To People That Bought UT3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 demon565
Member since 2005 • 5167 Posts
How is the game ? Does the online community have a decent enough community? Also I heard that it lags alot is that true? Last question m Is it worth $60 ?
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
No. $20 maybe, but not $60.
demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 demon565

No. $20 maybe, but not $60.dunamistheou

Can you be more specific why you would say that ?

MadSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MadSoldier
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
UT3 is pretty good. The online community isn't huge but there will always be enough people online for you to easily find a game to join. There is hardly any lag. I think its worth $60, i think that amazon had some deal for UT3 that was like $45 but not sure if thats still going.
demon565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 demon565
So overall its worth it?
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
IMO it's worth it. I haven't had any trouble online or finding a match, I've also never experienced any lagging. Overall if you love fast paced shooting it's a buy.
dogman753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dogman753
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts

How is the game ? Does the online community have a decent enough community? Also I heard that it lags alot is that true? Last question m Is it worth $60 ? demon565

personally the I love the fast paced gameplay so I like the game. The community is there meaning you want to play a game you can, It lagged alot on the ps3 but they fixed most of the lagging so its minimal. And no i dont think its worth 60 (lack of a good single player) I say maybe 40 would be a good price purely because of the single player or lack there of a good one.

Sc07iaFr34k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sc07iaFr34k
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts
It's better on the [PC] than any console just because of the vast ammount of modifications you can make to the game.
War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts
If it were $20 cheaper, it would be a good deal. I mean, full price for a PC port that's been late to the party? It's not a bad game, just old.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
if you liked any of the other unreal games online then get it coz its great fun, and no ive not had any problems with lag or connections at all. dont seem like a old game, plus u get more than the ps3 versions. u get all the dlc they had and extra maps. plus the ability to play on split screen. which also applies to playing on xbox live with a guest on split screen against people on the net. well sweet intense fast first person shooter and each game type usually has about 25 games on the go on the server lists
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts

How is the game ? Does the online community have a decent enough community? Also I heard that it lags alot is that true? Last question m Is it worth $60 ? demon565

Yes, its very worth it. I had it on PS3 which was good. It did have its share of problems. I traded it now I will pick it up for XBL tomorrow. Better community for online. add me if you get the game.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="demon565"]How is the game ? Does the online community have a decent enough community? Also I heard that it lags alot is that true? Last question m Is it worth $60 ? WMDfreeman99

Yes, its very worth it. I had it on PS3 which was good. It did have its share of problems. I traded it now I will pick it up for XBL tomorrow. Better community for online. add me if you get the game.

Yea, I love the game. There seem to be a lot of haters for no reason though. Mostly people with opinions who haven't even played the game.

I haven't had any lag. Play ranked on the Pure servers. It's awesome though...This is going to be my MP shooter until Fallout3/Fable 2 start rolling out.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
i think people just hate on it coz space based shooters arnt for everyone, alot of peope rather play armys than shoot aliens etc with crazy weapons and cant hack playing that fast. i love it me, ut2004 and uc2 were class for me and ut3 is even better. loving some of the classic maps coming back as well like deck and that ctf map with the 2 castles on the floating rocks with a bridge in middle forgot the name but its a clasic
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mau-Justice

i think people just hate on it coz space based shooters arnt for everyone, alot of peope rather play armys than shoot aliens etc with crazy weapons and cant hack playing that fast. i love it me, ut2004 and uc2 were class for me and ut3 is even better. loving some of the classic maps coming back as well like deck and that ctf map with the 2 castles on the floating rocks with a bridge in middle forgot the name but its a clasicdjrobst

No I understand. It's the New CoD4 vs Halo, now it's BF:BC vs UT3.

I like Military shooters as well, but It's always kinda the same weapons/same basis. At least in a Sci-Fi type, you can be creative and come up with different things.

Plus the vehicles in UT3 are pretty sweet.

Auroni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#15 Auroni
Member since 2004 • 1284 Posts

I've been playing it alot the last two day. The game is pretty good. So far theres enough people to jump into a game quickly. I haven't had lag at all really. Probably not worth $60 because you can find the PS3 version for 20.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mau-Justice

[QUOTE="demon565"]How is the game ? Does the online community have a decent enough community? Also I heard that it lags alot is that true? Last question m Is it worth $60 ? Auroni

I've been playing it alot the last two day. The game is pretty good. So far theres enough people to jump into a game quickly. I haven't had lag at all really. Probably not worth $60 because you can find the PS3 version for 20.

Yea, but the Live community is better than the PS3 has ever been really. You have to DL all the mods just to find matches now.

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
You could pay $20 for the same game on PS3, but hey, not all of us have or want a PS3. The game is worth the $60. Also, don't you hate how no-one knows about this game and if they do, they think it's a spin-off to gears?
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mau-Justice

You could pay $20 for the same game on PS3, but hey, not all of us have or want a PS3. The game is worth the $60. Also, don't you hate how no-one knows about this game and if they do, they think it's a spin-off to gears?Wardemon50

Unlike Overlord and the other ports that they are charging 60$ for, I actually think UT is still worth it.

The entire game is based on multiplayer, and where are MP games best suited? XBL (Opinion). Also the community on PS3 was dead. I could have easily bought it for PS3 and gotten Keyboard/Mouse support, but I'd rather not have to go searching out people to play.

The mods didn't bother me, I'm not one who likes to make/play the crazy maps/gametypes. I always feel like I'm at a disadvantage. Plus they will release the best of the Mods as DLC.

RELL1K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 RELL1K
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts
If you like FPS where you fly around then you should get this. If you have COD4 and you buy this game eventually you will go back to COD4. Just my opinion. But then again I never really liked the Unreal games.