Too Human Reviews to Harsh?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 thebaronmoo
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
Now personally I haven't picked it up. But I think reviewers are being too harsh! I played the demo and I really liked it. It was a good rpg and looked and played very well. I think 5.5 is waaaay to harsh. It is a very fun game! What are your thoughts?
hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

Dude use the search engine. Their are like 50 Too Human topics all about the reviews. You can probably find them on the first 3 pages.

Magebane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Magebane
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts

Not harsh at all, why are you people living in a fantasy world?

Just go buy Diablo II if you want to fulfull that clicky side of you. You played a small portion of the game, the game is getting panned across the board by respectable reviewers and there are STILL people here crying heresy or admonishing reviews, saying no one leads them around!

If you feel so adamantly that everyone is wrong, and you'll love the game by all means waste your money and tell Silicon Knights they can make a junk game - but if they connotate it with what made D2 so great, people like you who ARENT SPOON FED by anyone will still buy it. w00t.

thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thebaronmoo

Just go buy Diablo II if you want to fulfull that clicky side of you. You played a small portion of the game, the game is getting panned across the board by respectable reviewers and there are STILL people here crying heresy or admonishing reviews, saying no one leads them around!

If you feel so adamantly that everyone is wrong, and you'll love the game by all means waste your money and tell Silicon Knights they can make a junk game - but if they connotate it with what made D2 so great, people like you who ARENT SPOON FED by anyone will still buy it. w00t.

Magebane

i have never played diablo and have no idea what its like. and im not saying everybody is wrong. its there opinion and i respect that. im just asking people who have it how good it is cuz i might want to buy it

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Too Human is not crap. It's a love it or hate it type of game. I loved the demo, so I'm buying it. Simple.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
It deserves what it got. The demo was horrible enough.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

It deserves what it got. The demo was horrible enough.DJCUEBALL

I agree the demo was crap but 5.5 does seem a little to harsh. I was expecting atleast a 6.5

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Nope, a poor game requires a poor score.
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
Nope, a poor game requires a poor score.SouL-Tak3R
no, broken games deserve poor scores. Only bad parts of too human was the camera and autotargetting. Just because you can't comprehend a control system that uses the stick instead of button mashing doesn't mean its poor. And yes, 5.5 was too harsh and severely undeserved.
bannermanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bannermanner
Member since 2003 • 484 Posts

Magebane

What he said. A fun demo doesn't guarantee an excellent product.

carlBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 carlBS
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts

Now personally I haven't picked it up. But I think reviewers are being too harsh! I played the demo and I really liked it. It was a good rpg and looked and played very well. I think 5.5 is waaaay to harsh. It is a very fun game! What are your thoughts?thebaronmoo

How can you say its a very fun game and at the same time say that you havn't played it? Sounds fishie

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

If you feel so adamantly that everyone is wrong, and you'll love the game by all means waste your money and tell Silicon Knights they can make a junk game- but if they connotate it with what made D2 so great, people like you who ARENT SPOON FED by anyone will still buy it. w00t.

Magebane

Man i love people who think their opinion is fact.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
it seems a bit too harsh to me. the people before me were right. just because it has a bad targeting system and camera angles doesn't mean it sucks! and if the voice acting isn't the best, just turn on the subtitles and mute the tv! I think it's gonna be a descent game, though. and they only pointed out a few bad things about the game on the final verdict of the written review. it should of at least gotten a 7.0 to and 8.0
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
xplay just gave it a 4 out of 5 but i personally dont listen to xplay anymore. every game they follow for a long time they give a good score to nowadays. there use to be a time where their reviews meant something now they mean diddly.
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
Now personally I haven't picked it up. But I think reviewers are being too harsh! I played the demo and I really liked it. It was a good rpg and looked and played very well. I think 5.5 is waaaay to harsh. It is a very fun game! What are your thoughts?thebaronmoo

same here
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
No this game is definite shovelware. Kane and Lynch is a much better game and that was trash, albeit fun trash.
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts
I agree. Plus it's not like the GS reviewers are the "be all and end all" of reviews..... I mean, if the GS reviewers are anything like the forum mod's, their opinion means less than nothing to me.
Diernes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Diernes
Member since 2005 • 378 Posts
I dont think its justified, its much better than that abysmal KUF: Circle of Doom game and that got a higher score.... I think it deserves a 6.5 at least
AphexSpawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AphexSpawn
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts
5.5 is right on the cameras are horrable n the control scheme is irratateing the only thing that would seem fun is the multi player but that probaly wouldnt help the poor combat system. At least the graphics were good, maybe if Unreal hadnt screwed them over back n the day when they had to completly remake the game then they wouldve made some thing great to bad they didnt.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
i think it was, i think the demo was atleast an 8...
thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thebaronmoo

[QUOTE="thebaronmoo"]Now personally I haven't picked it up. But I think reviewers are being too harsh! I played the demo and I really liked it. It was a good rpg and looked and played very well. I think 5.5 is waaaay to harsh. It is a very fun game! What are your thoughts?carlBS

How can you say its a very fun game and at the same time say that you havn't played it? Sounds fishie

whoops! bad typing! sorry. ive played the demo and liked and thought it was very fun. my bad.

crosis420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 crosis420
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Dude use the search engine. Their are like 50 Too Human topics all about the reviews. You can probably find them on the first 3 pages.

hellshemi

ya what he said really use the search

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
no they were not harsh at all, just look at the reasons
t8trg8tr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 t8trg8tr
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
I don't think it was a good game, but it deserves more of a 6.0-6.5.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="DJCUEBALL"]It deserves what it got. The demo was horrible enough.SaintBlaze

I agree the demo was crap but 5.5 does seem a little to harsh. I was expecting atleast a 6.5

GameInformer gave it a 6.5

War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts

A game with that much delays surely had some problems, and I wouldn't doubt it would not meet everyone's expectations. Besides, Too Human is planned as a trilogy, so if Silicon Knights doesn't go bankrupt, at least you can wait a few years for a better sequel.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
I thought the review on here was too harsh, it at least deserved at 6.5 or 7.0, it seemed like the guy was just pointing out only the negatives about the game.
alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts
not surprised. If anyone followed the game over the past year or so, you would have known that the first demo made a horrible appearance at last years e3 or some other big event, don't remember, but tha's not important...the game was bashed and criticized, and apparently, the devs couldn't save it. I watched some of the newer videos and it just looks pathetic. Like a really bad version of DMC. but hey, if you like buying crap games, more power to you.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I guess a lot of people are dissapointed, if the game really sucks that bad.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Don't tell me you seriously didn't see it coming, and if you really didn't, you either have a really bad taste in games or you are just a complete retard thats my opinion of the game

SavoyPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#31 SavoyPrime
Member since 2003 • 41098 Posts

Kevin Pereira certainly thinks the GS review was too harsh. Click here for his video rant.

I think Kevin took it a bit too hard.

devin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 devin360
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

I think its a waste of time and peoples money to make games like this. For that reason, its good to see games like too human being harshly criticized.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

Kevin Pereira certainly thinks the GS review was too harsh. Click for his video rant.SavoyPrime

I had to delete the link in my quote of you because he swore and the mods here will suspend you for nearly anything but I have to say that was a good find. Big fan of Kevin Pereira (and Munn..... and Webb mmmmm) and I think he hit it on the head. Yeah the game has faults but it is a ton of fun for those that like it and 5.5 was just stupid.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

It amazes me that everyone is upset mainly becuase it didn't receive the 8's and 9s that everyone was expecting. If you look at the scores on Gamerankings they range from 5 (Gamespot) to 7.8 (IGN). To me this shows that the game is average, not horribly bad, but not as great as everyone was expecting.

I can't stand how just because one site gives a game an average score automatically means we can't buy it. I have been gaming for over 20 years and have bougth games that reviewers have panned and still had fun times playing them. The bottom line when it comes to whether someone is goign to buy Too Human or not will depend on how much people factor the reviews into their purchase. People that do probably won't. Those who will look at the scores and say one site gaveit a 5.5 whiel another gave it a 7.8 and will decide to give it a try. Other will say screw the reviews and wait until actually players give their reviews of the games. Frankly those are the reviews I tend to trust more than the critic reviews.

People need to realize the game is not going to be the Killer App that everyoen was hoping for, but that will not necessarily mean it is a horrible game simply because it got average reviews. Personally I read the reviews and still intend on giving the game a chance before passing judgement on which reviewers were harsh or not harsh enough.

racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

Kevin Pereira certainly thinks the GS review was too harsh. Click here for his video rant.SavoyPrime

I agree..the reviews here are going nuts

Ligh_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ligh_warrior
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts
meh, I dont pay attention with GS reviews, I only listen to gametrailers and Giantbomb (they gave it a 3 star) Gamespot is a joke now.
briancporter13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 briancporter13
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The score is realistic, especially considering the rest of the games out that one could be playing instead...

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
you are just playing the demo no one can really say what its like to you have the full game, and no i don't think its harsh even though i kinda feel sorry for the developers 10 years in development and now bad reviews and it seems reviews can push sales quite abit or abit more there are not alot of games with bad reviews that had good sales and sequels.
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
Too harsh? No, not at all, in fact, hopefully a sign of things to come. These are sixty dollar videogames, reviewers need to be VERY harsh.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
I'm not surprised.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Definitely too harsh. I'd give the game an 8-8.5

Gamespots 5.5 is definitely questionable. Ign gave it a 7.5 which is a much more reasonable and fair score.

ABoffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ABoffman
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts

That game sucked some serious nuts. A 5.5 isn't harsh, it's right on.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

There's no such thing as being too harsh on a game that's been in developement for 10 years!

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="thebaronmoo"]Now personally I haven't picked it up. But I think reviewers are being too harsh! I played the demo and I really liked it. It was a good rpg and looked and played very well. I think 5.5 is waaaay to harsh. It is a very fun game! What are your thoughts?Patriot298

There's no such thing as being too harsh on a game that's been in developement for 10 years!

That's part of the problem too. The critics are being very harsh and grading it based on hype and the devs. I think people were letdown by Silicon Knights so they wanted them to see it.

Why else did IGN rant for 2 paragraphs about playing a Medic in a single or 2 player game?

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

i've played much worser games that have gotten higher scores. too human is underrated. no game with that much of depth is worthy of a 5.5/10.

and like so many people have said: they get turned off by the controller scheme. i was at first too but after a second playthrough i got accostumed to it and started to like it very much. there is also a camera-reset button but people probably doesn't there is one.

this game is a solid 7.5 at least.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#46 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Reviews are just one persons personal opinion.

After seeing Gamespot give so many great games average scores, ive learned not to trust gamespots reviews ever.

They gave Lost Odyssey and terrible review and i thought it was a 9+/AA game. Sam goes for NG2, Ratchet and clank (ps3), Team Fortres 2 (PC), the list could go on and on about gamespot reviews that i dissagree with. Make your own decision by renting it and then deciding if you want to buy or not.

What pisses me off about reviews, is when someone who HATES a certain genre and then reviews a game in that genre and basically doesnt give any good reasons why it got a low score.

FPSunionOWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FPSunionOWNS
Member since 2007 • 2030 Posts
x play gave it 4 out of 5 and said to ignore the video game websites.