transfer from one hard drive to another hard drive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deperkster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deperkster16
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have recently bought a new hard drive to replace my faulty one. I was wondering if I did an account recovery will it bring all of my game saves and information along with it. It is just a live account with all of the game data that I care about , and I do not want to lose any of the information. The old hard drive works after 30 minutes load time to get to the first screen, but is fine after that unless I try to get into the memory, where it crashes and fails. In simpler terms. If i just do the account recovery, will I get everything onto the new harddrive?

Thank you for your help

-cp

Alpha-909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Alpha-909
Member since 2007 • 797 Posts
Nope just your account. You will have to start over, but you can get your DLC back for free. Just re-download it.
deperkster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deperkster16
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Nope just your account. You will have to start over, but you can get your DLC back for free. Just re-download it.Alpha-909

the guy on the phone who i called 5 times said that it brings over all of the information, including saves,

but he was indian. Don't you love outsourcing

Avatar image for StromileSwiftee
StromileSwiftee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 StromileSwiftee
Member since 2003 • 385 Posts

[QUOTE="Alpha-909"]Nope just your account. You will have to start over, but you can get your DLC back for free. Just re-download it.deperkster16

the guy on the phone who i called 5 times said that it brings over all of the information, including saves,

but he was indian. Don't you love outsourcing

Call Lou Dobbs... he'll get to the bottom off it in a half hour

Ploomy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Ploomy94
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
im running out of memory on my current hard drive and im want 2 get another hard drive maybe 1 with more memory , how do i get all of my saved games , gamertag , achievements and every thing 2 my new hard drive , thanks
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
account recovery only gets you your gamertag back, all your individual game saves are stored on your HDD
O0mix0O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 O0mix0O
Member since 2009 • 136 Posts

According to a friend of mine, you can get Microsoft to send you a lead that you plug into each port in each hard drive and can copy all your stuff to it. Or you could just buy a memory card...

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

According to a friend of mine, you can get Microsoft to send you a lead that you plug into each port in each hard drive and can copy all your stuff to it. Or you could just buy a memory card...

O0mix0O
i think he said his old HDD is corrupted, unless i misinterpreted his original post
O0mix0O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 O0mix0O
Member since 2009 • 136 Posts

Oh, sorry if that's the case. I'd suggest getting in touch with Microsoft then =/

voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
what i do is use my memory card for most of my game saves in the event that my hdd faults out...