Turning off automatic renewal on Live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SpaceMountain86
SpaceMountain86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SpaceMountain86
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

I've looked everywhere on my dashboard to try and find where I can turn off automatic renewal for Live, but I can't find it and Microsoft keeps charging my debit card. :evil: Yeah, I want to keep Live but I want to renew on my own terms when I feel like it. Can anyone help me out? It's like they hid the option to turn off auto renewal on purpose.

Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Liberator72
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
Link your gamertag on xbox.com, go to account management on the website. you can turn it off there
Avatar image for SpaceMountain86
SpaceMountain86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SpaceMountain86
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts
Link your gamertag on xbox.com, go to account management on the website. you can turn it off thereLiberator72
Thanks, man. Why did they make it where you have to log in online to turn it off instead of just off your dashboard? Weak.
Liberator72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Liberator72
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts
I have no idea, but at least you can do that now. You used to have to call Microsoft billing to switch it off EDIT:- Just a thought, if you don't want to bother doing that then you can just change a few details on your credit card from the dashboard (e.g. your name or address linked to the credit card) that will cause the card not to work next time they try to use it and automaticaly turn auto renewal off. Thats what i did the first time
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
or you could just remove your credit card details...it cant renew Live if it has no funds to use
MERROW_ROW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MERROW_ROW
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Actually If you have auto renew turned on then you cant remove your payment option. It's a real Dick move on microsoft's part.
slywackojacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slywackojacko
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Link your gamertag on xbox.com, go to account management on the website. you can turn it off thereLiberator72
where is the option to turn it off???PLEASE HELP ME!!
thinsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thinsam
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Go on the Xbox home page and log in. then go to My account, Membership level and then click the ON next to Auto renew (Automatic renewal:ON) and it gives an option to turn Off or ON
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="Liberator72"]Link your gamertag on xbox.com, go to account management on the website. you can turn it off thereSpaceMountain86
Thanks, man. Why did they make it where you have to log in online to turn it off instead of just off your dashboard? Weak.

Not really. They just added that option a few months ago. Before you would have to call customer support to cancel Live automatic renewals.
DemonBullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DemonBullets
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The [ON] button is not highlighted and can not be pressed. Just tried it myself and it cant be selected. Why would microsoft allow you to turn auto renewal on from the dashboard but not to be able to turn it off from the same place???I remember turning it on myself (from the dashboard) a couple of weeks back but now realized its a stupid idea and tried to turn it off but cant.

Are microsoft hoping that we are all too lazy to ring and cancel it or that we dont want to ring and speak to someone who cant understand a word I'm saying in my English twang hahaha.

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

I pressed the 'ON' in the membership level in account summary on the xbox website and it worked. It opened up the renewal thing and i could press off. My subscription ends in 29 days. Damn that means theyre still taking one more payment out. Oh well. I hardly use live anymore. Halo 3 full of kids and all my friends on there gone quiet. I hate paying for the damn thing too. Oh well.

COD4_Shinedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 COD4_Shinedown
Member since 2008 • 5673 Posts

Damn guys, thank you so so much for this! I've been trying to turn auto renewal off since March this year and I just did it then. Big thanks to all who offered help :D.

mkeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mkeyou
Member since 2008 • 995 Posts

yesss,finally

Avatar image for NorwiegianToast
NorwiegianToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NorwiegianToast
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread. Finally auto-renewal is off. WHEW. Thanks.:o

xQwicKzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xQwicKzz
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
how do you do that
xQwicKzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xQwicKzz
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
can somebody please tell me how to do it i really need it
ajhinkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ajhinkle
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

You have to call X-box support @ 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Very quick and easy, only took a few minutes on the phone with a support member,

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Not all countries have the option to turn it off on xbox.com. You have to call customer support and request to turn it off. That's what I had to do.
SelfieDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SelfieDK
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

They really should make it so you can turn it off at the dashboard