Two Worlds Or Stranglehold ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

Well im getting a new game today and ive narrowed it down to these two, yet im still not sure which one to get

Which one did you find the best out of the two ??

Thanks ! :D

Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts
Stranglehold. I beat it on normal and am having a lot of fun struggling my way through hard boiled. I didn't like two worlds that much, and I played it on pc.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
Stranglehold! :)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Two Worlds = Buy

Stranglehold = Rent

I own both. Stranglehold lasts for about 8 hours. Two Worlds can last as long as Oblivion since the world is larger.

blaqktheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 blaqktheory
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
If you're a hardcore RPG player and ejoyed oblivion get two worlds. If you're anything else get Stranglehold. My friend has it and it just blew me away.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
Stranglehold - if you are thinking Two Worlds, just keep playing Oblivion and save your money.
amroe333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 amroe333
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
stranglehold
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

Two Worlds = Buy

Stranglehold = Rent

I own both. Stranglehold lasts for about 8 hours. Two Worlds can last as long as Oblivion since the world is larger.

BioShockOwnz

Sound advice.

amroe333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amroe333
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Two Worlds = Buy

Stranglehold = Rent

TheCrazed420

Sound advice.

i have to agree.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
two worlds blows so bad...i would most likely BUY Stranglehold over that any-day.
stankypastah17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stankypastah17
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts
Two Wolds without a doubt. Stranglehold was amazing, for the day that it lasted. Two worlds is immersive and full of content.
The360Wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The360Wins
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts

everyone i know that has played 2 worlds said they liked it at first and then it sucked.

eatspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eatspie
Member since 2006 • 1716 Posts
Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.
ACE_Zodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ACE_Zodiac
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Two Worlds = One of the worst games I have ever played. The voice acting must have been done by retards, and the fighting system is horrible and unesscarily complicated. The online is the worst I have ever played in my life too. Don not buy two worlds. I mean, really! There's only one race to choose from, that race is human (lame). The frame rate is crap, the music is crap, you character walks totally slowly, horses are very hard to use, swimming in water is the equivalent of a slug moving on land. Don't even THINK of buying Two Worlds. Please, save your time and money, don't buy either of them. If you want a good RPG, go with oblivion, if you want a good shooter, get Lost Planet or wait for CoD4.
eatspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eatspie

Two Wolds without a doubt. Stranglehold was amazing, for the day that it lasted. Two worlds is immersive and full of content.stankypastah17

Did you actually play the game are did a freind tell you that it's 2007 when you have graphics that look superman 64 in a game now'adays no thats not good and whats up with theese character all of them have the same crappyvoices and faces and how come there no blacks and only like 3 women

warj87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 warj87
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts

two worlds if you want to waist some time doing All of those quest and stranglehold for a good multiplayer

cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts
neither...jesus, has noone said that?....two worlds is the worst rpg to date and stranglehold is far too short...save your money for something better coming....halo3....mass effect....army of two.....
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Halo3 :| lol if it HAS to be one of those 2 i'd say Stranglehold.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheCrazed420

Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.eatspie

Oh noes they actually made a main character that speaks and has a specific role, the horror!

I don't expect rpg noobs to understand why Two Worlds is good.

jonkirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 jonkirst
Member since 2005 • 3213 Posts
Well, I have to vote for Stranglehold (haven't played it) because I rented Two Worlds and sent it back after playing it for 15-20 minutes.
eatspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 eatspie

[QUOTE="eatspie"]Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.TheCrazed420

Oh noes they actually made a main character that speaks and has a specific role, the horror!

The main character sucks his voice sucks his face sucks this game sucks face it dude you wasted money on a game that sucks admitting is the first step to making a recovery to your fanboyisim.

stankypastah17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stankypastah17
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts
So bad voice acting makes a game bad? The graphics in Two Worlds are fine, the multiplayer is laggy, but stranglehold multiplayer sucks too. Two Worlds takes at least an hour of playing before oyu can really tap into it, and ocne oyu do , its the deepest RPG ive played in years. OBlivion is an action adventure game, not an RPG.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]

[QUOTE="eatspie"]Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.eatspie

The main character sucks his voice sucks his face sucks this game sucks face it dude you wasted money on a game that sucks admitting is the first step to making a recovery to your fanboyisim.

Yay for you. :| Now everyone must have the same opinion as you? :| Wow, I wish everyone listened to me and thought of my opinion as godly.

I rented Two Worlds, then I bought it when the rental period was up. You're wrong. Stop trolling and post about games you enjoy, bud.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#24 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.eatspie

~translation~ Two Worlds is much more involved and deep than Halo and I couldn't understand it. I got killed a lot during combat and I didn't understand that I have to spend points in horseriding for me to get good at it... If you want a watered down RPG that is very light in the RPG aspects that I like, get Oblivion... and if you have an opinion that differs from my own, you are a fanboy and i'm 15 years old.

anyways the two games do things much different than one another.

pick Stranglehold if you want a fast paced, shallow, short action game that runs smooth and looks great.

pick Two Worlds if you want to be patient with a deep, lenghty RPG that is choppy and doesn't look too good.

They both deserve 7's as they are both good games.

instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 instantdeath999
Two worlds has mixed opinions (I didn't like it after 3 hours of play, which may have not been enough). So rent two worlds and see. A lot of people say Stranglehold is a rental.... Ipersonally dissagree, because hard boiled is taking me a long time.
ashuncc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ashuncc2
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Two Worlds = Buy

Stranglehold = Rent

amroe333

Sound advice.

i have to agree.

ditto. I am around 30 hours into Two Worlds and just starting the story mode.

eatspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 eatspie

[QUOTE="eatspie"]Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.smerlus

~translation~ Two Worlds is much more involved and deep than Halo and I couldn't understand it. I got killed a lot during combat and I didn't understand that I have to spend points in horseriding for me to get good at it... If you want a watered down RPG that is very light in the RPG aspects that I like, get Oblivion... and if you have an opinion that differs from my own, you are a fanboy and i'm 15 years old.

anyways the two games do things much different than one another.

pick Stranglehold if you want a fast paced, shallow, short action game that runs smooth and looks great.

pick Two Worlds if you want to be patient with a deep, lenghty RPG that is choppy and doesn't look too good.

They both deserve 7's as they are both good games.

So im 15 years old because I hategames with bad graphics and bad gameplay yet youre an adult because you give a game a score it dosent deserve wow you make perfect sense (thats sarcasim). Oh and as far as im concerned yes you are a fanboy, badly need an rpg, or aare in extreme denial if you give a game like two worlds amything higher than a 7.5

sportivoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 sportivoo
Member since 2007 • 260 Posts

Two Worlds is the one of the best game all the time 8)

And believe me if you play the game more than 3 hours you will love the game

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#29 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

So im 15 years old because I hategames with bad graphics and bad gameplay yet youre an adult because you give a game a score it dosent deserve wow you make perfect sense (thats sarcasim). Oh and as far as im concerned yes you are a fanboy, badly need an rpg, or aare in extreme denial if you give a game like two worlds amything higher than a 7.5

eatspie

I'd say your 15 years old because of your namecalling of anyone whose opinion differs from yours and the fact that you can't articulate why you don't like this game.

The gameplay is bad? The combat is less shallow than Oblivion's yet you recommend Oblivion. In Oblivion you could march through the game at level 5, sneaking sucked, Bows were useless, there was far less weapons and armor, characters became jacks of all trades no matter what class you picked and everyone had the same experience in the game because no matter how you played the game... you could do the same quests as anyone else.

in Two World's you get your ass kicked at level 5, sneaking isn't too bad but still pretty broken, Bows are actually an option, there are tons of different weapons and armor to choose from, combat is a little more interesting thanks to combat orientated feats, you chraracter can be whatever you feel like... a jack of all trades or very proficient in a few things and the experience of a play through actually changes because some quests make other quests null encouraging further play throughs.

oh and graphics are horrid? Were any of the GTA graphics horrid because of the amount of things they have going on? in Two Worlds you have a farther viewing distance than Oblivion and a much more lively world. In Oblivion you could walk for 10 minutes and not see a single living thing, in two worlds you have a whole bunch of mundane animals, bandits, wolves, bears, monsters and creatures roaming all over the place and also the cities are seamlessly built into the world unlike Oblivion's. It's a shame that there are frequent loading times that cause the game to hiccup quite often... but other than that the game looks great for all the things it pulls off at once.

so i look forward to hearing your argument but pretty much all you can do so far is say "well this sucks, you're a fanboy" so i'm not expecting much.

Cisumurug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Cisumurug
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts

[QUOTE="eatspie"]Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.TheCrazed420

I don't expect anyone to think Two Worlds is good haha

I rented Two Worlds and I hated the game within the first 10 minutes, haven't played Stranglehold yet but I'm renting that as well.

eatspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eatspie
I really dontsee why you wanna argue just cause my opinion is different than yours if I think the game sucks its my opinion which I do have the right to share if you think its awesome go aheadI think its a mistake but go ahead throught my argument I never said youdident have the right to express it, so for now lets just agree to disagreeall I was trying to do was trying to tell the TC not to make the mistake I made IMO. Oh and man you'd make a hell of a lawyer.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]

[QUOTE="eatspie"]Have the two worlds fanboys lied to you and told you that game was good? Listen two worlds is the worst game to have been released this year it was horrible. It freezes every minute online play sucks character creation sucks you got to be awhite maleand horse riding isextremely bad as ishorse combat and regular combatif you really want an rpg get oblivion if you dont have it, but stranglehold is obviously better two worlds shouldve gotten lower than a 7.0.Cisumurug

I don't expect anyone to think Two Worlds is good haha

I rented Two Worlds and I hated the game within the first 10 minutes, haven't played Stranglehold yet but I'm renting that as well.

That is a common post. Many people(including myself) didn't enjoy the game for the first hour and I was seriously worried about having wasted my money. This game starts off bad.

You really can't expect to get a good impression of a game of this size in the first 10 minutes. Once you start getting into the quests and start levelling your character, the game opens up and shows that it has a lot to offer.

instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 instantdeath999
[QUOTE="eatspie"]

smerlus

I'd say your 15 years old because of your namecalling of anyone whose opinion differs from yours and the fact that you can't articulate why you don't like this game.

The gameplay is bad? The combat is less shallow than Oblivion's yet you recommend Oblivion. In Oblivion you could march through the game at level 5, sneaking sucked, Bows were useless, there was far less weapons and armor, characters became jacks of all trades no matter what class you picked and everyone had the same experience in the game because no matter how you played the game... you could do the same quests as anyone else.

in Two World's you get your ass kicked at level 5, sneaking isn't too bad but still pretty broken, Bows are actually an option, there are tons of different weapons and armor to choose from, combat is a little more interesting thanks to combat orientated feats, you chraracter can be whatever you feel like... a jack of all trades or very proficient in a few things and the experience of a play through actually changes because some quests make other quests null encouraging further play throughs.

oh and graphics are horrid? Were any of the GTA graphics horrid because of the amount of things they have going on? in Two Worlds you have a farther viewing distance than Oblivion and a much more lively world. In Oblivion you could walk for 10 minutes and not see a single living thing, in two worlds you have a whole bunch of mundane animals, bandits, wolves, bears, monsters and creatures roaming all over the place and also the cities are seamlessly built into the world unlike Oblivion's. It's a shame that there are frequent loading times that cause the game to hiccup quite often... but other than that the game looks great for all the things it pulls off at once.

so i look forward to hearing your argument but pretty much all you can do so far is say "well this sucks, you're a fanboy" so i'm not expecting much.

But your doing the same thing as Oblivion. Im going to play two worlds again and get at least 10 hours, because from what ive heard, it deserves at least that. But personally, I thought Oblivion was a great game. Yes, you can march through the game at level 5, become good at every skill, and do the same quests as everyone else. But that opens it up to so much more people... even people who don't play video games (many people ive known loved it and have never enjoyed a video game other then pacman). This can be a letdown to a huge rpg fan, though its good that it was open to so many people imo. Personally, I think they should have had an option to make enemies level with you.... oh well.

On sneaking and bows, I actually came to enjoy them later... sneaking was no splinter cell, but it was okay, and the bows actually helped me out a lot when I made someone with marksman as a primary skill. But thats just my opinion.

My opinion on two worlds is not very valid, because I have only played 3:30. But from that time, I didn't find the draw distance to be better then oblivion... maybe I wasnt paying attention? I don't know, but ill just have to see.

Anyway, thats just my opinion on oblivion... im going to have to play two worlds a bit more... from my experience already, I think oblivion is a better game. Just because its not extremely hard isnt enough of a reason for me not to like it. But like ive already said, my opinion on two worlds is probaly less then valid.