trick i found to deal with RROD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jlesaistu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jlesaistu
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

my xbox had some RROD problem before when i was using a intercooler....i removed it and it worked fine for over a year.

now it start have RROD again (he lasted long)...and finally, don't want to start anymore...

i tryed almost everythings, unplugging, replugging, playing with stuff, shaking it a little, playing with intercooler...

nothings.

so i took a look on internet and seen how poeple repair it by opening it and all the things...and some other crazy stuff like putting it in towel to make it overheat (it suposely work)..but i was not safe about it.

so i tryed somethings crazy, but with no risk for the 360...

i putted it in the freezer (not to long, or yes it could cause problem) about 10-15 minute. just to have it get cold...quickly get it out of there, plugged it and.....HE WORKED.

he can aparently work forever (5 hour in a row) but as soon i close it (even is 1 minute after), he RROD again if i try to start it again......

but a other little trip in the freezer and good to go for a long while again.

make it start about 6 time this way, worked everytime.

so i told myself i could say it to the planet!...if some of you have RROD problem, it could worth try. a little 10 minute in the freezer won't break it.

Natedogg_NJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Natedogg_NJB
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

my xbox had some RROD problem before when i was using a intercooler....i removed it and it worked fine for over a year.

now it start have RROD again (he lasted long)...and finally, don't want to start anymore...

i tryed almost everythings, unplugging, replugging, playing with stuff, shaking it a little, playing with intercooler...

nothings.

so i took a look on internet and seen how poeple repair it by opening it and all the things...and some other crazy stuff like putting it in towel to make it overheat (it suposely work)..but i was not safe about it.

so i tryed somethings crazy, but with no risk for the 360...

i putted it in the freezer (not to long, or yes it could cause problem) about 10-15 minute. just to have it get cold...quickly get it out of there, plugged it and.....HE WORKED.

he can aparently work forever (5 hour in a row) but as soon i close it (even is 1 minute after), he RROD again if i try to start it again......

but a other little trip in the freezer and good to go for a long while again.

make it start about 6 time this way, worked everytime.

so i told myself i could say it to the planet!...if some of you have RROD problem, it could worth try. a little 10 minute in the freezer won't break it.

Jlesaistu

Wait I've seen this before.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26474226

makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1291 Posts
i know this is a forum area but that grammar is not acceptable regardless of where you are writing. do you even speak english?
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Freezer would just result in moisture getting into the system and thus damaging it more. Your trick is a phailure.
atagatewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 atagatewood
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

there's plenty of tutorials online on how to fix it

why would you put it in the freezer?

thats what people say to do when they want to get a good laugh

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

I'm sorry but your thread is just soo funny! I mean the logic behind this is obviously coming from a broken logic generator from cloud nine or something, a freezer? first of all, it could so easily get wet in there and then you'll be making it worse as electronics and moisture don't mix! I'm surprised (given you're telling the truth) that it actually worked though... anyways, I suggest trying some other methods or god forbid, sending it in for repairs.

daboytroy1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 daboytroy1000
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts

ROFL thanks ill keep that in mind when i get the RROD which i havent had since the start of 2007 =]