Tranferring DLC from one XBOX360 to another.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

screecwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 screecwe
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts
I'm in kind of an odd situation. I'm currently deployed overseas and I only have access to very slow internet. We have about 15-20 guys who play COD4 often in our down time and we'd like to get the new maps. I downloaded them but because of how our internet is(it requires you to sign on with a webbrowser for an IP lease) others have problems downloading them. Not to mention it takes a few days straight of downloading to get the 440 meg file. Is it possible to transfer the file over via the 512 memory card(which id have to buy) or the Datel Xsata(which id also have to buy). They of course would purchase the pack, but i was hoping i could simply share the file itself with them. Any way this would work?
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

I'm in kind of an odd situation. I'm currently deployed overseas and I only have access to very slow internet. We have about 15-20 guys who play COD4 often in our down time and we'd like to get the new maps. I downloaded them but because of how our internet is(it requires you to sign on with a webbrowser for an IP lease) others have problems downloading them. Not to mention it takes a few days straight of downloading to get the 440 meg file. Is it possible to transfer the file over via the 512 memory card(which id have to buy) or the Datel Xsata(which id also have to buy). They of course would purchase the pack, but i was hoping i could simply share the file itself with them. Any way this would work?screecwe

I dont know for sure but I doubt it. MS probably has some thing in there to stop file sharing like that because, even though your intentions are legit, it would be used for pirating DLC like crazy. Even though they would have purchased the content, I doubt you could install it that way. DONT TAKE MY WORD THOUGH.... it's just an opinion with no basis in fact at all!!! It's a free "bump" for someone else to see your post though!

matt3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 matt3456
Member since 2002 • 326 Posts
You can't share files with other systems. They would have to use your gamertag and you would have to be connected to xbox live to use the maps like that. Only one system at a time would be able to use the maps. Sorry, but the only real solution is for everyone to download the maps. And thanks for you service to our country.
screecwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 screecwe
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts
Thanks a lot for the replies guys. Looks like im gonna be hot swapping those xboxs onto my internet to get everything downloaded heh. Probably gonna take a week or two. COD4 makes the time go by quite well ive gotta admit.