To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crazyhobo513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crazyhobo513
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
I really need some help right now, every game I play, even new ones, is not registering with the 360 and I do not know what to do. As I do not wish to send it off to Micro$oft I am looking for a link to a guide to fix the issue. I think it happens to be the laser in the reader or something similar. I bought my console in 2007 from a Walmart if that helps.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#2 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
is a problem with the laser lens, they got "stuck" on the dvd setting I had this same problem and I had to send it to microsoft
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
Yes its thr laser lense you need to get it unstuck and you can fix it without opening the console, get some strong card and slide it into the top of the disc tray with the disc inside, slide the card left to right many times you should feel the laser actually budge its position, once thats done it should work fine.
K1NG_0F_PA1N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 K1NG_0F_PA1N
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yes its thr laser lense you need to get it unstuck and you can fix it without opening the console, get some strong card and slide it into the top of the disc tray with the disc inside, slide the card left to right many times you should feel the laser actually budge its position, once thats done it should work fine.KorruptRaiden
That sounds... I dunno... risky. I wouldn't want to treat my 360 that roughly and risk screwing it up even more.
LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
just restart the system and try again, i've had that happen a few times, i wouldn't worry because i've had my 360 for 2 years and its did it like week one. It has something to do with the reading of the disc, make sure the disc is clean.
kx6593

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kx6593
Member since 2004 • 1598 Posts
I've had this problem for about a year now. Can someone please give a sure way to fix this? $100 is kind of a lot just for such a simple problem...
MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonkeyPulp
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

I've had this problem for about a year now. Can someone please give a sure way to fix this? $100 is kind of a lot just for such a simple problem...kx6593

If the above answer doesnt work, and your xbox is still under the 3 year warranty, why not just make your xbox RROD and then send it in for free.

kx6593

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kx6593
Member since 2004 • 1598 Posts

[QUOTE="kx6593"]I've had this problem for about a year now. Can someone please give a sure way to fix this? $100 is kind of a lot just for such a simple problem...MonkeyPulp

If the above answer doesnt work, and your xbox is still under the 3 year warranty, why not just make your xbox RROD and then send it in for free.

Well how can I force my 360 to RROD?
R_MAHIL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 R_MAHIL
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
[QUOTE="MonkeyPulp"]

[QUOTE="kx6593"]I've had this problem for about a year now. Can someone please give a sure way to fix this? $100 is kind of a lot just for such a simple problem...kx6593

Well how can I force my 360 to RROD?

put the heating on full blast in your house. stick your 360 next to a radiator. turn it on and lay it on its side. then wait till it overheats.
imrlybord7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 imrlybord7
Member since 2005 • 5009 Posts
You can buy 360 disc drives. You have to install it yourself, and it voids the warranty, but unless you got your 360 in the last year or got an extended warranty it is already over.