TOO HUMAN DEMO UP now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts

Yep

Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts
indeed, mine is at 60%.
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts
yes sir dl it now
yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts
hells yea, looking forward to trying it out.
Acez626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Acez626
Member since 2006 • 690 Posts
ugh only 13%
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
72 percent
Hikaru_Isamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Hikaru_Isamu
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
I'm rocking out... One percent.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
How many mb?
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 franky_babylon
Is it just me or you cant press start at the title screeen I have yet to play it
iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts
Tell me what you guys think
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 franky_babylon
Someone post if they got to actually play the game I get to the tree and cant press start so I end up watchin the whole opening scene then it goes back to the screen with the tree
TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#12 TheJuggla17
Member since 2003 • 16307 Posts

This is complete crap! I've waited all these years to finally get a chase to play this game and the demo is defected!

Won't let me get passed the main menu, not a good sign from Silicon Knights.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Toriko42
Pretty good demo, not a GOTY, not a AAA

AA easily though, good cinematics, mediocre graphics, good facial animations, good dialogue, booming sound effects, some odd inconsistencies (Sound of heart beating when you die), combat is a bit clunky but easy to get used to, camera isn't great.
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts

I will have to try it out.

:)

Be my deciding factor to buy it or not.

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 franky_babylon
Pretty good demo, not a GOTY, not a AAA

AA easily though, good cinematics, mediocre graphics, good facial animations, good dialogue, booming sound effects, some odd inconsistencies (Sound of heart beating when you die), combat is a bit clunky but easy to get used to, camera isn't great.
Toriko42
So you have played the actual game not just watched some cut scene
xKGBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xKGBxx
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts
i like the demo, its pretty fun and theres so much to do, decent graphics and great sound, only i hope they fix is the camera but its pretty cool
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
How many mb is the download?
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

finnished downloading im going to try it out and see if works now

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 franky_babylon
Ive been waiting to play this since the launch of the 360 but after hearing all the problems in development I figured it would be bad but I studied Norse mythology and after trailers I still wanted to give it a shot. Only to find out the demo doesnt work I have tried different controllers,restarted my 360,deleted the demo and re-downloaded it and still I cant get pass the screen with the tree.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Pretty good demo, not a GOTY, not a AAA

franky_babylon

Yeah I played it all
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 franky_babylon
[QUOTE="franky_babylon"][QUOTE="Toriko42"]Pretty good demo, not a GOTY, not a AAA

Toriko42

Yeah I played it all

I* know it sounds dumb but did u have to do anything other than press start at the screen
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jaforbe

How many mb is the download?Hitchy9

1.09gb

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
if loot collecting isnt ur type of game then you just wont like this game, however since there hasnt been one this gen im in the mood for collecting some loot and will get this game, it's A to AA worthy the full game would be better no doubt
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
I liked the demo.
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
just played it and it was pretty dumb
visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#27 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
I liked the demo.dukebd699
Oh come one your already done? I'm still downloading. 24%
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
i can't sliver account
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 franky_babylon
If you too are having probs with pressing start to start the demo unplug the censor for Scene It the game.
jameeler91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 jameeler91
Member since 2006 • 1312 Posts
i can't sliver accounttony2077ca

XD you can still DL it you just cant play games on live.
Still downloading mine 30 %%
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaforbe
I thought the demo was alright. Some cool concepts. The combat was getting a little tedious for me tho. It was a long demo too. It took me 44 minutes to finish.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dukebd699

[QUOTE="dukebd699"]I liked the demo.visceron
Oh come one your already done? I'm still downloading. 24%

I was up when it came out and it only took me 15 minutes to download

gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts
i thought that the demo had decent graphics, but i really liked the art direction.the combat feels a little bit clunky and could take some getting used to.i think that the camera definitly needs some work as well.for now i will give silicon knights the benefit of the doubt.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dukebd699

I thought the demo was alright. Some cool concepts. The combat was getting a little tedious for me tho. It was a long demo too. It took me 44 minutes to finish.Jaforbe

It's nice that it wasn't incredibly short like alot of demos.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dukebd699

i thought that the demo had decent graphics, but i really liked the art direction.the combat feels a little bit clunky and could take some getting used to.i think that the camera definitly needs some work as well.for now i will give silicon knights the benefit of the doubt.gamegod

The camera was my main complaint. I thought it was horrible.

xKGBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xKGBxx
Member since 2007 • 202 Posts

[QUOTE="gamegod"]i thought that the demo had decent graphics, but i really liked the art direction.the combat feels a little bit clunky and could take some getting used to.i think that the camera definitly needs some work as well.for now i will give silicon knights the benefit of the doubt.dukebd699

agreed , the camera was my only concern
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dukebd699
Could you even control it. I thought at the beggining of the demo it said right stick but that's for your sword, hammer, whatever. I've also been up for 24 hours straight so I wasn't completely on high alert and paying attention to detail.
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaforbe
I think all you could do was center the camera behind you.
violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

It's not a bad game, but not really good either.
Probably a rent.

My main concern, as I can see others thought this; Was the camera controls were crap, being that there wasn't any. Relying on the camera reset button is pretty fail. The whole time, I kept hitting the sword button wanting to move the camera. Horrible design choice. They could have gotten the same effect with one of the main four buttons, me thinks.

Minor graphical hitches, but that's to be expected with a demo.
I put emphasis on minor. There's still a pretty good looking game there, either way.

I liked Diablo.
This is no Diablo.

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dukebd699
I think it has potential. I have Gamefly so I'm playing it anyways eventually.
Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot :X
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#42 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

wow, so the camera is still an issue...even after 2 years from the last horrible E3 showing eh? geez

well, gladly i can overlook camera issues...need to DL the demo as soon as i get home from work.

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

I guess I'll beat a dead horse and say the camera was god-awful. Clunky sword combat, shooting was fun, graphics were cool sometimes, but still not in the same league as Mass Effect

I'll give it a generous 7/10

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 franky_babylon

I've been waiting for this game since launch of the 360 and I love Norse mythology but For all the time in development and delays,the hype then the highly publicized bout with Epic this game is meh. Who came up with that came idea they should be fired, as said I don't see what the RS brought to the fighting and combos that a face button could not have instead of the LB re-centering the cam it could have been the fighting button and I could have controlled the cam with the RS. If they would have made it kind of like skate or FNR3 were you made certain shapes or moves with the RS then I could see the necessity to have it assigned to the RS.

I did like the looting and leveling up and co-op but I thought the graphics was going to be better, I expected better from Silicon Knights. Its a rent for me.

franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 franky_babylon

I guess I'll beat a dead horse and say the camera was god-awful. Clunky sword combat, shooting was fun, graphics were cool sometimes, but still not in the same league as Mass Effect

I'll give it a generous 7/10

skullkrusher13
Yup forgot about the clunky sword combat I thought the animation was going to be more fluid
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="gamegod"]i thought that the demo had decent graphics, but i really liked the art direction.the combat feels a little bit clunky and could take some getting used to.i think that the camera definitly needs some work as well.for now i will give silicon knights the benefit of the doubt.dukebd699

I thought the camera wasnt as bad as people made it out to be before the release of the demo. It was the least of my concerns. The combat system and controls was on top of my list of worries. The chain attacks although sometimes fun, is broken down by clunky controls. One second you're nailing vicious string attacks and then you sudden stop because the controls are out of sync. And it lacked that "umph" gamers want when you play a game that has hack n slash in the combat system. It was too slow for me. I was expecting it to be faster and more action packed. There were moments when the chain attacks sped up and the combos were sweet but there was too much inconsistency to really enjoy it. I thought the cutscenes were okay, nothing great and the voice acting was sub-par with other games, nothing special. I wasnt moved by the characters at all. I didnt feel like I was watching a cutscene from a movie, let's put it that way. Graphics were up to par, but not great. It's too bad they couldnt use Unreal 3 Engine because it looks like they need it. Well... the graphics engine they built from scratch looks fine but they didnt polish it up enough. At the start of the game where you pick the class, I was like, "Omg...another Haze." There were jaggies and everything and I was like WTF?! This cant be..." But then the graphics got better. I hope it's 720p but somehow I DOUBT IT. I'm sure it's a lower resolution, which I do not understand because it's a next-gen game.

The string attacks controlled by the right control stick should be an option. Melee should be the "A" button. Combat shouldnt be limited to chain attacks, it should always be an option and I think that's where Silicon Knights F'ed up. There should be a manual lock-on-system. When you're meleeing and shooting at enemies, it locks on. But as I'm entering combat, I would like to be able to lock on to enemies as I choose, for better tactics. Let me get to the trolls. When I was playing the demo, I couldnt find a way to lock on to the Troll without having to shoot at it. While you're shooting at it, it locks on to one specific body part and you had to toggle from one body part to the next WHILE STILL SHOOTING. I thought that was just some half-ass controls. I wasted a lot of ammo, therefore I had to run around while my ammo recharged. For a dungeon crawler like this, there should be a lock on system like Zelda. Controls were clunky and let's just say not good. I really wanted to to enjoy it but I couldnt.

I think when Silicon Knights was making the game, they were thinking how THEY would enjoy the game and not the fans, the gamers. It felt like the controls were acustomed to them and not for us. They didnt listen to the fans/the consumers when we're the ones that are going to be buying this game. They were so confident in Too Human that they had their blinds on to see that this game needs a lot of work. Ten years in the making, for what? It feels like this game needs another 10 more because Silicon Knights doesnt know how to cut the cake. They need to send someone out here to read game forums now because this game needs last minute changes. The way SK runs business, I highly doubt they will do anything about it. I think what we've played in the demo is going to be the final product and it's sad. Here's to 10 years for notihng.

neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
[QUOTE="dukebd699"]

[QUOTE="gamegod"]i thought that the demo had decent graphics, but i really liked the art direction.the combat feels a little bit clunky and could take some getting used to.i think that the camera definitly needs some work as well.for now i will give silicon knights the benefit of the doubt.Elann2008

I thought the camera wasnt as bad as people made it out to be before the release of the demo. It was the least of my concerns. The combat system and controls was on top of my list of worries. The chain attacks although sometimes fun, is broken down by clunky controls. One second you're nailing vicious string attacks and then you sudden stop because the controls are out of sync. And it lacked that "umph" gamers want when you play a game that has hack n slash in the combat system. It was too slow for me. I was expecting it to be faster and more action packed. There were moments when the chain attacks sped up and the combos were sweet but there was too much inconsistency to really enjoy it. I thought the cutscenes were okay, nothing great and the voice acting was sub-par with other games, nothing special. I wasnt moved by the characters at all. I didnt feel like I was watching a cutscene from a movie, let's put it that way. Graphics were up to par, but not great. It's too bad they couldnt use Unreal 3 Engine because it looks like they need it. Well... the graphics engine they built from scratch looks fine but they didnt polish it up enough. At the start of the game where you pick the class, I was like, "Omg...another Haze." There were jaggies and everything and I was like WTF?! This cant be..." But then the graphics got better. I hope it's 720p but somehow I DOUBT IT. I'm sure it's a lower resolution, which I do not understand because it's a next-gen game.

The string attacks controlled by the right control stick should be an option. Melee should be the "A" button. Combat shouldnt be limited to chain attacks, it should always be an option and I think that's where Silicon Knights F'ed up. There should be a manual lock-on-system. When you're meleeing and shooting at enemies, it locks on. But as I'm entering combat, I would like to be able to lock on to enemies as I choose, for better tactics. Let me get to the trolls. When I was playing the demo, I couldnt find a way to lock on to the Troll without having to shoot at it. While you're shooting at it, it locks on to one specific body part and you had to toggle from one body part to the next WHILE STILL SHOOTING. I thought that was just some half-ass controls. I wasted a lot of ammo, therefore I had to run around while my ammo recharged. For a dungeon crawler like this, there should be a lock on system like Zelda. Controls were clunky and let's just say not good. I really wanted to to enjoy it but I couldnt.

I think when Silicon Knights was making the game, they were thinking how THEY would enjoy the game and not the fans, the gamers. It felt like the controls were acustomed to them and not for us. They didnt listen to the fans/the consumers when we're the ones that are going to be buying this game. They were so confident in Too Human that they had their blinds on to see that this game needs a lot of work. Ten years in the making, for what? It feels like this game needs another 10 more because Silicon Knights doesnt know how to cut the cake. They need to send someone out here to read game forums now because this game needs last minute changes. The way SK runs business, I highly doubt they will do anything about it. I think what we've played in the demo is going to be the final product and it's sad. Here's to 10 years for notihng.

that is a wall of text. dang.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="dukebd699"]

[QUOTE="gamegod"]i thought that the demo had decent graphics, but i really liked the art direction.the combat feels a little bit clunky and could take some getting used to.i think that the camera definitly needs some work as well.for now i will give silicon knights the benefit of the doubt.neelyboy99

that is a wall of text. dang.

Lol yup. I had to point out all the flaws. I was really looking foward to this one but I fell flat on my face thinking it would be epic. The wall of text is clearly, me expressing my disappointment. :lol:

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

WHAT!?!?

*runs to his 360*

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Elann2008

wow, so the camera is still an issue...even after 2 years from the last horrible E3 showing eh? geez

well, gladly i can overlook camera issues...need to DL the demo as soon as i get home from work.

chex81

It didnt think it was TOO bad. You can re-center the camera using the left shoulder button and you can choose the camera view from close up to medium, to far view. Let's just say, the camera issues can easily be overlooked and it will be the least of your worries.