Vegas or Oblivon, QUICK! I need help, FAST!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Minnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Minnn
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

okay, i'm getting a game tomorrow and i can't decide between The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion or Rainbow Six: Vegas. i don't have xbox live, but i will get it soon. i don't really like the idea of first person rpg, is it good? i never tried a first person rpg. also, i would like an offline co-op game. Is Vegas' offline co-op good? offline co-op doesn't really matter to me that much. if you count the multiplayer for Vegas, which game is better and which should i get? i would appreciate your help:)

edit: i'm getting the game in like 2 hours, i need help fasttt... please:P

DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
oblivion DEFINATELY!

because there is SO much to do,....get it nao!
Jeff_Boldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jeff_Boldt
Member since 2006 • 867 Posts
I got bored with oblivion after about 20 hours, it's a beutiful game and the story is pretty involving, but it feels to floaty and the combat is too .... detached? if you know what I mean. never played vegas but I don't like clancy games, they're too slow. It's up to you pretty much, and obliv. doesn't have co-op at all, so maybe that helps.
DarkMagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkMagic27
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts
gears has some good coop as well and oblivion can be a third person game..you just need to click the right ( i think ) analog stick
zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts

I have both. If you will have live soon, Vegas. If not, Oblivion or Vegas. They tie if you have Vegas' online, but for single player only, Oblivion is sick. I got it yesterday, and while it is really confusing since you can go anywhere, it is great.

crazygamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 crazygamer1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
If you want more for your $ go for Oblivion. The game has a 40+ hour main story line with about 150+ hours in side missions plus factor in you just wanting to wander around the games beautiful surroundings and explore dungeons and such...you're looking at over 200+ hours of gameplay. Very immersive, great story, plenty to do and see.
ergo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 ergo33
Member since 2003 • 64 Posts
while it's true OBLIVION does kick ass, like someone else said i didn't find that the combat felt right. didn't really feel like you were smiting the crap outta the enemies. i love RPGs tho and you definately get your moneys worth. however i found VEGAS too be way intense (i found it more exiting than OBLIVION), and i'm not the biggest FPS fan. hands down tho VEGAS is off the hook online, you can coop the main story or go up against others in several different match types. those are both solid choices, but ultimately you have to ask yourself...........do i prefer a game with a HUGE single player component only(it's a good thing if you can stay with it) or do i like my action intense and just down right satisfying (mainly speaking of the online portion, tho the single player game ain't bad either) tough call dude but u won't lose either way!!!!
PSPlayer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSPlayer24
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
oblivion DEFINATELY!

because there is SO much to do,....get it nao!
DarkMagic27
haha no. rainbow six is the way to go it's got coop and all the good stuff.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

i own both, and both are great ... i really prefer RSV multiplayer over GeOW, and i have never been a Oblivion, Morrowind style of RPG where you can do whatever you want, but i started playing it 2 days ago and i AM amazed with it, i really liked the storyline ( the little bit i know yet ), gameplay, Graphics, customization etc etc, really overlasting game ( will keep you busy for some months...or 1 WEEK ( 24/7 )like a guy posted some days ago )

well, both games are great depends on what you want Shooter = RSV, Overlasting RPG(150+hrs of gameplay)= Oblivion :shock: !!

Minnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Minnn
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
BUMPPP
laztradamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points