tom clancy games = really wh*red out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts
i mean common, there have been around 11 rainbox six games, and around 8 ghost recon games, and 5 splinter cell games, and the majority of the games in those franchises came out on the last gen of consoles, i mean common, does he even care that theyre going to get boring, or is he in it just for the money,...i like rainbox six vegas, but its really hard for me to buy it cos its not a classic, plus it has tom clancys stupid name on it.....
saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
umm yea there have been many games in those franchises over the span of last generation and this generation, but most of them have only gotten better since this generation. if they were getting worse id see cause for concern, but, nope they mostly keep improving so i dont mind. if you wanna stick it to 'em then dont buy the game, but then its only your loss if you miss out on something good.
XxReklawxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 XxReklawxX
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts

these games are totally awesome.

no matter what generation

ZachBdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ZachBdude
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
umm yea there have been many games in those franchises over the span of last generation and this generation, but most of them have only gotten better since this generation. if they were getting worse id see cause for concern, but, nope they mostly keep improving so i dont mind. if you wanna stick it to 'em then dont buy the game, but then its only your loss if you miss out on something good.saiyanlarry
YOUR THE MAN! i agree, either dont complain or dont buy the games. the real fans dont want to hear it
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ironre5

the games are boring, thats all there is to it, vegas is good, and i think im going to look past tom clancys name and buy vegas 2 and splinter cell is good, but GRAW totally sucks...

acesion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 acesion
Member since 2003 • 1938 Posts
Graw when it came out was really got, but Graw 2 was dull. Vegas was good when it came out and Vegas 2 looks like it will be dull. Its just like the madden franchises, pritty much you just need to get one version of the game for the new console and then just wait untill a next gen council comes out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
At least they changed(or are changing) it up from the last generation...
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ironre5

look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.Lunchbucket16

yes but final fantasy has been out since the nes days, thats more than 20 yrs ago, these titles have mostly been out within 7 yrs , atleast ff spread out their games across 4 generations of consoles, toms games were all out during one generation, and now the news ones are on this gen

spartan_lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 spartan_lord
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
i think the original post has some truth to it. the games are being overdone with the same idea being used and the games do get boring but then fans of those games enjoy them and keep buying them, so realy theres no reason for tom clancy to stop producing them. personaly i get bored **** of most tom clancy games but thats me i still respect what he is doing.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
If they were bad games it'd be a different story. Fact is, 95% of Tom Clancy's games are really well done.....
satec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 satec
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts

Tom Clancy nolonger has any input on any of these games, the reason they are Tom Clancy's is because he began and owns the licensing rights to those franchises.

Each game is developed seperately, so it is unfair to add them all together and say there is a new Tom Clancy game every year. Different people at Ubisoft work on Rainbow Six than the people who work on Splinter Cell.

The reason they keep making these games is because people buy them and they're still making quality games. GRAW 1 and 2 were both pretty good, and Rainbow Six Vegas was excellent. It's really not a relevant discussion until the games become low quality.

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

[QUOTE="Lunchbucket16"]look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.Ironre5

yes but final fantasy has been out since the nes days, thats more than 20 yrs ago, these titles have mostly been out within 7 yrs , atleast ff spread out their games across 4 generations of consoles, toms games were all out during one generation, and now the news ones are on this gen

I had rainbow six on the N64. Thats not 1 generation ago. It may not be as long as FF but it is still a while back. At least there are different games. Its not strictly Rainbow six or ghost reacon or splinter cell. Hell what has Final Fantasy been all along? A turn based RPG. Its just that every game that comes out has a new cast and probably a different way to apply your stats. WOW BIG CHANGE! Yea ok. I recall being able to use the same spells in all the games. At least with the new guns that come out, the clancy games upgrade. Splinter cell, ghost recon and rainbow six are all different.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

the games are boring, thats all there is to it, vegas is good, and i think im going to look past tom clancys name and buy vegas 2 and splinter cell is good, but GRAW totally sucks...

Ironre5

you may think the games are boring, but that's your own opinion. others will disagree with you.

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
your nuts, tom clancy is a genious
monie11k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 monie11k
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
another topic on how you dont like tom clancy games? save it for your blog
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ironre5
[QUOTE="Ironre5"]

[QUOTE="Lunchbucket16"]look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.Nocturnal15

I had rainbow six on the N64. Thats not 1 generation ago. It may not be as long as FF but it is still a while back. At least there are different games. Its not strictly Rainbow six or ghost reacon or splinter cell. Hell what has Final Fantasy been all along? A turn based RPG. Its just that every game that comes out has a new cast and probably a different way to apply your stats. WOW BIG CHANGE! Yea ok. I recall being able to use the same spells in all the games. At least with the new guns that come out, the clancy games upgrade. Splinter cell, ghost recon and rainbow six are all different.

first of all i said a MAJORITY of the rainbow six and Ghost Recon games came out on the last gen systems, not ALL of them, and i never said i like final fantasy at all, but atleast they spanned the core games out over 20 yrs, not put out a game on one console generation, then put 6 out on the next generation.. if tom clancy learnt how to space his games out, then theyd actually not get boring...

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ironre5
sorry ^^^ i didnt realise i said that his games were all out, i actually meant the majority of them..
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nocturnal15
[QUOTE="Nocturnal15"][QUOTE="Ironre5"]

[QUOTE="Lunchbucket16"]look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.Ironre5

first of all i said a MAJORITY of the rainbow six and Ghost Recon games came out on the last gen systems, not ALL of them, and i never said i like final fantasy at all, but atleast they spanned the core games out over 20 yrs, not put out a game on one console generation, then put 6 out on the next generation.. if tom clancy learnt how to space his games out, then theyd actually not get boring...

You keep insisting that Tom Clancy is the one that still makes the games. Just stop complaining if you dont know what you are complaining about. I also never said anything about you liking FF. DOH!

DOH!

monie11k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 monie11k
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
[QUOTE="Ironre5"][QUOTE="Nocturnal15"][QUOTE="Ironre5"]

[QUOTE="Lunchbucket16"]look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.Nocturnal15

You keep insisting that Tom Clancy is the one that still makes the games. Just stop complaining if you dont know what you are complaining about. I also never said anything about you liking FF. DOH!

let him rant, its funny because he has no clue in what hes saying.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

these games are totally awesome.

no matter what generation

XxReklawxX

I have to agree 100%

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ironre5
i wish tom clancy would just stopmaking these games, i mean its the same boring thing over and over again....he shud have stopped after he made the first one..lulz
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

I love how you complain about Ubisoft while EA is right next door with 30 Sims games if you consider expansion packs games which i think you might. If you haven't noticed with the GR and R6 franchise, they get one game and then an "expansion" a year later. All it is, is usally a more polished and upgraded version of the previous game.

EXAMPLE: Ghost Recon 1.... and then the Thunder (whatever the hell name it was). Then Ghost Recon 2.... then Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike. GRAW.... then GRAW 2.

Even look at the R6 franchise and tll me they don't do that. Most expansions come out usually within a year of release.

Now you also talk about how Square has been making Final Fantasy games for a long time, but think how many games they have made with Final Fantasy on it and how many remakes of older games they have. I saw at Walmart there was Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (seperate games) for the PsP. They put out 4 Final Fantasy games for the PS2.. FF10,10X2,11,12, and that isn't counting Dirge of Cerberus and if they had any other spinoffs. Now how many Ghost Recons came out for Xbox ... 5. Unless i am counting wrong it was GR1 and expac and GR2 and expac and if you count the port of GRAW. Now you also think about that Nintendo Final Fantasy games which are yes different than PS2s. Some of them are remakes and some are actually new (btw i am talking about last gen).

I am pretty sure that Ubisoft has already said that Ghost Recon will no longer be a yearly title like it was more or less before (if you think about console transitions....). Ubisoft is expanding not only the Tom Clancy franchise (EndWar and their Flight Combat Sim like Ace Combat), but they are also making games like Assassin's Creed.

Yes Ubisoft puts out rehash after rehash, but look at the other companies that do the same... Nintendo, Square (i don't put on Enix because i am more a fan of Soft), and EA just to name a few.

The one problem i have with this forums and most likely the site is that people need to learn to blog these things more than post them on the Xbox 360 Forum or others.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#24 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

look at final fantasy. how games have they put out? there still strong.Lunchbucket16

Yeah, but there arent 5 different FF franchises out, and they only make one every few years.

That being said, I think the GRAW series should go back to the gameplay model of Ghost Recon 2, and the Splinter Cell games should still be stealth. Rainbow Six Vegas on the hand kicks ass, and so will Vegas 2.

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nocturnal15
I love how you complain about Ubisoft while EA is right next door with 30 Sims games if you consider expansion packs games which i think you might. If you haven't noticed with the GR and R6 franchise, they get one game and then an "expansion" a year later. All it is, is usally a more polished and upgraded version of the previous game.

EXAMPLE: Ghost Recon 1.... and then the Thunder (whatever the hell name it was). Then Ghost Recon 2.... then Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike. GRAW.... then GRAW 2.

Even look at the R6 franchise and tll me they don't do that. Most expansions come out usually within a year of release.

Now you also talk about how Square has been making Final Fantasy games for a long time, but think how many games they have made with Final Fantasy on it and how many remakes of older games they have. I saw at Walmart there was Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (seperate games) for the PsP. They put out 4 Final Fantasy games for the PS2.. FF10,10X2,11,12, and that isn't counting Dirge of Cerberus and if they had any other spinoffs. Now how many Ghost Recons came out for Xbox ... 5. Unless i am counting wrong it was GR1 and expac and GR2 and expac and if you count the port of GRAW. Now you also think about that Nintendo Final Fantasy games which are yes different than PS2s. Some of them are remakes and some are actually new (btw i am talking about last gen).

I am pretty sure that Ubisoft has already said that Ghost Recon will no longer be a yearly title like it was more or less before (if you think about console transitions....). Ubisoft is expanding not only the Tom Clancy franchise (EndWar and their Flight Combat Sim like Ace Combat), but they are also making games like Assassin's Creed.

Yes Ubisoft puts out rehash after rehash, but look at the other companies that do the same... Nintendo, Square (i don't put on Enix because i am more a fan of Soft), and EA just to name a few.

The one problem i have with this forums and most likely the site is that people need to learn to blog these things more than post them on the Xbox 360 Forum or others.

Agent_Kaliaver

Couldnt have said it any better.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
i wish tom clancy would just stopmaking these games, i mean its the same boring thing over and over again....he shud have stopped after he made the first one..lulzIronre5

you should've stopped posting after you got owned. :D
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Yes, Tom Clancy games are terrible IMO. Never liked them, I've tried some of the newer ones thinking they would change my opinion like GRAW and RSV but yet I still think they are not too great, terribly cliched stories and a realistic approach to gameplay that I don't find fun or exciting.

His name being put on games is reaching the point putting his name on books reached. Tom Clancy hasn't written anything in years yet dozens of books come out bearing "Tom Clancy's" and written by someone else. Its a shame that a pretty good writer from the 80's and 90's has been whored out this bad.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

Yes, Tom Clancy games are terrible IMO. Never liked them, I've tried some of the newer ones thinking they would change my opinion like GRAW and RSV but yet I still think they are not too great, terribly cliched stories and a realistic approach to gameplay that I don't find fun or exciting.

His name being put on games is reaching the point putting his name on books reached. Tom Clancy hasn't written anything in years yet dozens of books come out bearing "Tom Clancy's" and written by someone else. Its a shame that a pretty good writer from the 80's and 90's has been whored out this bad.

Ket87

I don't really think that the stories for the games are supposed to be good, it's mostly just an excuse to kill some bad guys. I hated the realistic gameplay at first, but if you put some time into the RSV multiplayer it'll definitely grow on you.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i dont like tom clancy's name on their either, because i doubt he had much to do with the game at all, never the less the games are good
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ironre5

[QUOTE="Ironre5"]i wish tom clancy would just stopmaking these games, i mean its the same boring thing over and over again....he shud have stopped after he made the first one..lulzStrife88

you should've stopped posting after you got owned. :D

i wish tom clancy would just stopmaking these games, i mean its the same boring thing over and over again....he shud have stopped after he made the first one..lulz

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
I don't care, I love them, now give me GRAW 3 please!! :cry:
ou661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 ou661
Member since 2006 • 292 Posts
these game have been improving and have been diffrent each release there not getting old at all if you don't like them dont buy them and stop complaning about them
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
i mean common, there have been around 11 rainbox six games, and around 8 ghost recon games, and 5 splinter cell games, and the majority of the games in those franchises came out on the last gen of consoles, i mean common, does he even care that theyre going to get boring, or is he in it just for the money,...i like rainbox six vegas, but its really hard for me to buy it cos its not a classic, plus it has tom clancys stupid name on it.....Ironre5
Dude seriously, GIVE IT UP
SLXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SLXD
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
Well its UbiSoft that has the contract and they are doing a great job on it. So I really dont mind.. IF it was Treyarch or something I'd see reason for concern...
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
I dont see the problem if they keep developing solid games. Im looking foward to End war
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
people are complaining that great games are being released frequently now?..
Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
people are complaining that great games are being released frequently now?..ctfvyrsgurbnorn
I know weird isnt it?
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
people are complaining that great games are being released frequently now?..ctfvyrsgurbnorn
No, this guy just has some weird obsession involving Tom Clancy. I keep telling him to seek help.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
LAY OFF THE MAGIC BROWNIES TC, GET SOME WINDEX AND PUT IT ON YOUR GLASSES, GET SOME WHEATIES, AND PLAY AN ATTACK AND DEFEND MATCH ON CALYPSO CASINO
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts
well i hate his books n movies... but i really love his games... cant wait for vegas 2.... n hopefully well get GRAW3 soon afterwards
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
well i hate his books n movies... but i really love his games... cant wait for vegas 2.... n hopefully well get GRAW3 soon afterwardsArsenicA
Vegas 2 will be awesome, and so will be GRAW 3. :D
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
wasnt the only good FF nuber 7
arc_salvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 arc_salvo
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts
Well, I kind of liked the first few Clancy games, but somewhere along the line they got kind of repetitive and the quality started to drop. I do like Rainbow Six: Vegas though, and I'm really looking forward to Vegas 2. Didn't really think Advanced Warfighter 2 was that fun though.
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ironre5

[QUOTE="ctfvyrsgurbnorn"]people are complaining that great games are being released frequently now?..HilbillyRokstar
No, this guy just has some weird obsession involving Tom Clancy. I keep telling him to seek help.

what are you some kind of an idiot, just because i feel that the tom clancy name is put on every game, and that i hate it, i need to seek help......seriously r u an idiot, people only 'seek help' when they have real issues...i guess you are too overly protected by your parents, cos you feel that people need to seek help for minor issues like someone not liking a game.....do us a favor an STFU