable, the right speaker then connects to a large power box/reciever, this power box has a space for a cable (green in colour) which runs too the sound card? So how would i set up the sound, would i attach the VGA cable to the sound card or the power box or is it not going too work at all?

Thanks in advance

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
The MS vga cables have the red and white audio cables, so you would need an adaptor to connect them to your speakers
UnLashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UnLashed
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
Im having the same exact problem, do you happen to know the name of the adapter?
Tiandra0902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Tiandra0902
Member since 2005 • 99 Posts
The name of the connector would be useful. Is there no other way too get sound from my speakers or even another manufacturer of VGA cable i could use that could work off the sound card?
JIPGOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JIPGOOT
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

you wouldnt use ur pc's sound card as the xbox already has a sound card in. you need a lead with the following ends to connect normal stereo pc speakers, but you could put it through ur pc's line in channel on ur sound card and u can turn the volume on ur pc speakers thru the mixer in the system tray on windows vista/xp.

the lead should look like this

what ive done with mine is ive got a cinema sound system for my tv, all i do is wire my pc monitor to the xbox and put the 2 phono sound wires in to my cinema system on one of the videochannels and dont put a video lead into it, turn my xbox, cinema system amp and monitor on but leave my tv off and the sound comes thru my 5.1 instead and sounds great. you could easily use the same wires with the vga adapater and wire it to ur hifi amp just the same, or put it thru a scart channel on ur tv and leave it on with no picture for the sound.

to wire ur speakers direct to the xbox get the above leade but instead of a male end on the 3.5 headphone style jack get a female one (this lead is a little harder to find but you can easily find double endded female 3.5 jacks which act as couplers and change male leads to female sockets at the end.

but wiring thru a hifi or cinema system chanel and leaving ur tv off is best bet as u will get banging sound if its a nice bit of kit

JIPGOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JIPGOOT
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

http://i19.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/b8/29/4145_1.JPG

thats the picture anyways didnt come up as planned

ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
I need them as well .. im using some old karaoke machine for sound and its bad :lol: i have a nice sub-woofer and speakers for my PC that id love to use for my 360

What is that cable called?
bigmacsomethin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bigmacsomethin
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

I thinkits an AUX to Jack adapter that u need. I had the same problem but I needed a new sound system so I bought a 5.1 surround sound system (the thing is a beast) instead of gettin the adapter.

xBlitzerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9 xBlitzerx
Member since 2004 • 881 Posts

Yea, I've got a similar setup. Luckily my PC speakers have audio in on them. They aren't the best speakers (2.1 Altec Lansing) but they're ok.

I'm currently looking for aome 5.1 PC speakers with audio in. Seem to be rare though.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

no point buying pc speakers for ur xbox u need to get a proper 5.1 system for ur tv.

doubt u will find a pc speakers with 5.1 audio in. but all u have to do is buy female to female double endded connectors and then u get the inputs, they usually only 2/3 pounds each, just get on for each wire, or do the sensible thing if its for ur xbox and get a proper setup for ur tv, after all they always have several inputs built into the amp, no reason why you couldnt have ur xbox, dvd player, pc and tv hooked up to the same bit of kit, and u can find cheap ones if u mooch around, u get what u pay for so ifu think ur going to get a cheaper one by getting some generic pc subwoofer setup in long term ur going to be disapointed as the speakers will probs be crap and not have a long life and end up distorting and loosing the original quiality if u use them alot, but u can can cheap systems for ur tv as well pc, the tv one probs be best for ur xbox and tv like wont need any gay leads as well.

kslay88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 kslay88
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts
you need a 2 female 1 male audio adapter, you can get it at like bestbuy or radioshack (overpriced there btw)